LOD/Terrain popping @ENSB Svalbard

Unfortunately it has not.

• At Alert (CYLT) 800 km from NP, on Ellesmere island, I still have very low LOD and it is same for all those areas I visited nearest the pole.
  • Also my GPS (both default and GTN750) shows erroneous positions hundreds of kms from my real position. As soon as I fly a few 100kms south it slowly gets back on-track.
  • The game grinds to a halt the closer I got to the North Pole and the fps increased as I flew in southerly direction.
    All 3 issues seem affected by very high latitude locations, near the Pole locations.

Cruising at 18,000ft I also crashed into Greenland coming from the north with shards/‘striped wall’ appearing out of nowhere in a clear sky. It was exactly the moment I would have crossed the coastline.

Its not fixed yet. Terrible popping of objects and textures.

1 Like

Had anybody the same issue ? No rolling cache. 400 MBits Lan conection.

Not sure what these pictures are supposed to show

Don’t you see the huge patches on the ground? :wink:

Oh I see. Since it’s a terrain texture issue, I would diagnose that as Internet problem, data server problem, or something else similar. It doesn’t seem to me to be a terrain popping issue. That’s slightly but significantly different.

Could be your Internet service is a bit slow or your ISP is throttling you. Or perhaps a problem on the server end. With a game like this so heavily reliant on streaming data from the cloud, you can’t expect the terrain to be perfect all the time. That would require the Internet to be perfect all the time.

Near the polar circle this is always the case. So it’s a latitude issue.
When i fly at Svalbard i get the same.

Have you considered caching the terrain from up there locally?

That doesn’t work, there is an issue with high latitudes and terrain LOD. It has been a bug from the beginning. There have been more issues with high latitude because coordinates get so close together it’s very complicated and strange things happen near the north pole.

I flew into ENSB for the first time today and it looked terrible. So I can assume this issue has not been fixed right?

Was the fix to this issue specifically mentioned in the patch notes of the latest update? If not, then of course you should assume it was not fixed.

Generally speaking, the things that are fixed are mentioned in the patch notes. That’s why we have patch notes.

Do you read the patch notes?

No I don’t. I don’t even know what a patch note is.

Upon initial test this issue seems to be better in WU15 but not gone

1 Like