LOD problems - Trees & Water

So that you can ■■■■■■■■■■ here falsely painting the issue as general when it’s factually localized and doesn’t happen to everyone?

Feedback proving that an issue does NOT happen to all users is as useful to the developers as feedback stating that an issue exists.

For most people this will be the solution.

Hey dude calm down. You having a bad day or something?

The downgraded visuals are facts ,boy. That is universal. The other stuff, with AZURE data is not being streamed down, is a different thing, still widespread, but not affecting all.

1 Like

I already proved above that you’re factually wrong. Many other users are saying the same.

PS: calling people “boy” just makes you sound insecure. I suggest keeping that trick for the Call of Duty forums, because I guarantee that here it just elicits pity.

4 Likes

Sorry, what and where did you prove actually ? Check for yourself. The scenery loading distance and quality/complexity changed for all. Very easy to see. The price we pay for smoother gameplay…

4 Likes

We’ve posted plenty of screenshots and videos. Someone above also posted a side by side comparison that shows absolutely identical vsuals. I’ll repost it here for your convenience.

I’m flying around the world which means that before and after the patch I was literally at the same airport. The only visible change in visuals was the annoyingly choppy glass cockpit, which I fixed by setting it back to high because it bothered me.

2 Likes

So watch it again, check the water, check the complexity of the scenery at distance…

7 Likes

@Abriael You have posted 12 times, and made it clear that you don’t have the issue. I don’t think you need to keep telling the devs you don’t have the issue.

As for this issue, some are having the issue. And some of those people are here to vent, and not feel like they are the only one. I don’t think it helps when you imply that they aren’t having issues. And if you are so worried that someone might think everyone has the issue, why? Who does it hurt? The devs? You will spend every waking minute trying to fix peoples misconceptions, and still fail. If people want to know, they will read the thread.

Just let people vent, and talk about the issue that you aren’t having.

2 Likes

It’s literally the same. You’re literally convincing yourself that you’re right when you indeed are not.

There’s feedback, and there’s being confrontational and plain aggressive toward the developers. You may think it’s acceptable, but I do not. End of the story.

1 Like

???Can you see the water visuals??? Right on the screenshot. Can you see the trees missing from the hilltop on the right panel ?
We are talking about what gets loaded compared to before the patch. I can set my water visuals to ultra and can not get those waves anymore,that you can see on the left. Just one of those things,that got downgraded …

3 Likes

That’s simply different wind conditions. Waves depend on the wind. The wind has been changed, not the visuals of the waves.

That resonates with what I’m seeing. The plane on the right is opaque. It seems they removed a layer of effects. They lost that vibrant texture that made them feel alive.

The difference from before and after is clear in my rig.

1 Like

So why did the water in the balkan bush flight changed from wrimply waves to a mirror ? …

wind is EXACTLY the same because its fixed in the bush flight

3 Likes

watch it again, all conditions are the same, even the clouds are the same(flying conditions) …

2 Likes

Well I am running on a custom high setting and cant say I notice a difference so I cant really add to that conversation.

But if they really did, its because so many people with un ideal rigs complained about issues that they dumbed it down for the masses. which is shame. Seen it happen with other games. That being said with the graphics being dependent on the internet it seems any number of reasons could cause this… I hope its just a temporary thing and everyone is happy.

1 Like

Popping that you are showing was all there for me, it looked quite bad from start at high settings. Some were suggesting increasing fov in config for better experience etc. I don’t know if people making this a thing now because we got just better performance with the patch. Honestly I haven’t see a difference in my game.

We all hope this is just a glitch with the servers, but don`t forget,the update was beefy as hell, not just couple of fixes here and there… and you said yourself,dumbing down for the sake of the masses, or rather for an easy fix for better fps,happened before… ;-(

Update size is not indicative of amount of changes. Case in point, call of duty.

…i would not know… never played COD, last FPS for me was BF3 since then it`s all downhill…(fps)

1 Like