Livery Discussion | Discuss Liveries Here!

W.I.P. Neo dirty livery

18 Likes

Never thought something dirty could look so nice.

1 Like

Hi, I need help at my Texture.cfg. I need to know how I make a new template for my own. Becouse I buy a Payware Plane and want to Paint it. But I don’t find any existing Paint for this Plane. The Cessna 182 Skylane. I think the texture.cfg is that one with the Failier. I seed some One to find my fail via Teamviewer ore somethink like that.

1 Like

IIF(you are correct in that the texture.cfg is your issue) , you’ll need to find the relative path back to your ‘BASE’ texture folder of your payware aircraft to access those files you’ve not used in YOUR texture folder. Trial and error … keep trying different amounts of …\ OR " somethink like that."

I am working on it currently, will post it in the flightsim website when ready.

Just made the new Armenian Livery that was recently released in real life, and I painted it by a request in the Livery Request List

Here is the link to my livery: Fly Armenia A320 (NEW) • Flight Simulator 2020

1 Like

Guys, can you point me some quality 747 liveries that don’t have mirrored skin problem?
And it needs to be easy install method
thanks in advance

1 Like

I really hope I’m wrong and I’ve just missed it, but I don’t think there are any non mirrored livereis. The 747 will have to be re-textured at the model level before it can be wrapped on two sides so its up to Asobo to fix their models to support this or someone will have to be able to export the default model and then re-import it after it’s been fixed. So far, nobody has been able to do this successfully yet. These problems also exist on other jets… for the A320, the engine nacelle is mirrored on the inside and outside which is unrealistic. I’ve never tired to paint a 787 but if I recall, it has a mirrored rudder. Neither quite as silly as an entire fuselage but basically, same issues with flipped text/logos.

but i see some videos on youtube that contains non mirrored 747’s?

I don’t know what to tell you… from a cursory glance over at flightsim.to, the latest 747 liveries all seem to have mirroring issues. It does look as though there are a couple places one could place a small image that is unique to either side but these areas will be too small to realistically depict most liveries.

But how do they do it on the default 747 texture, then? As far as I know the default texture isn’t mirrored. So if the issue is the texturing on the model level, shouldn’t the default 747 be mirrored as well? And if the default 747 isn’t mirrored, then why can’t we use whatever the texture file it was using and change it to whichever texture we want?

Everything you see here in yellow is a distinct area that was mapped separately on both sides of the plane. So the only place one could apply something unique on both sides is within a rectangle that fits around these text areas. All of the other blue stuff (the stripes, gradients and halftone pattern ■■■■ on the tail) is mirrored onto the other side of the fuselage.

1 Like

aaaahhhhhh… that’s very sneaky…

Fictional Austrian 2020 for the 787 would be nice :slight_smile:

Does anyone know why some planes have my liveries and others have the ugly yellow green default looking liveries?
Updated Edit
I found these are loaded from the official aircraft.cfg file. They are called AirTraffic, AirTraffic01, AirTraffic02. You can modify this file and change isAirTraffic from 1 to 0 (isAirTraffic = 0 :wink:
Now I only get my pretty liveries :smiley:

I just finished up Daniel Webster College, a now defunct training school that was based in Nashua, NH, N671DW - N689DW. I’m figuring out how to package it up now. Will eventually have all 19 C172’s they flew. I’d like to adapt it to the Classic as well (I haven’t done a Premium livery yet). In the future I’d like to do their CAP-10’s, Mooney, and Seminole they flew, too.

1 Like

A320, can I make one without windows for a cargo livery?

I am a total noob and just wonder first Where do you get blank models to start off with or am i totally off the mark? Thanks, guys

The texture DDS files (A320NEO_TEXTURETYPE_ALBD.PNG.DDS) are located in the default installation folder (somewhereonyourPC\asobo-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO\TEXTURE). Opening them in Photoshop or another image editing app will allow you to edit them. They must be saved back in DDS format however and this requires a plugin depending on which editor you use.

Making edits this way doesn’t really work that well as the mapping is not pixel perfect. Getting lines and logos painted onto the fuselage for example, works much better by painting directly onto the 3D model in something like Blender or 3DS and then exporting the textures from there.

1 Like

Anybody know what I’m doing wrong?

1 Like