Local Legend XI: Aero Vodochody Ae-45 and Ae-145

Having tested the 45 at a grass strip frames dropped, at a paved strip everything is fine, this is also the exact same with the 145 :frowning:

1 Like

I see them now. Thank you! :magic_wand:

1 Like

I’ll share a link to the bug once I create it so you can add on to it/confirm it. Hopefully it can get addressed quickly. I love a good grass strip but it’ll be paved only for this one until that can get a patch.

I am doing some testing first with 100% of my addons removed just in case it’s a weird conflict with something else that we both have installed.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks for the assistance with this issue :slight_smile: let’s get this fixed quickly

Apart from this issue she is a great little plane

2 Likes

Agree, I tried both 45 & 145 and it is almost unplayable on grass runways. On asphalt runway no fps issues.

It’s sounding like this is a pretty universal issue. I confirmed it happens with all addons removed (completely renamed my community folder and did not load any utilities such as FSRealistic to confirm.)

Bug is here:

2 Likes

Sounds are fine in these planes, I wonder if they are recorded Aero sounds or from some other aircraft, it would be remarkable if these are the original sounds as these are rare birds.

The graphics are probably the worst I’ve seen in an Asobo / Official plane, they seem to be take directly from FSX, really low resolution and very poor texturing.

Flight model seems fine, I would give it a solid 6 if the sounds are original for the great effort and a not so solid 3 if the sounds are taken from some other plane plus the bad graphics.

And just in case it helps getting it fixed the default quickviews left and right from cockpit are inverted. Or maybe the dev uses upside down controls, who knows

2 Likes

Has anyone tried it in VR yet? It looks like it might be fun for sightseeing

Youtuber Jonathon Beckett also experiences massive frame drops bugs towards end of his latest video with this addon while on the grass. I’m definitely holding back considering buying until this is patched

2 Likes

I would be very cautious with this developer. They don’t like negative feedback on their models (deemed to be “rivet counting” and unproductive), and trying to get any sort of fixes out of them is like pulling teeth, at least historically speaking.

Aeroplane Heaven used to be good, but I believe they realized that they can expend a lower effort on quality due to higher sales through the marketplace.

The outside doesn’t look bad on this, but the inside is just as cartoony and overblown as their other releases, and that won’t change.

Sounds like their testing regimen simply “wasn’t” again either. Maybe just their friends and fans who say everything is great.

On to the next Local Legend, hopefully from a dev with an eye for detail.

10 Likes

I just think it’s a shame that so many of these classic aircraft are made by a developer who does not seem to want to be doing it at a quality the airplanes deserve. I have only tried their DC-3 and Ford Tri Motor but both of them leave much to be desired.
I’d like to point out that there are proper freeware add-ons with more love and attention than what AH is bringing to the table and I wished MS/Asobo had put a higher quality standard for all their FF and LLs.

7 Likes

I watched the trailer and realized they recorded a segment taxing on grass. There doesn’t seem to be any issue with dirt but is it different from an unpaved rwy?

Oddly enough, I think it comes down to the speed of the taxi. I first experienced it while landing on a grass strip. Instant huge frame loss. I then set about to recreate it and at first I could not. It wasn’t until I hit some unknown speed that the performance loss happens. A slow taxi it seems might not trigger the effect or whatever it is that causes the bug. Takeoff and landing will definitely do it though.

Is anyone having he issue with gear not folding? I cannot retract it in air no matter what I do. Gear switch keeps coming back to down position.
Ps. and I also have that low fps grass bug. It doesn’t even require grass airstrip. I was on pavement on Prague airport and the moment I took a “detour” to grassy patch along the runway, it dropped to 7 fps.

1 Like

No gear issue here. However, it’s super easy to hit the emergency gear lever which is within pixels of the cowl flaps click spots. I’ve done that once.

We can expect better looking textures by knowing that there are a lot of MSFS aircraft out there, including almost all of the default MSFS aircraft that look much better than that.

There is something very cartoony about the cockpit of this aircraft (where I would spend 90 percent of my time, except for making screenshots)

If you don’t see it, that’s great! Enjoy! Unfortunately I do see it and it makes me sad that AH seems to have a long term contract with MS with “much more to come”. So more famous flyers and local legend will get the FSX treatment with bad textures, terrible sound and tons of avoidable bugs that is way below what MSFS set as a standard with its very own aircraft.

I really really wish Microsoft/Asobo would start to realise what they are doing and pump the brakes on that partnership. Or they need to hold them to higher standards, which will be impossible when AH needs to keep pumping out a new aircraft every two weeks, as they did these days.

As for flying? Well, that’s where the AH typical bugs and shortcuts come in that ruin that part. I did two flights with both the Tri-Motor and the Stratoliner and that was enough for me. I will not support low conveyor belt quality with my money anymore, when I know that there are developers out there who would be much more deserving of having their work featured as official releases for MSFS.

12 Likes

So, I watched the Developer Video of July 21 where AH showcased the aircraft at 10:25. That was a landing on a grass rwy and it seemed pretty nice. I have no idea what might be causing the issue though.

1 Like

The labels in the cockpit are not correct (wrong spelling).

I wonder what kind of underlying materials they were working with?

It’s easy for us to say Microsoft/Asobo should have higher standards, but at the end of the day, they’re stacking cash on these add-ons.

So glad someone made this. I was going to do it, I wanted one so bad. Very well done. I need to figure out this prop computer, prop pitch management system it has. It will be fun to put some hours in this girl. I just flew it tonight around Bosnia. (What a beautiful land).

I wonder if they will offer a paint kit for this that will be 3D shells that we could put into Substance Painter. It would be cool to put some neat weathered textures on these ole beauties.

Excellent choice of plane, Team Asobo!!! Great work on the city of Bosnia as well.

Bill of the gray eyebrow people
 LHC

4 Likes