Local Legend VII: Cessna 195 Businessliner

Cockpit visibility in this aircraft is a pretty unique experience. Obviously there is the issue of the big radial in front, blocking your view on approach and on the ground, but another thing is that whereas in most aircraft with this configuration the wing is basically the cabin roof, on the 195 the wing is basically level with the pilot’s head and the cabin roof is partially glazed, it’s like looking up through a car sunroof. But if you just look directly left or right you’ll see wing root. You have a view to either side and slightly down but if someone were flying formation just to either side of you, you wouldn’t be able to see them and you can’t see the underside of the wing like you can in most high-wing aircraft. On the other hand, the side windows stretch pretty far back so keeping the field in sight during a traffic pattern is easier than in some “fastback” aircraft of this vintage.

1 Like

bless your heart…

1 Like

Did a quick flight from Victoria to Vancouver on my lunch hour so I could make this plane a bit Canadian. :slight_smile: It’s nicely done, as you’d expect from Carenado, but given that it was moved the Canadian Local Legend status, it would be nice to see two egregious omissions addressed in a future update:

1. No float version! Yes, updates don’t usually add all-new features on these, but c’mon, it’s Canada. We need floats to get to a lot of the people here!

2. Um, not even a single Canadian livery? C’mon, that shoulda been a given. So many attractive options…

That said, though, it’s a beautiful interpretation of the classic, and flies well. Nice plane for $15!

3 Likes

Carenado seems allergic to the idea of putting floats on any of their MSFS releases, despite making a lot of aircraft where floatplane versions seem like they would be highly appropriate. Maybe they reviewed the sorry state of the water physics when the sim launched and just decided not to bother, I wouldn’t entirely blame them.

2 Likes

That’s a fresh air vent.

1 Like

I agree that it handles well but, to me, it seems a bit underpowered.

2 failed purchases of Cessna 195 on marketplace, but credit card has been charged twice, this really sucks.
Dont quite know what to do now. I have Steam MSFS.
Will do some forum searching, but suspect I have just lost $42 NZ.

1 Like

File a Zendesk bug report… I had trouble with every purchase for a few months earlier this year (seems cleared up for me now) and while the support isn’t speedy, they did resolve the issues for me.

2 Likes

I do not buy much off Marketplace, and 1st time this has happened.
Not looking forward to using Zendesk, another 1st for me.
Safe flights.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a bummer :frowning:

But I will say this, I’ve also had several issues in the past and like another poster said, they’re not super quick, but they have always resolved them, without any fuss.

1 Like

Restarting the sim fixed it for me after one failed attempt.

I got to fly a 195 a few years ago. Amazing machine.

I wish i had bought it (in real life) when the opportunity (almost) came up!

1 Like

Finally I managed to buy and download it :tada: :partying_face:

Where the is the manual?
Why is it so hard for MS/Asobo to include a manual to their planes?

3 Likes

A little first look at the wonderful Cessna 195 and world update XI! Brief overview, history, takeoff, cruise, approach, and landing. All into one of the new bespoke airports of Castlegar.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

It’s a real shame they didn’t include a floats variant. I know MSFS water physics kinda suck but I still enjoy a good float plane or flying boat anyway and the floats version of the 195 is quite the looker I must say.

16 Likes

That Constellation-esque tail is so snazzy.

6 Likes

It’s a looker anyway, and the floats just enhance it, especially in the polished aluminium (aluminum for you inhabitants of the far west)

1 Like

Beautiful aircraft!

You mean the Colonies, I presume :smile:

2 Likes

This is a wonderful ride! The radial engine is lovely! I spend most of my flight time in the Waco Y-MF5. I am very happy with this addition to my fleet.

1 Like