Loading Takes Forever after Clicking "FLY"

My MSFS is a clean installation, without any mod/3rd party content.

After setting up my flight and click the “FLY” button, I entered the loading screen, where the first 2/3 of the blue bar loaded fairly quickly, but the last 1/3 took forever.

I turned off the online functionality from the settings and tried to load the same flight, the game loaded just fine. So I suspect the issue is related to downloading online scenery.

Once I turned the online functionality back on, and monitor the download speed in NetLimiter, the download speed during the loading screen turned out to be rediculously slow, at around 30KB/s. However, when I was installing the game and downloading the base packages, my download speed could reach around 30Mbps (which is still quite slow IMO but still faster than downloading the scenery).

I tried all the solutions in https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015761760-Slow-download-speed, none of them worked for me, including:

• Disable autotunning level
  • Disable IPv6
  • Use NetLimiter

I also ran speed test on my PC. I’m in Canada and my ISP is Bell, my internet bandwidth is 1.5Gbps and I constantly get like 300Mbps in the speed test (which is why I think my download speed at 30Mbps was still very slow), so I don’t really think my ISP was the cause.

I’ve submitted a request on Zendesk, request number is #96140.

My PC specs shouldn’t be an issue:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
NVIDIA RTX3080
16GB RAM
Game is installed on 1TB SSD (SATA)

I could really need some help improving my loading speed. Now I’m unable to load the game normally due to this issue. Thanks.

MSFS servers sometime degrade (or go down), try again if that was the case?

disable dev mode :wink:

Nah that didn’t work, but thanks

one potential solution I can think of is to edit the host for the server I download the scenery from, but unfortunately I can’t find any useful info after googling… :confused:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/the-game-is-stuck-on-the-loading-interface/366525
Try this article

Non Unicode User Name in Windows?

1 Like

Man you hit it right on the nail - changing the non-unicode app language to English, my download issue is resolved. Thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

I do have non-unicode username, but @CSC8011’s solution worked for me

Very happy to here that. I was quite puzzled when I saw your post, out of all my sims, MSFS is BY FAR THE QUICKEST to load a flight. I suspect some of that is internet dependant but its nice to be able to fly at different locations and have the sim load the flight pretty quickly.

So was I, totally didn’t expect that the issue was caused by a unicode setting :joy:

1 Like