Logbook Popup at end of flight

In this latest 1.12.13.0 update, suddenly that end of flight logbook popup is appearing well before the aircraft has stopped and parked. Up to this update it has not been a problem.
Is there a way to turn it off? It totally wrecks the realism of arrival.
Thank You.

5 Likes

I know this is a “feature”, but this is soo annoying. I don’t think I’ve seen a single thread about wanting the logbook popping up right as we are shutting the engines down…

I just don’t get it, the logbook doesn’t work correctly, we ask for it to be fixed (I actually do not care about the logbook at all) and instead, it is still logging flights wrong, and now it is popping up when I least want it to.

I really hope that there is a setting that I have not found, or a hot fix for this (I know there won’t be cause why would there be).

3 Likes

This is one of a myriad of Alpha 1 issued constantly reported and ignored. Like you, for me the logbook is totally irrelevant and I too wish there was a way to ditch it.
And, like you, I don’t think anything will be done about it.
What’s even more annoying is that the pop-up behaviour is random and without logic.
There is much that is getting better over time but there is still a ton that needs fixing.
I don’t actually use anything in MSFS except the view.

1 Like

Just did another flight. Yeah, this needs to go immediately… :rage:

Do you guys know of any workaround? I just tried deleting the logbook entries from the layout.json file thinking that maybe that would do it, and it just froze the game at the end lol. I had to put it back to stock.

2 Likes

Not sure why this is happening for you just now, but it’s been happening for some people for a while:

Popup right at the end, agghhhhhhh!

It seems evident that the developers are not after your money. If you’re an older simmer, you’re the wrong market. They’re after 15 year olds who are attuned to the world of Xbox gaming. If you have this on Xbox with their controller a mouse and keyboard, your flyin like no body’s business. No big issues. It’s obvious in the way they designed it, leaving out so many of the quality features from FSX that made it and gave it a real simulator feel.
This is garbage coated with a fancy candy coating.
At this point in the New Year, I’m sorry I spent thousands and thousands of dollars of my hard earned money on this travesty. My decades of confidence and trust in Microsoft is all but gone :cry:

2 Likes

@BannanaSiblings.
It’s really easy for me to understand where you’re coming from but I’m not going to give up. For my use of MSFS as a dumb drone to PSX, it works fine. It’s a good environment in which to run PSX.
But I do get mad when bugs that were fixed, reappear randomly and totally screw things up.
When PMDG give up, that’s when I’ll start questioning if MSFS is the place to be but for now, it’s useful and better than p3d as a place to fly the drone.

1 Like

I hear ya! But I have my real rc drones for that kinda fun, and Google Earth lol! :joy::+1:

Personally, I am still getting a feel for the FS and would just as soon my learning flights were not logged. I would rather they make it user-initiated so we could log those flights we want.

1 Like

I shut the engine by choking it off (Cessna and Baron), I just don’t shut my battery and avionics switches off until I feel ready. This way that logbook doesn’t pop up. Another ridiculous oversight (or not a concern for their market of young Xbox users).

I’ve stopped using FS because it’s gotten so bad, so ugly and practically unflyable.

1 Like

PLEASE Asobo PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Stop that nervy Logbook window during shutdown. It kills every nice flight. STOP IT!!!

5 Likes

Problem with that is, people who want realism. You never shut down the engine with avionics on in real life. Always turn avionics off first.

1 Like

None the less, this whole logbook thing should be optional.

3 Likes

So true! But with my real cockpit build, I’ve still gotta compromise anyway and use the 3D cockpit with no multi-screen and full screen capability anymore. This literally destroys any realism for homebuilt cockpit simmers and brings it to a level of only desktop or Xbox gaming.

1 Like

I agree- please let us disable the logbook popping up. It’s annoying.

4 Likes

No big deal guys. Just press continue and you are back to normal. Mine comes when the engines are shut down. I like this feature.

Stelios

as a real world pilot, is is VERY ANNOYING!
remember, its not a game! please let us decide, if we want to see those facts! simple turn-off option would be nice!

3 Likes

Spot on. Why on earth this has re surfaced after killing it in the alpha, I have no idea.

2 Likes

This thing annoys me so much that I am now willing to pay the devs $60 if they remove it.