Livery Discussion | Discuss Liveries Here!

@Grinde81 hey mate, can you possibly put up an updated version of the 747-8i UV Map? seems the game changed the ones that were available before.

Thanks

I gave it a try and managed to salvage some parts
 But I got very confessed with what they did to the main fuselage textures, cramming what looks like 4 separate textures all together into a single texture, giving us a very low pixel per cm / inch for the main fuselage unless working with 8k or even bigger
 And still the mirrored sides, why not just unwrap both side if you’re going to remake the UV’s anyways
 :man_shrugging:

747-8-I-AIRFRAME-FUSELAGE-ALBD

747-8-I-AIRFRAME-WING-ALBD

747-8-I-AIRFRAME-ENGINEBODY-ALBD

747-8-I-AIRFRAME-ENGINEPART-ALBD

747-8-I-AIRFRAME-LIVERY-ALBD

1 Like

Thank you much, hope now that these can help me and others show
some love to the mighty 747 :slight_smile:

Found a great livery for Cessna Caravan

1 Like

Quick question for those more advanced livery painters, what is the file name for the winglet file for the A320 and 787? Thanks!

I think the winglet is part of the wing texture itself

A320NEO_AIRFRAME_LIVERY_ALBD.PNG.DDS

To be extra nerdy, the 787 have raked wingtips, not winglets.
For the 787, those can be edited in the following file:
787_10_AIRFRAME_WINGS_ALBD.PNG.DDS

I put together a UV map for the 787 and highlighted the wingtips in yellow:

The A320 winglet decal(Highres) is in the following file:
A320NEO_AIRFRAME_LIVERY_ALBD.PNG.DDS

A320 , winglets in yellow:

Hope this helps!

Thanks! Also is it possible to make a 787 cargo livery without windows?

Thanks so much!!

New Fictional Jet-Lag Airlines available!

Download Link Here

This can be used for charter flights, a private airline, or your very own fictional airline! Hope you guys like it!

1 Like

Do we have a thread where potential problems between liveries and the original aircrafts are documentated? Did not find anything and I do have the impression that the MegaPack V12 livery causes the “rudder issue” in my game. Playing the original 747 or 320 I do not have any issues, as soon as I play the Lufthansa version, rudder drops to the left ( 747 ) or to the right ( 320 neo ) making it impossible to follow a path via AP and the plan crashed.

I am currently working on a custom livery for the TBM930 and cannot for the life of me find out where the colors are located in the texture file for these six vents under the engine 
 any experienced TBM painters for the 930, your suggestions would be very helpful! TIA. (Normally, of course, they are painted by the default decals, which I am not using.)

W.I.P Aerosoft CRJ 

Scandinavian Airlines operates the -900, so I’ll do “fictional” these for the -700 until the -900/-1000 expansion drops.

2 Likes

More W.I.P

1 Like

I know that if I fly a plane that another user doesn’t own, they see a generic plane, not exact plane that I’m flying.

Does the same thing apply to Liveries? So if I have a custom Livery I made and no one else has it, will they see my actual custom Livery or a generic one?

Depends on your setting and their setting. If their setting is set to use generic for multiplayer aircraft, they will see generic.

1 Like

How can I get the door outlines to show on the A320 paint kit?

Hi, do you mean show in the sim, or where in the texture they are
?
What paint kit are you using?

The door outlines uv’s are located in both the livery decal texture and in the fuselage texture:

1 Like

In the sim. I made a livery, had the outlines, I don’t know what changes I made but I lost them. I would post screenshot but I’m on my phone.

I’m sure it’s in here somewhere. 4k, 8k, 10k liveries. What’s the difference and any impact on performance?