Local Legend XI: Aero Vodochody Ae-45 and Ae-145

@TheOccPilotGB As Jorg pointed out, there’s a ton of people taking vacation right now.
There are a couple periods during the year where pretty much all communication (and work) stops at MicroSobo, now and around the end of the year.

2 Likes

Also, with contract work like this, it’s up to MS to respond. Even if Aeroplane Heaven is well at work on a fix or has already delivered it into the Marketplace approval quicksand, it’s almost certain that they’re contractually obligated not to comment. This is Microsoft’s product, they’re just contracted developers.

2 Likes

But, if AH’s response was accurate clearly something was being done in the background. It wouldn’t take an entire team just update the bug report would it?

It’s good customer service to keep people informed. Rightly so as Editer has said Microsobo need to be the ones to respond.

I read a lot of comments prior to posting throwing bad comments back at AH but so far they have been the most responsive developer I have contacted. Funny how some are so quick to stand up for Mircrosobo though.

Hello @TheOccPilotGB,

Whenever we publish a new update to any of our Local Legends, Famous Flyers, or Expert Series planes, we also post the changelog on these forums.

For a few examples, here are the latest patch notes for the ATR, Latécoère 631, and Ford 4-AT Trimotor

Thanks,
MSFS Team

So we have to rely on an external resource for updates? What’s the point of the version history in the sim marketplace then?

Isn’t the point of the marketplace to have all info in one so we can make an informed purchase? PC users can have the forum on a 2nd screen whilst browsing the marketplace but what about XBOX players?

Thank you for advising of the updates but it proves the inconsistency. The marketplace version history for the Latecoere 631 roughly match with that in the forum post but for the trimotor it has “No Version History Yet”. How did that get through the review process?

Please take the comments as a means to help Asobo improve the sim for everyone, I for one just want to know the most recent status directly in the sim marketplace before I hit the buy button. If this was consistently updated, it would be quite easy to spot abandonware… Not a big ask is it?

EDIT: Confirmed that updates are shown for products even those not yet purchased so that’s something. Guess I/we need to just keep checking the sim for that prompt and hope the version history gets updated with something saying this bug has been fixed.

Back on topic, any word on when the bug fix on the Aero will be made public assuming AH gave me the correct answer?

1 Like

This is a Microsoft product. I think it was nice for AH to say something about it, and probably smart, too. But, you’re looking for a response from Microsoft. As I noted, when people go on vacation, tasks slow to a crawl. As I’m sure you are aware, Microsoft is a huge company with procedures that are to be followed, reviewing of communications by the Marketing department and so on and so on.

I realize you would like to have instant gratification. When dealing with a machine like Microsoft, that isn’t really possible as this is not their only product, and not the only plane they are dealing with and so on and so on. So, if you can be patient, I’m sure the issue will be addressed eventually.

To be clear, I have no link to Microsoft, and am not speaking for them. I’m just describing the reality.

Personally, I have a lot more on my plate than this one plane, in MSFS and the rest of my life. I’m happy to let Microsoft respond when they respond. I have plenty of other things to do.

Totally agreed, if one plane is not working, I fly another. I will wait for them to deal with their products. And if MSFS is not connecting to the server, I’d just fallback to another sim :rofl:

Your more tolerant of corporate greed than me then. Just to be clear I wouldn’t be this outspoken about this if Microsobo had a more fair refund policy, or possibly the ability to trial aircraft (like ED allow for DCS modules).

I can only assume that Microsobo is afraid of that approach given some of the market they are dealing with probably have a short attention span so being able to trial an aircraft for even just 7 days and then move onto another would involve a lot of lost revenue for them and the developers.

The trailer clearly shows (approx 0:37) the Aero taxiing over on an unpaved surface so why was this bug not detected in testing during the production of the trailer and before release (maybe they didn’t go fast enough)? We are not talking about an intricate, edge case issue.

