Logbook gets deleted when quitting msfs on Xbox

It’s not possible. That’s your cloud save. If you delete that 16MB file then your flight logs will be gone for good. Until Asobo/MS can stop saying it’s our profile that’s corrupted and take a look at their bad coding, there’s nothing we can do.

1 Like

Submitted more information on my MSFS2020 ticket. Let’s see where it goes. :smile:

Added this to the MSFS 2020 Wishlist.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/logbook-limited-file-size-limit-to-cloud-sync/552842?u=kjjohnson37

Did you managed to find a solution ?

Unfortunately no. Seems like Microsoft doesn’t really care.

It should be logging continuously, like any real log. Tonight I suffered a power surge about 2 hours into a flight from ORD to BOS. There is nothing in the log about this flight.

Hey man, I’m trying to edit the logbook myself but I’m having trouble opening the logbook file since it’s a binary file.
Can you share with us your method of editing it?
I really appreciate your help!!

It’s not only on XBOX…

My logbook stopped working on Jan 21, 2023… (PC) Store Version. Cloud crash and I lost sync… But started again and ok. But since then I am stuck at 1372 hrs… Flights upon completion show in the log book, but upon restart of the sim, the entry is gone. (The Last entries of Jan 21, 2023 and prior show, but nothing after that date sticks! Anyone know how to fix or did I hit the max limit?? HELP?

1 Like

Yes Please, How did you edit it?

Unfortunately, although we’ve identified the issue to be the logbook file size limit.
Currently, there’s no way of fixing it on our own cuz we can’t edit the logbook nor increase the file size limit cuz it’s a server-side thing.
We can only raise Asobo’s attention and hope they could fix it.

Same happens here on 26th Feb, no more updates on logbook. After a flight if you go to a notebook, It records flights but if you exit game and go back to logbook, it’s again on 26th feb.
Asobo please help with this.

1 Like

I was having the same problem. The logbook entry wasn’t updating after completing a flight. I then read that this will happen if you are in the “Developer” mode, which I was in, in order to check the Frames Per Second display. When I quit the “Developer” mode the Log Book started recording my flights.

DEV MODE ON has always stopped the clock in the logbook… this has been since the onset of MSFS…

(But those reporting here have lost functionality of the logbook on various dates and various hours accumulated in our logbook in “normal user mode” (that is DEV MODE OFF). It is some type of syncing problem between the MSFS “cloud” and the local user that Asobo knows about but hasn’t been able to come up with a solution to re-sync or fix the local users to get them back to their own flight logbook “in the sky” !

(But they don’t take time to fix up each person, but rather one day, perhaps some 1500 flight hours later: (that might never recovered in our logbooks), BINGO, they’ll finally come up with some type of blanket fix and voila everyone’s logbook will start resume working again. Just maybe?
(But what about all of the lost or missing hours? during the time that the logbook has been dead?.. Not sure but my flights/hours have been going somewhere in the sky! but they just don’t return when I start my sim the next time.)

(My logbook has been down for almost 3 months and some 300 or 400 hours so far… and still nada as to even a progress or update on the issue).

So here’s hoping that the logbooks might be fixed sooner than later!!

1 Like

I contacted support and they told me that this logbook size limit was going to be fixed in some update soon. Waiting since long ago and so many hours and trips lost :frowning:
Could you please help asobo? Thank you!

1 Like

I can now confirm this is resolved. :grin: