Loading page freezes when starting flight

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Dear all, I used FS2020 for 1 year without issues. Now, after 1 month (in December it was working fine), I wanted to fly again and the loading page freezes when I start a flight (see picture). No matter if free flight or training. It gets stuck in the last 80% section.

I renamed the Community Folder and created an empty one, deleted the Rollingcache.ccc, started in safe mode, logged off an on in all X-Box accounts, verified the files in steam, updated drivers, disconnected devices and searched in forums for 3 days. Still I did not find any side which offers me more ideas how to find the error. Do I just need to wait for an update or is there anybody who has found a solution for this?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
AMD 3900, Asus 3080
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

At any point did you install the Google Map replacement addon?

Dear TheSevenflyer,

indeed I once installed that mode. Since FS2020 was still working afterwards and the program is started separately I did not give it any attention.
Still I wouldn´t hesitate to uninstall it. Is there any special way to remove it or how would you proceed?
I did not find any “uninstall” method in the Google maps addon folder.

Since it doesn’t have an uninstaller, I believe you can download the latest version which has an uninstaller, and after installing it, you can just uninstall it, that should remove all traces.

This is a link from an earlier article which shows what to do if you aren’t comfortable with the above.
This is the original removal procedure.

I deleted everything, also checked the host file… no difference. FSRealistic and FSUIPC are also starting with the game. If I delete both from the FS2020 folder, at least FSUIPC does not start… but this is also only guessing that it may have something to do with it.

Isn´t there any program that can log at which process FS2020 gets stuck?

No, but here is the official checklist for the issue.

Thank you so much :+1:
But I also checked this page two days ago…

I doubt if its FSUIPC, I have it and use it to start the sim, never had an issue.
I would use the uninstaller for FSRealistic and remove that first.

Okay, at least I updated FSRealistic, FSUIPC and FS2Crew to the latest version. No change… the ■■■■ FS still gets stuck at 75-80% when starting a flight…

Try this: When you are on the welcome screen, go into the general options, data, and delete your rolling cache.
If that doesn’t do it, I would uninstall all three of the above addons and have nothing in the community folder while troubleshooting the issue.
Leave them out until the issue is solved.

Okay, now I uninstalled ALL Addons, replaced the Community Folder, uninstalled and re-installed the game… same result… How basic can a game become and still gets stuck while loading?

Deleted rolling cache?

Yes :neutral_face: I also did this…

Ok, here’s one that helped a poster with a slightly different issue with a Steam setup, but the solution may help you.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/warning-notice-screen-on-start-up-remains/493942/11?u=thesevenflyer

I am not sure if I understand: Here the update was not installed in the correct folder? I have the sim in steam/common/MicrosoftFlightSimulator and the update path is g:\Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 by default… There it installs the Community, Official etc. folder. AFAIK it has always been like this…

I will make a plain installation and point the update also to the folder steam/common etc. … if you mean this

Okay, also after a complete new installation with pointing the 23GB updates to

G:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator

the result is the same… The loading screen gets frozen when starting a flight at 80%
At least the version is 1.22.2 now…

sometiome uninstalling not remove all files… you have to check folder %AppData%\Mic…2020 for files which are left. As example also ROLLING…cache lies there…

And comes the question already on top about google-add-on ?.. If you have ( or had ) it, remove windows “hosts” file and restart pc.

Did you solve this issue? I have the exakt same problem. Loading flight freez at same spot as yours.

try to delete the content of the Folder “C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes” All those files are built up new with the next start.

Dear all, I did all of the above and: NOW IT STARTS AGAIN!!! Thank you so much!

Still I had to state that the folder “SceneryIndexes” was in the path “C:\User\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator” instead the above mentioned, and the Rolling Cache I deleted some times before, but apparently I helped. I also removed ALL files named “hosts” in the named folder, not only the one I could open with the editor… anyway. Some of the above advices did the trick.

I am so thankful and I really admire your efforts, skills and tipps to help people like me. You are really experts!

1 Like