LOD problems - Trees & Water

the top one looks way better

1 Like

look at 0:44 water and reflections nice a crisp and alive on old patch on new patch flat and no detail .

3 Likes

not the same the left looks amazing compared to the right
Take off from cyjq from rnwy 11 and u will see how bad it looks super flat specially the mountains building up scenery slowly and water flat

The next update, 24 September ??

1 Like

Love the power of the internet.

The main thing I’m noticing is how bad the roads and towns look when higher than 5000ft. Previously I could fly at 10000ft and look down and see crisp roads and fields. Now they are fuzzy, blurry and generally look like a$$! They’ve definitely done something with the rendering level distance. Either that or their servers can’t handle the strain?
As for the pop-in stuff
I kinda always noticed that.

3 Likes

Hi,
Have those of you with problems checked this:

For me the status was Restricted/Moderated and I had to open some ports in my firewall to have it change to Open/Connected.

It seems to have help the texture loading.

which port, in the firewall did you open ??

I follow all the steps in this post:

I wish someone from Microsoft could confirm if this will help everyone :slight_smile:
It helped me, but I don’t want to tell everyone to start opening up ports in their firewall

1 Like

Yes mine says open and connected running 1gb ethernet spds running ultra thanks for the tip
If anyone is having nat type problem look at this from google 
 Failure to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the QoS server can occur when the Windows Firewall is disabled, when security software has altered the Windows Firewall configuration, or when required Windows services have been disabled or stopped.

look at the left mountain side before this patch all was loaded beautiful scenery now is fsx look alike 50fps constant running on ultra and if i turn left there mountain scenery starts loading super slow

3 Likes

This is actually enouraging! It proves that thaey can actually “fix” things. From the changelog:

World

UK city houses models should no longer appear in US suburbs.

:rofl: I do not think they care its just about money and how many people they can screw over now lol!

1 Like

I use render scalling at 100, monitor 1080p.

Increasing it to 150, 200, it SOLVES the issues with blurry terrain in distance. I don’t know why.

Looks like they attached the “Terrain Blurry Setting” to Render Scalling.

Which means that.

1080p Render Scalling 200 will make the TERRAIN looks better than 4K Render Scalling 100?

All, please have a try with Render Scalling and post your conclusions. I know that it shouldn’t affect objects draw distance and textures quality, but, who knows

This thread has been rather disappointing, not by the attitudes of people, but rather the cut-corners approach Asobo has taken to improve performance rather than actually fix the root cause of the issues.

Asobo have not done themselves any favors releasing the last patch. If anything it has made them look very unprofessional with their approach to big fixing, and I say this as a huge fan of MSFS.

5 Likes

I’ve been away during the update and have just updated MSFS. First thing I did was check the settings to see if they had been altered. To my surprise, they had been increased to Ultra in some areas (I had everything set to High). Next I noticed that the weather was rather closer to actual than I had previously experienced. The first flight, in the Bonanza, using my Saitek Switch Panel for the first time, was fine (with the exception of the Avionics switch which doesn’t seem to be mapped on the Panel). The flight was very smooth, graphics were perfectly fine and crisp. Performance of the sim saw around 75% CPU and 60% GPU, RAM 14 out of 32, GRAM 4.6 out of 11. Very happy with the results. Thank you Asobo.

3 Likes

Long Island, NY is definitely not pulling bing map data. Anyone else live in the Tristate area? All the textures are blurry and when you zoom out there actually isn’t satellite data there anymore just grass and road textures and rendered buildings.

2 Likes

I got the same thing too. Landed in toronto and water was just some blurry mess, no matter what settings. Im going to play Civ6 for a while now, until they revert this patch :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Indeed it does :frowning: The trees was a perfect way to cover bad quality ground textures where satellite imagery lacks or cloudy areas like rain forests in brazil or nigeria. Trees were once perfect

Now forests in the distance looks like High Tatras after hurricane :frowning:

2 Likes

As far as the waves go, all I can offer is two screenshots, pre and post patch flying the same aircraft, same High End settings , same location and same Storm preset. First shot is pre patch, 2nd is post patch. I’ll just add that the weather conditions in the first shot were the same in the 2nd right behind the aircraft so was just a break in the weather ! 3rd shot post patch

2 Likes