Livery Discussion | Discuss Liveries Here!

1000 thanks, this is awesome, i think, I have to get into this too, will install blender and the adding, then learn how to do…

1 Like

loaded, let me know if you have any issues with it.

Hey Satbir - Im a moderator of the MSFS Megapack and we have figured out a way to include multiple 787 liveries at once rather than using game replacement
But the liveries need to be converted for it to work, I am happy to convert it for you if you’d like and then it will be ready for the next megapack. Do you have discord / are you part of our discord channel?

1 Like

Thx a lot mate… lol … will report laters

is there already a solution for the mirrored liveries of the B747 of the Megapack.
I just installed Version 8 and still the same problem.

I don’t know how it can be fixed without re-doing the UV mapping on the aircraft model.
Hopfully they will fix it soon, the longer asobo wait to fix the bad UVing on the aircraft models, the more curren’t custom liveries they will break in the process.

Fantastic! Thanks so much. :slight_smile:

thanks @Emty017832 but if it’s up to asobo why isn’t the standard version mirrored? It’s only with the 747, all other liveries are perfect

1 Like

The standard version isn’t mirrored because the graphics actually have their own geometry that is separate from the fuselage. I dont know why asobo did it this way, It’s not a very smart thing to do when you know people will want to paint custom liveries.
I work in 3D, and have used that kind of workflow before when i’m in a rush, and don’t need good UV’s outside of the graphic i’m placing.

Many of the other aircraft do have similar problems, but mostly only on certain LODs.
The Dr400 is a good example. Any graphics placed on the wings, will reverse as you zoom the camera out and then mirror the right wing when zoomed out further.
I can understand why different LOD’s might use different UV maps for perfomance reasons on game models, but In a flight sim where customisation is important, it’s not a smart decision IMO

Isuspect that the state of the UV mapping is the real reason the aviators club liveries havn’t been released yet.

I actually do not believe asobo modeled the aircraft :wink: I think they received a CAD file from the manufacture and made the file lighter (Data-prep)

For anyone who has downloaded my playable traffic liveries pack, I have released an update tonight. The changes are as follows:

I have corrected a missing texture issue on the TBM liveries, updated all packages to use the newly discovered method of adding liveries without replacing any files, and added the traffic liveries from the G1000 version of the 172 to the analog version as well.

Small note with the classic 172. Currently I change the tail color by hex editing the model itself. The highest LOD variant of the classic 172’s exterior model is encrypted and not available to use. Asobo have also not yet implemented a fix for the atc_id_color field in aircraft.cfg, so it is impossible to use this to set color at this time. As such, I have simply re-used the exterior model from the G1000 version of the 172 for the classic version of the plane, with traffic liveries 1 and 3. The lower detail LOD versions of the model do show some subtle differences, however I have checked very closely for any issues and have not spotted any. I also did not spot any differences between the two versions of the model, so I am unsure what the differences in the file actually represent. If you notice any issues with these two liveries specifically on the classic 172, it’s probably caused by this. I will release an updated version which does not rely on model edits once Asobo fixes atc_id_color.

Obviously you will want to delete the old packages before installing the new ones. Download link is the same as before, revisit the below link to download:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhuMaF-FsKU-jg7Hgu4-FrYi2qBB?e=E3LuZ5

The current Thai Smile livery is not correct.

Please fix it for reference.

For the new logo (orange) is optional.

Thank you.
@tomlaut1980

Note: Please add Thai Airways 787. (Current have 787-8 and 787-9.)

Hi @satbir145,

Thank you. Using the white one now and it looks great. (even though I’m an Aussie)

Do the people making the megapack read this?
Please, do some quality control. No liveries with baked-in registration numbers should be in the megapack. That’s just a casual mistake. And liveries should at least look sharp, the Médecins Sans Frontières livery for the Grand Caravan is very low resolution.

Please please please don’t ruin the pack.

Not sure exactly what you mean by ‘baked-in’- im assuming this is when the registration is part of the fuselage texture

Cant speak for others, but I definitely have baked-in registration numbers on my Air New Zealand liveries. Problem is to achieve accuracy with sizing and placement etc, there isnt much flexibility in using the system generated one, so rather than having a generic one (often wrong color and oversized) sticking out like a sore thumb, some painters choose to go for the realistic look and bake it in.

Not sure exactly what you mean by baked-in

Lazy livery export without deleting the registration number on the plane, leading to double registration ingame (or worse, mismatched registration if you hide the tail number ingame for cosmetic purposes)

It’s an easy fix when making a livery most of the times

1 Like

oh right, yes I absolutely agree, that in-game registration needs to be removed before publishing a livery.

Haha Thanks man :blush: glad you’re enjoying it. I’m working on the Qantas 'Yam dreaming" 787 at the moment, should be ready soon, think you might like that even more :smile:

There is a new way that you can have multiple 787 liveries at once. Here is the link to my two Air New Zealand ones, just need to drop the two folders into your community folder.

(no need to replace the default livery each time you want to switch)

10 Likes

Made this for myself for reference but figured others might find it useful too.

TBM9 UVmap template.

3 Likes

Hi,

Thanks a lot, noticed some UV-mapping is missing, like the main-door and items in the right corner?

Any way to make the show?

Thx,

Marcel