Everyone I have seen do a review has hit this issue on unpaved surfaces. So the argument could be made that this is false advertising (as the sim is not playable after that event) and a refund should be allowed to be issued for anyone that has purchased it until it’s resolved.

As stated previously software bugs are part of technology life but the communication could be improved. We are all still in a state of limbo after 2 weeks, just need to get Asobo to confirm the bug on the report and that will be at least a step forward.

1 Like

I’m sorry, if this is an example of “corporate greed”, we live in a very, very, sad, sad world. :rofl: :rofl:

This specific bug…as long as it’s fixed. No

The way the marketplace is run…yes.

I purchased MSFS through Steam but as far as I know I can’t take advantage of Steams refund policy if I were to purchase the plane without knowing of the bug beforehand but found it during initial playthrough:
“DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred.”
Steam Refunds (steampowered.com)

Compare this to the policy for MSFS
“CAN I REQUEST A REFUND FOR CONTENT I REGRET PURCHASING?
You can’t request a refund. Marketplace purchases are not refundable unless the DLC was removed from the Marketplace at the creator’s request. If your addon was removed from Xbox, contact our support, otherwise, contact the developer of the addon.”
How to request a refund – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

If I had a bit more spare coin lying around, I may even consider putting Steam to the test.
(EDIT: You can’t as you only add credit to steam therefore not possible to request a specific DLC refund. Well played Microsobo…I rest my case)

When you make a day 1 purchase of a product before reading any reviews, don’t you bear some responsibility? You could have waited a day. Or in this case, you could have waited an hour, as the grass FPS bug was reported here almost immediately after the plane was released. The return policy isn’t new. It’s well known and well documented.

For the record, I agree that the issue absolutely needs to be fixed, and the sooner the better.

6 Likes

Luckily I didn’t but others weren’t as fortunate. Consider this a test of the Microsobo processes and quality of communication. AH from what I’ve been told have done what they can but everything else is in the hands of the big player at the mo.

Hello everyone,

We have just released an update to the Ae-45 and Ae-145. You can download the new version from Content Manager. Please see below for the release notes.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

• When turned on, the alternator will now charge the battery.
  • Czech Republic flag is now oriented correctly on the Ae-45.
  • Fixed some issues with checklists when completing them using Evaluation mode or Autocomplete.
5 Likes

All I want to know is if a can land on grass now :joy:

6 Likes

Thank you for the info on update. Btw. What about grass FPS degradation, which is probably the most important issue here to be addressed? Not mentioned in your release notes at all.

Thanks

EDIT: Quickly checked by myself to spare some time of other people. Both Ae-45 and Ae-145 at LOWZ, both runways, also other grass and hard surfaces. No observable FPS drop on the grass (compared to hard surface), at least on my system. Btw. Can confirm that Czech flag is now OK. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Glad to hear the FPS issue is resolved.

2 Likes

I reported wrong labels in the cockpit for Ae-45:

Feel free to contribute.

3 Likes

Thanks for this update. When will the manual for the Ae-45 and Ae-145 be added to the Aircraft Manuals page?

4 Likes

Thanks for checking the FPS problem. I have flown this plane exactly once shortly after release due to the FPS issue. I found the plane decently good-but-not great, as expected for the price and product line, but she seemed to work well enough and fly OK, and I do like the shape of the thing. HOWEVER, upon taxing to the ramp after landing, the FPS started dropping until it was like maybe 5 per minute. In the long intervals between, neither the game nor even my system would accept any inputs nor even spool them. The mouse was useless, the whole screen was a smear caused by interrupted TrackIR inputs, and it took me like 10 minutes just to be able to 3-finger out of the game.

Thus, I’ve never touched the plane since. But with your recommendation, I’ll now give her another go. I do like the overall looks, even if she’s way slower than she looks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you able to confirm that you’ve not had any repeat of the FPS drop issue since the update?

Seems we’re relying on the community to test this as Asobo/devs don’t want to mention it on here. Happy to remove this adlib comment once I see it mentioned in the version history as fixed.

1 Like