Live Weather Reports and Discussion

To me it’s plain simple: they just don’t care about some issues. Weather is one of them.

3 Likes

The essential problem with weather is definitely you have to clean start the sim each time you want to get it, otherwise live weather loads for your first flight only.

By the way, Meteoblue is not bad at catching realistic weather data.

1 Like

Meteoblue is awesome. But they failed to integrate the information provided inside MSFS.

3 Likes

What I am seeing recently is that live weather works fine as long as the servers are running ok! I did 3 back to back flights without clear weather start and it worked just fine. On the 4th leg, it did not work at all! No matter what I did (i.e. clean start/clear weather, then real weather in the sim)! The snow cover was also gone! I am also not clear how the live weather works in MSFS 2020! Does it update throughout the flight or is it just a one time information download at the start and based on the flight plan? The snow cover seems to be only for the immediate/near area of the start location and does not include other areas! Would be nice to get this thing working reliably!

Live weather is working fine here

2 Likes

No weather for me at Ulmm

Can someone briefly summarize what did change since August?

I don’t understand why people consider the weather correct just by comparing what they see out of the window. MSFS need to be compared with data (metar, meteoblue maps etc…)

2 Likes

Madrid deep snow cover:

But… nothing happens in sim. :sleepy:

1 Like

I was flying in and out of Innsbruck yesterday and today. There was snow on the ground in live weather. Also the Runway and taxiways/ apron where covered in snow. It would be great (and much more realistic) to have them clear of snow. The only occasion for them to be covered with snow would be heavy snowfalls at that time.

Well,it’s difficult to see if that is the case as you are high above the clouds. That CCTV footage is at ground level, beneath the clouds. There could be anything going on down there. :wink:

No, that area covered by clouds is the upper part of the mountain system. Underneath it wasn’t completely covered and the Flight simulator didn’t present snow on the surface. That peak is the highest peak in the Spanish mountain central system.

This is a real photo from yesterday. As the Meteoblue website correctly represents, the first stable snows of the season have already been visible for days (forecasts for this week said that heavy snowfalls that will increase the layer). But absolutely nothing is represented in simulator.

What a pity :sweat_smile:; In the Iberian Peninsula, the real snow cover is correctly represented in the simulator, but the central system, which surrounds the capital, Madrid, is not.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

It would have been interesting to manually adjust the snow cover there, to see if it could actually be made to look like the real thing I.e. determining if it is simply the sim not applying the correct weather data, or the sim not being able to apply it correctly.

Test manual parameters… nmm… good idea! I tried it this evening!

FIrst, and … right now, in the simulator, one of the two sky stations in the area. Not a single snowflake at least.

2 Likes

I would then manually adjust snow cover, not snow fall, to see if it can be made to lookout it should.

Was this a second flight in one session? Many users report not getting live weather on their subsequent flights, with pressure fixed at 29.92, no matter where you fly.

Live weather does interesting things and is a mixed bag :crossed_fingers:t2:

Flew into Zurich and no snow. Ended the flight, started another one from Zurich after going back to the main menu and this time everything was covered in snow. The other day, it was raining :cloud_with_rain:heavily at my home town and when I decided to fly from the airport, weather was clear. :sun_with_face:

On the other hand, couple of days back when I flew into Innsbruck, it had snow on tarmac and adjoining areas which was accurate. :cloud_with_snow:

1 Like

First flight was ok then…18C and clear skies in Northern Europe right now.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t the sunny Spain be like Florida? No snow at all

Any development in depiction of visibility and haze layers after latest update?

2 Likes

Hi, I can’t get rid of live weather. No matter what I do it is always live weather. It does not let me switch to preset clear skies. Unless I play off line by turning off wifi, I can’t get rid of live weather. I even turned off x box and steam, it didn’t help. I don’t even see the cloud icon in control panel. I am frustrated. If you know the solution, I can even call you to get instruction. Thanks. Best regards.

Can you show us a picture of your flight setup screen? The one that shows the weather setup. The whole screen, if you could.

1 Like