Liveries are broken after Update 5 (A320) - Can Only Have One Installed

Confirmed every single livery is now not working even if the livery doesnt have a model folder with it. You have to do the resync every single time. This is simply unacceptable.

4 Likes

Yep. You can switch ingame still, but you have to still resync.

2 Likes

The liveries I have with the model folder all seem to work as expected. It’s those without that fail.

2 Likes

have same issue. please fix as soon as possible…maybe even a hotfix

3 Likes

please fix this issue I beg

3 Likes

It doesn’t let click on aircraft editor. After selecting new project it opens up a small window to select something out of my files where the sim is installed. When I go on tools, aircraft editor is gray and I’m unable to click on it.

Wish asobo would at least thoroughly test the content before pushing an update - and if they find an issue, fix it and then test everything thoroughly and then release. This has happened way to much.

10 Likes

Re-sync sorta works, the first time. If you want to change a livery again, you have to repeat the process. I’ve had the sim lock up on me twice now too, while clicking between liveries trying to test stuff. SMH

take a look … it might help

We Know that asobo has a lot of job on their heads now but this is really importent to us, the community. great work tho well done asobo. (Not in sarcastic way… i mean it.)

i managed to load liveries by selecting them in the hangar first before start the flight. it might help some people

Liveries selection is broken for all my aircraft. The hits just keep coming, patch after patch. You can’t make this stuff up. It’s like getting hit with a left hook out of nowhere with every patch. Asobo better get a grip on this or it will kill this sim.

7 Likes

It also completely broke the A320nx mod

2 Likes

I think there’s a folder structure issue with files in the community folder. It really seems like it’s loading the wrong files in some cases, or there’s a path that’s being held somewhere in a preference setting that’s not being flushed. I can make some liveries work but not others even though they’re identical in every way. 3 seems to be the limit inexplicably. No clue if that’s a real thing or just coincidence. But yeah… a folder structure re-jig would certainly break a lot of ■■■■. And again, NOT TESTED ENOUGH prior to launching, even after taking a couple days extra. S M H

1 Like

The texture of any of my A320’s including default is broken. Its like no textures for the aircraft are loading at all - is this what people are experiencing?

I have not experienced that specific issue. I’ve managed to fix enough of my personally created liveries so that 3 work but no more than 3 and it seems like the first 3 in alphabetical order. Any more than that causes problems or they don’t load. I’m not trying anymore either. Asobo can clean up their own mess.

1 Like

In my case, I have 72 gig in my community folder (scenery & livery), with the largest livery by far is the a320. For this plane only, just clicking on a livery makes the game go unresponsive. For other planes, if you choose the plane and livery in your hanger, only the default skin shows up. When you enter the sim, again its the default livery. However if you close the game and restart the program, the next time you check your hanger, the livery of whatever you chose in the last session is correctly displayed.

All my livery choices still show up, they just don’t display. The only exception being the non a320 liveries of the plane used on your previous loading. It also does not permanently correct the problem. For example, if the blue Icon livery worked after starting a second time, if you choose another livery the blue one is lost again.

Sorry its a bit hard to explain, so I hope I’m being clear and not just causing more confusion. I’m trying to explain my experience clearly because the details may help troubleshoot the issues.

I sincerely hope I don’t need to move and then reinstall 72 gigs of addons one by one because of this update.

1 Like

Makes sense, mimics my experience. Per the post below, known (but not acknowledged) issue. Will be fixed god knows when, but my guess, two weeks, per usual.

1 Like

Somehow your AirCal livery became my default for the a320, which I am very pleased about at the moment. At least I have one awesome livery to use while they work to clear up this disaster.

2 Likes

Well, I’m glad you got stuck with a cool one at least. AirCal is my personal favorite livery of all time.