Live weather stops injecting after a certain duration flown / certain time flown

Same issue 70 minutes out of ANC heading down to PDX this afternoon. Overcast ended in abrupt line out over the Gulf of Alaska, no clouds injected for the remaining 2 hours of flight. METAR for PDX was for overcast at 800, and rain. Landed with clear skies instead.

2 Likes

This seems to be happening to people randomly. This same thing happened to me a few days ago, but since then everything is back to being normal now. So weird.

Mee too. Last 2-3 days without clouds, only winds… I don’t know what to do…

There is nothing you can do, just wait to have that thread bug-logged in order to have a fix implemented in a next SU.

1 Like

This problem would not exist if we could still download the full global weather data like before SU7.

3 Likes

I guess so… that issue (among others related to Live weather) started to happen right after SU7 implementation (November 2021) as mentioned in the original post. 1 year later and many SUs, still not fixed. I assume Live weather improvements (or major fixes) have been put on hold since then to focus the dev team on other areas of the sim.

2 Likes

Feels like it has been really low prority since release. Mention 1 real improvment since release 2020. I’ve only seen downgrades to please those people with old hardware. Or integrating METAR that downgraded the simulation of weather to please those users that want weather to be fixed in place to match METAR. Those that want the weather behave like weather were then left behind. So many issues introduced to get a really static fog layer around airports. And i think it were meant to be a more accurate cloudcoverage, But it isn’t. It just introduced generic looking clouds. It also introduced clouds stops injecting, together with many other issues. The question, were the METAR integration really worth the complete change of weather system/model together with all of the issues we now have? To me it were maybe a really tiny step (low visibility when METAR reports that) forward together with 100 steps backwards.

1 Like

Did you check to see if iPv6 is enabled in your network settings? That should be DISABLED…unchecked. I had this same problem and someone here told be to uncheck the iPV6 which I did, and clouds came back immediately. No idea why that can mess up live weather, but it can. There is a thread about it if you need more info.

1 Like

Yes you are right, I forgot to mention this workaround that only PC users can try (unfortunately doesn’t always fix the issue).

Unfortunately the disable didn’t make any difference.
However, the clouds came with (IPv6 enabled) after 6-7 min !
I don’t know what’s happening… I have 100Mbps internet
Let’s hope they fix that… it’s a major issue.

Thanks anyway

That’s so weird. Glad they came back!

1 Like

The last 4 days most of the time cant inject the weather at the origin airport, and even if it is injected, in the middle of the flight i get clear skies but with correct wind and baro!

Maybe its time Asobo let some professionals to be involved with weather matter.

Its unbelievable to fly at December like Summer.

5 Likes

My question is probably too basic for this group but I gotta start somewhere. I lost my live weather and cannot load it back on. It is always 2kts @270. No help in flight conditions which shows live weather toggle lit. Basic fix appreciated.

If you are using a PC try to disable IPv6 in your network settings (need to re-start your PC).
Also you can always check there Community Support/Weather & Live Weather forum, there are plenty of posts related to Live weather issues.

Unfortunately, no change… CAVOK everywhere, except BIKF airport.

Guys I think I found a workaround.
If I load a flight on a stand/gate, no clouds are shown.
If I load on a runway, clouds are there!!
This is just crazy, please Asobo fix that

3 Likes

Why does IPv6 have to be disabled for some [for me its been 3 weeks] in order to see real time clouds?

At that point no one knows, there is no explanation in any post. This thread is feedback-logged so devs are investigating and hopefully will be able to implement a fix soon. But not sure if we will know the real root cause.

Per demented’s suggestion, I deleted IPv6 and it did not fix the problem. I am still not getting live weather.

Thank you D.

I also tried reinstalling MSFS. No Joy.