Logbook not updating after patch

what today’s game update did :grin: , although ground freq was blank for parking location, parking at the default location and turning the engines off did the trick

1 Like

flew 1 flight today in a way that would not normally log the flight due to the bug, and it logged this time.
issue may be fixed.

1 Like

Good to hear about your success. @minpat1uk

At least the release notes for 1.11.6.0 also suggest that two additional “commit” triggers have been (re?)introduced … which should catch most of the cases people reported here.

So it seems like the flight count and the “time of flight” should now be preserved.
Great.

But I need to check how the counting of takeoffs and landings is working now. Only counting proper “by-ATC-objectives” transitions is something that I still would consider to be a “bug” as it is neither logical nor really explained anywhere.

But it is great to see that the main issue was fixed way ahead of schedule. Thank you Asobo!
… this means less crashing into terminal buildings for me.

3 Likes

Even partial flights without landing seem to be logged now… finally!

1 Like

I have made a lot of test…Now IT WORKS!!!

1 Like

So after my 1.11.6.0 update finished I also did a “Logbook” test and I can confirm, that it looks better … no need to crash after landing … the flight departure and arrival location and the time is logged correctly when I “pause” after landing … and exit to the Main menu.

As always I did a “no-ATC-no-Objectives-against-all-rules” flight and the game engine

• did correctly record “one” landing
  • did fail to count my takeoff

Enforcing “by the book (reach objectives)” rules seems to be still in place … and IMHO this is wrong.
“Takeoff” and “Landing” should be defined “by the laws of physics” and not by “the laws of correct flight conventions”. FS2020 knows if the wheels are on the ground or not … how long they have been in the air … and how fast the aircraft is moving. There should not be different rules for bush trips or international airport locations.

But all it all … as I already said about a hour ago … Thank you Asobo!

4 Likes

As the title says, since the new patch, Takeoffs and Landings are no longer tracked and/or counted in your Logbook. All flights since the patch are now reporting 0 / 0 for me.

I’ve had this problem since the start. I’m trying to work out if they aren’t counting if you don’t take off in a perfect Vr - V2 range (with figures pre determined by the program itself) as a possibility. Which is dumb if wanting to do STOL, or even touch and goes (don’t seem to always register)

Odd. The logbook has tracked every single one of mine no issue, until today’s patch.

1 Like

Mine is working as expected.
Downloading and installing the patch was also seamless.

Enjoying this version.

For quite a few flights after the patch it wouldn’t track them for me. However, it suddenly decided to start tracking them again. Not sure what the deal was.

Patch installation was also seamless for me. As was the original installation. No issues. As a matter of fact, the game for the most part has been pretty much flawless. 130 hours in the game so far and pretty much no issues whatsoever. Has crashed a handful of times. Other than that, don’t really have anything to complain about.

Hi,
Since few days, no landing are counts… Always 0 landings, even if I’m shutting down the engines.
Have you this problem too ?
What can I do ?
Regards

Hi Forcebio,
There many many posts on this already. The logbook is broken.

Here is a search on the forums:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=logbook

note: it works if you stay in correct parking position… if not, no landing count…

Strange, I’m shutting down the engines at the parking the atc gives to me… I’m following the blue line that I’ve activated in the options…

Do you have development mode enabled? This will disable the logbook

No, developer mode disable.
The logbook is still logging, but shows 0 for the landings… but, but… I’m landding !! lol

I.ve just completed several 2 hour flites and they are not showing up in my log book. I guess it just stopped working. Anyone else have this problem. Also no credits to my hours from these last flites.

Mine stopped 2 days ago, I’ve done 3 flights and a few landing challenges but no new flights are showing.