Logbook Analyzer

Hi Simmers,

I have developed a logbook reader / parser / analyzer that can read the MSFS Logbook file and export to a CSV file with your flight data.

It can already read and identify:

. Date/time of the flight

. Aircraft

. Departure and arrival airport (if any)

. Departure and arrival coordinates

. Type of flight

I am now working on finding and exporting the following data:

. Starting altitude

. Duration of the flight

. Path

. Events

I have made hundreds of tests with my own logbook files, but I would like to start testing with some other people’s files.

If you are interested in providing your logbook file and receiving the CSV back to analyze, you’ll be welcome. Please contact me on this thread or email me on fchamone@terra.com.br so we can arrange how we should exchange the files.

Best regards

4 Likes

Below some example images that can be generated with the system. The global map showing all my flights, some flight detail and even the detail of the taxi route on the airport.

Hey there! Is there a downloadable version already?

No, still in alpha-testing. But I’ll try to make an online version asap

I’d be very happy with just a lite version that just reads and exports your flight log file as a CSV file.

Perfect… If you want to send me your logfile, I can already do that for you, and return a CSV and also a HTML with your flights plotted on a map.

1 Like

Hi, Lilac. Can you share the program somehow?

I don’t mind messy Git repositories, if you think that could be a hinderance.

Looks like a great tool!

Hi Gill.

I’m planning on releasing the software as an online version in the next few days. If you are in a hurry, I can generate 3 files for you if you send me your logfile:

1 - CSV with all your flights
2 - CSV with the detailed route of each flight
3 - HTML with all your flights plotted on a map

Best regards,

1 Like

Thank you for the offer, but I mostly have training flights so far. It will be a great addition to my gameplay in the future, especially when comparing flights with my father.

I will keep an eye out for the release!

I can offer CR/QA later if you need it. Possibly a Pull Request or five too.

I think many simmers will find this project enticing in the future; I found this thread through google search, not just the forum search.

Hi Guys,

The online version of the Logbook Exporter is available in a beta version, free of charge, on the following link: https://logbook-maps.rj.r.appspot.com

Please try it and comment below!

2 Likes

Hi Lilac, where do we find the logbook ? I’ve read so many forums by now

Hi Miguel, take a look at https://logbook-maps.rj.r.appspot.com/static/information.html .
There you can find the instructions to find your logbook file.

Best regards,

FlightLog Analyzer is in Open Beta, available at https://www.flightloganalyzer.com .

This is an evolution of the previous MSFS Logbook Exporter that was available on the web. It is a Windows software, companion to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, that gives you the ability to:

• View All your Flights, read directly from Flight Simulator’s Internal Logbook, without having to open Flight Simulator
  • View Flight Routes on Google Earth® and on OpenStreetMap®
  • Create Altitude Profile Charts
  • Export the FS Logbook to .CSV, .XML, and .KML files (which can be imported into Excel, Google Earth, Volanta, LittleNavMap, etc…)
  • Perform Grouping-Analysis on Flights by ‘Flight Attributes’
  • Backup and Restore Microsoft’s Flight Simulator Logbook
  • Edit Flight Simulator’s Logbook to Permanently Remove Unwanted Flights

Below are some screenshots of the app:

Main Screen:

Built-in Map Viewer:

Built-in Flight Profile Viewer:

Google Earth Images:

We hope you give it a try soon!

2 Likes

Hi BreakerHUN,

Just to let you know that we have a downloadable version of FlightLog Analyzer ready for you, at https://www.flightloganalyzer.com

Best regards,

1 Like

Looks great –

Just to be clear, the only EDiT function is to Delete a flight.

There is not editing say the expored CVS file, and then importing that edited version back into the Log Book.

(Probably a good “Feature” NOT to be able to do this !!! )

Also, I assume one could backup the Logbook, as say LogBook 1, then delete the current logbook, and effectively start new logbook (ie LogBook 2.)

Would be nice if at least TOTALS could be carried over into that new log book. Maybe Later Version 2.0

You beat me to it – I was starting to write a similar app, but now I don’t have to anymore.

Thank You.

so, obvious question

Cost of the various License level
WHEN will it be available…

===============================

OF Course , once I RTFM –

It’s already on sale, and I have now already purchased a Pro License, and have “Trimmed” out my Log Book.

GREAT – Thank you … 100% Satisfaction :fu: :+1:

(very easy purchasing Shopping Website – totally painless )

2 Likes

Personal FlightAware for MSFS :+1:

2 Likes

In order to keep the TOTALS on a ‘blank’ logbook intact, Flight Simulator would have to see at least one Huge flight that has all the hours / takeoffs / landings, etc in it.
But, the app could filter that flight out, and only show it in terms of adding into those totals. Would you find that acceptable?

Sounds great to me.

There would probably need to be a way to keep track / show /name which Logbook is being used.

I now all of this could get complex, so the multiple logbooks is just the start of a suggestion ., you Devs will know what is best to do…

But bearing in mind, Asobo has told us that log books have a limted size ( 16 MB compressed – sound familiar!! ), so being able to move on to a new logbook when one is close to full, and still have access to the old one, would be nice. (Just as one does in RL, when you run out of pages)

Of course, Asobo do not tell us when our logbooks are getting near full !!!

So, I assume you could quite easily add a (Log Book Full %) to the displayed Logbook screen, to give users some idea when they are "running out of logbook pages " !!

Hi, just taking a moment to give you some facts and figures about the size limit and number of flights.
I’m looking at a sample log file with 2000 flights. It’s uncompressed size is 8.5MB, and with compression MS/Asobo has turned that into a 3MB file. So extrapolating that out, it seems that a file of 10,500 ‘typical’ flights could reach the limit.

Definitely would be easy to add the percentage full on the main screen.

N6722C - The “% Full” in the upper right corner was added for you

1 Like