Local Legend IX: Latécoère Model 631

Yeah I know, I got a thread where I listed a ton of them :wink:

1 Like

Yeah all the generators are on for me, both on the clipboad and on the back panel. It most likely is something I did wrong like pressing a wrong switch here or there. I did pause the flight for a while as I had to go babysit some kittens for a bit so maybe pausing caused issues? I used ‘set pause’ instead of ‘active pause’ though.

So I tried the old turn everything off and back on again routine, basically just switched everything vaguely electrical looking off and then switched the generators back on and I noticed the Main Bus Voltage gauge increasing and after a while things started working again so huzzah!

Edit: actually things stopped working again, lol. Maybe I turned on the lights and modern avionics a bit too early. My artifical horizon is now borked. I’ve managed to make a right pig’s ear of this. Oh well at least I’m still flying and I can see Southampton so I can land there.

I’m flyng to the england since now almost 1h, everything is good on my side, voltage or current is good. I also ask a friend to fly with so let’s see.
We have an electrical system debug window to see how it’s going with the generators and batteries… If everything is set to on it’s impossible for it to discharge during a flight.

1 Like

Probably is just user error. After I land I’ll restart the sim and start a new flight and see what happens.

Are you following all the steps on before/start/after start on the in sim check list when test flying?

EDIT if I just start in air ELECTRICAL CONNECTION = ON (RELAIS MARCHE)

But in the starting engine check list. It has you turn off after shutting off APU and it’s x3 Gen’s.

1 Like

I haven’t fired the engines up yet, but I just keep finding stuff that’s blowing my mind. Docks, tug boat, buoys, a map that actually shows my location, and really beautiful modeling & textures throughout. I’ve got a little work to do learning & setting up the Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, but so far it has me sitting here with a big smile on my face. What a piece of work!

6 Likes

According to LNM this mighty little tug tows you along at 5 knots at full speed.

It’s currently towing me down to Calshot. I might have landed quite far up the Solent and shut everything down a bit too early so it’ll be a bit of a slow pleasure cruise.

Hah, someone just landed in the Spruce Goose

5 Likes

Maybe you can record your next flight?

Anybody know the secret to mapping all 6 throttles, props & mixture? Using Honeycomb Bravo here. I didn’t see any mention of it in the manual.

The dev posted up thread that while all 6 engines are properly simulated and you can control them individually with moving levers with the mouse, Asobo hasn’t actually made it so you can map more than 4 separate engine controls. Maybe it can be done in Axis and Ohs or Spad Next or whatever?

Or mount them under the desk. :wink:

@Megadyptes7635 I’m flying for more than 2 hours now, and i also see some streamers flying for a while now too, i really think that you set an input for the generators or something because i see no discharge on the electrical system dev panel…

I definitely don’t have any generator switch or anything else bound on my controllers as I went looking to double check, I did have a starter switch bound a few months back but that’s been unbound for a while now. It probably is user error, I mean before I started my first flight I was poking around every nook and cranny and switching things on and off, might’ve accidentally left something off or maybe I did something weird and convulted that screwed something up which’ll never happen again? Either way thanks for testing it out. I’m about to start another flight so we’ll see if it happens again.

I’m afraid it actually is more of a ‘get a bigger desk’ scenario for me as mine is really tiny and half of it is taken up with drawers with nowhere to mount anything below. I don’t even have room for my Thrustmaster Warthog throttle on the desk and it sits atop my PC tower which is next to my desk. It’s actually a pretty convenient height though so I don’t mind that too much although it does kinda block one of the heat vents :eyes: I’m thinking about ordering two of those cheapo Logitech/Saitek quadrants for six levers. Should be able to fit those where the Warthog throttle currently is.

Consol with only a pad + mouse, nothing mapped for generators. Though, just restarted console (restarted sim after installing) and flew from lake Como to Venice and battery kept charged and amps acted cas they should do…

1 Like

The tug is a wonderful idea. I hope other flying boats can take advantage of it too.

5 Likes

With every thing electrical on and no engines or APU, what is the total Volt/Amp Hr draw ?

Beautiful job, @BlueMesh3192! And what a bargain, especially for Premium Deluxe owners!

12 Likes

Another banger of a Local Legend. BlueMesh did an amazing job, as per usual; defs would recommend to anyone who enjoys these vintage flying :b:otes

If you’re worried about lack of water runways, this add-on has you covered. You can start cold and dark on a runway/parked and use the undercarriage to tow yourself to the water. From there, the tugboat can get you lined up for take-off. From my huge sample size of one (1) flight, it works like a charm \o/

4 Likes

Still shots don’t capture it that well, but the engine startup is really well done, with smoke and flame effects during startup. That’s one of the few areas where MSFS in general hasn’t caught up with earlier sims, but obviously talented designers like Bluemesh can still make it happon!

9 Likes