Livery Discussion | Discuss Liveries Here!

Would Love To See This Get Done!

sae

1 Like

Thanks for the nice Livery…

A polite tip:

Painters - be aware of simple flood fills to change the aircraft livery - if you look at the basic white models, you will see shading. Where you can create layers it is easiest to create a layer out of the base model texture and place it right at the top of the stack.

Put your plain flood fills below at the bottom. Any Decals should go inbetween. When you save your finished product you “flatten” the image first, i.e. the layers are merged. Try different methods such as multiply on lighter base colours. That way the shading and “dirt” is kept visible.

Another tip - try not to use full ffffff black or 000000 white There is no such thing on IRL liveries. Yes, the paint is black/white, but ambient light, shade and reflection lighten and darken the surfaces. Besides - it makes the dirt layers completely disappear. Or in the white - the glare can be a lot too harsh. Especially on white you will see some that have blue tones (ice white / snow white) yellow (egg shell / ivory) and so on.

On the other hand - a question - has anyone found the reflective layers? When you start painting mud down the sides of bushplanes, you’ll realise why I ask. Have you ever seen shiny, glossy, reflective caked on mud spatter? In FSX these were the alphas on the textures for reflectionand speculars (with associated alpha layers) for gloss and glare effects. I have found some sheets in the texture folders that may do this, but for some reason the file type is not recognised.

Ah well, it’s a new learning curve.

Has anyone created the Nepal Airlines livery for the A320?

Kind of at a loss here, what would be the best way to create a straight line from a deformed model mapping? The 208’s nose cone(?) is an absolute mess, and a couple brute force tracing has given better results from a plain “straight” line, but nowhere near good enough to actually use (the line is still all over the place), and I have to assume theres a better way that im just not aware of.

the SAS A320 Neo cockpit is kindof scuffed… the black parts are blurry and the text on the tail and on the side of the cockpit is blurry.
Do anyone mind updating the Scandinavian Airlines SAS livery?

1 Like

United Airlines Livery

I know the Text is small but it comes out wonky and lower texture when you try to paint it onto the fuselage.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZOStml12qCOTaHr1WrSe9yjOvJBPbKYg?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Good god I cannot wait for the SQ 78X. Dropping money on the Premium Deluxe the moment you release!

1 Like

Are there any dreamliner liverys on here or am I blind? Great job guys :+1:

1 Like

Hello.
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask for support. If not, please move this topic to the right place.
So I am having issues to see liveries. I followed the steps from videos but I still don’t see liveries. The steps I have done from the videos:

“Open up Community directory- If you used a custom location, it will be under Drive_Letter:\Install_Dir\Community If you installed in the default, use %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community for a path Drag and Drop liveries from the drive link into the Community Folder 4. Restart or start MSFS.”

I dropped shared liveries files as instructed but liveries are still not there.
Thanks for looking.

Looking forward to a KLM 787-10!

5 Likes

HI, So I download hoping to get AF1 but, istead, I got Korean Air. Any Ideas?

Gee8ch

I’ve just changed the link. And out of curiosity, was it a 747 or A320?

DA40 request, can someone please make these
• TF-KFC
• TF-KFD
• TF-KFM

2 Likes

And maybe these as well for the DV20? :slight_smile:
• TF-FGA
• TF-FGB
• TF-FGC

2 Likes

wanted to see more 787 liveries as well, here my 787-10 liveries wishlist

• All Nippon Airways
  • British Airways
  • EVA Air
  • Etihad Airways
  • United Airlines

and some semi fictional liveries

• Air China
  • Air France
  • American Airlines
  • Avianca
  • El Al
  • Japan Airlines
  • LATAM
  • LOT Polish Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Qatar Airways
  • Scoot
  • Thai Airways
  • Virgin Atlantic
7 Likes

Many thanks to all aircraft painters here in the forum!

Unfortunately I’m not that much of a painter, but I will certainly give it a try if I have the time! It is phenomenal to see again and again what the community has put together in 5 days. Is there even this variety of liveries for other Sims that have been on the market for a long time? I almost don’t think so. As I said, I’m not the painter and I have little time at the moment, and when I do, I use them to fly at the moment. But … I would also have some wishes in the hope that the other would want that too and someone would be able to do it. I have a Learjet in GLS livery for Xplane and could also imagine it on the 2 FS Jets or an ADAC variant. But also a UPS and Fedex or DHL painting for the 747 certainly looks good. I hope there will be someone! Thanks also to those who put all these beautiful paintwork in the mega-folder again and again, making it very easy to use! I tried that too at the beginning but unfortunately failed …

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Thanks! Been waiting on this one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too! finally got tired of waiting. This version
has bigger letters
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NCF4Ei4nupfJlDHZ1hO7t6g91gd2iy1H?usp=sharing

1 Like

Great work from mfendless. The Egyptair livery looks awesome. :clap:

4 Likes