Liveries are broken after Update 5 (A320) - Can Only Have One Installed

@p1nba11er Can you do an Aeroméxico livery?

One more thing I discovered after fooling around for a while, until this is fixed right, there is a workaround… use Dev Mode. If your liveries for any plane are not loading for you, just load the sim with the default skin. Once you’re in game, use the aircraft selector option on the Developer menu. All my liveries are still there and load fine this way.

One word of warning: If you load the sim with the livery you want and your default loads instead, you need to choose another and let it load, then go back to the one you want.

Also keep in mind that if you choose to keep your sim in dev mode all the time, your activities, flights, and achievements will no longer be recorded in your logbook. So if that matters to you, make sure to exit Dev Mode once your livery is loaded.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

The only issue is that if you’re starting on cold and dark, once you choose the livery it loads up the plane with everything running.

Works only once… Can’t change livery again without going through the whole process :confounded:

I can’t even access the aircraft editor.
It’s shaded in gray

I am experiencing this issue as well, hope they are working to fix it.

I encounter the same problems.

Same problem with A320 and 787. It loads the liverie wich was selected on startup correctly, I also can change it in the menu to another one but the skin itself remains the same as on startup.

I’m suffering the same issue. Can’t use a non-Asobo livery on the A320 Neo…

Did you clear the community folder before the update? The warning to do it was displayed WHILE the update was running - so if it is the reason for the liveries to not work it would be a very bad communication from Microsoft…

As much as I do sincerely love this game, Asobo’s really gotta start respecting the QA process a little more. Initially choosing to delay the update was understandable, if not commendable. At the end of the day, however, I think they still jumped the gun on this one.

It feels like the players and devs aren’t quite on the same page yet.

2 Likes

Asobo are developing their own product, we cannot expect them to tailor their development to every free MSFS 2020 add-on on the planet, they would be consumed and quickly ‘bogged down’ Asobo do not take the lead from freeware developers! You ask too much. It is up to the freeware developers to keep their models updated and compatible with the simulator. The fantastic people that produce the freeware liveries will adapt them very quickly to this latest update, if they need to. BRGDS. Charles

The warning did not tell people to clear their community folder. The warning specifically stated that a community folder may contain add-ons that are not compatible with the new update, (fair enough). The warning then went on to say, if there are compatibility problems, (in use) that the user should then remove the offending add-ons. This was my interpretation of what I read. BRGDS. Charles

Why not use this fantastic utility to manage your add-ons. Keep your addons out of your community folder and use this symbolic linker. It simplifies everything!

1 Like

it simplefies things yes but does not make the liveries work.

2 Likes

No your right, the freeware livery developers may have to make a small change to their files to keep the compatibility going on a rapidly developing flight simulator platform. Of course, Asobo may need to tweak something on their end if necessary. As I said in a thread somewhere else, we cannot expect Asobo to change their developing product to cater for freeware developers. Freeware developers do not dictate the product development pathway of this software. BRGDS. Charles

We can only make those changes once we know what to change. If they wanted to help they could have let us know before hand what they changed.

This isn’t just happening with the add-on liveries. The default liveries are experiencing the same failure.

CORRECTION: I was speaking to my OFFFICIAL add-on default liveries. Technically, that makes them an add-on I suppose as they live in the Community folder with the freeware liveries.

Confirmed. Configuration:
MFS Basic Package - Dev Mode enabled
FlyByWire A320 Neo mod
Entered the sim at KIAD with an A32N using a livery I had never used before (American)
Plane spawned with the correct livery.
Exited back to the World Map
Selected a different livery I had not used before (Air Carribe)
Plane spawned at KIAD with the American livery.

1 Like

So now you work for American Airlines.
ASOBO brings more realism now every simmer only uses one airline.

1 Like

I 100% agree that’s it’s not really their job to support free mod creators but these are not difficult things to check and you must QA software in the way a user uses your software, or you might as well not be QAing it. An analogy might be something like QAing FS using only a keyboard to fly and then being surprised “oh, our users are using these?!?” when issues come up with external controllers.

2 Likes