LOD problems - Trees & Water

Follow the money my friend !!! :joy: :sweat_smile: :joy:

1 Like

Compare two versions:

To see that in the early version the buildings were sharper, the forests denser, there is no spotted texture. In a word, the landscape was more beautiful, more spectacular, more enjoyable.

Please restore the sharper texture, dense forest, more beautiful trees.

1 Like

Draw distance confirmed will be improved on update on last Q@A, these was needed for higher altitude

5 Likes

Dakar

1 Like

To me it looks just different, but not necessarily worse or degraded (let aside the much higher sun angle in the second image, weather and vis settings). Especially your claim, that the forests were denser (i.e. more tree modes per area) in the 1.7 version, seems to be based on feelings, not facts. If you count the trees on a small area, you will find that there is no significant difference. The details on building roofs on the second image are really less visable, but the higher sun casts shorter shadows, so there is less contrast.

5 Likes

And what exactly are your markings on those screenshots supposed to show?

It looks exactly as it should: https://tinyurl.com/yc6rav2g

2 Likes

Maybe hair loss, or greedy lumberjacks :wink: I think many people don’t know what reality looks like anymore.

They addressed this in their Q&A; the LOD radius reduction was not intentional and they’re trying to remedy it.

Question is when? It’s not game breaking so I could probably live without it for a month

2 Likes

Could you live with it if it took longer than a month?

I agree We have Lod problems now

1 Like

The LOD transitions in the latest versions are laughable. The radius appears to be really tight and everything just pops in sequentially. Horrible.

1 Like

I almost guarantee you that when this is resolved, hopefully in the next patch, the complaints will be that performance has dropped, and people want the old patch re-instated.

Increased detail comes at a cost.

2 Likes

What increased detail?? You mean if people wants the detail to be at the level , where the game was , when it came out ,what WE paid for ? The thing is, if ASOBO`s method of making it smoother and frame rate friendlier, comes directly from degrading the visuals, they should say so, even offer a refund to those who are disillusioned by this “method” . Last two major patch carrying the sim to the wrong direction, massively .

2 Likes

Yes, exactly that. Increasing detail back to where it was pre-patch will have a performance impact.

That can be offset by making the sim more efficient in other ways, but simply reducing the quality is an easy way to make performance improve. The reverse is also true.

No, as they’ve mentioned in developer Q&A, there was no intentional downgrades to the visuals, so they believe it is a bug they’ve newly introduced.

2 Likes

Seriously though, I can’t believe that almost no one has looked at the Q&A, given that there are so many people still believe in the “intentional downgrade” conspiracy. They’ve clearly mentioned that there was no intentional downgrades to the visuals, in contrast, they are working on extending drawing distance even more.

4 Likes

That will be a welcome change. But I will be referring back to my post after Patch #4 is released, or whichever patch reverts this recent change.

…funny, how they did not say a thing about the "unintentional " visual downgrades after the previous patch. Than comes a new patch, still making it worse than the previous did, and now even the big YouTube bloggers are saying the same thing about how it got downgraded…so asobo tries to backpedal on it… Where is the conspiracy ? If the downgrade was accidental, they could have fixed it in the new patch. Instead that, they made it worse… good job.

2 Likes

you just don`t get do you? This is exactly all this is about. Downgrading the visuals was an easy fix. Nobody debates that. I personally gained a few fps,but lost a lot how i enjoyed flying , marveling the scenery… It was not worth it. The sim was totally playable when it came out (fps vs visuals )

2 Likes

Then I do get it, as I pointed out just that.

And don’t make personal attacks, or I will flag your posts…

Calm down. Actually don’t worry about that, I will just make use of the forum features provided to me.