Logbook should not pop up in the middle of the shutdown procedure

That zero entry log is there because you pressed the Continue button rather than Main Menu.

In effect you have started a new flight without going back to the map screen. And since you didn’t take off you have zero airtime.

Like I said: I need to press “continue” for a complete a/c shutdown. In many planes, killing the engine is enough to trigger the Log Book screen - ie. too early

1 Like

There’s something I haven’t tried. As you may know, enabling dev mode stops your logbook from updating.

I wonder if you finish your flight, hit the Continue button, then enable dev. mode so the zero entry can’t be logged, it may still log the first flight correctly.

That is a lot of hoop jumping, whereas a simple key click or menu selection, when the Pilot in Command is ready for it.

3 Likes

Could it be…

New assistance has been added to disable the automatic logbook at the end of a flight

1 Like

Yes, it is. And it works too. No more logbook popping up!

3 Likes

Yeah that’s good news :+1:

1 Like

It does work, however it seems to create an empty log entry when you exit to the main menu, as if you had pressed the Continue button, and then Main Menu.

However the times don’t look quite right here, so I will repeat this tomorrow.

Apparently it’s not just you. Ref. [SU7] End-Of-Flight logbook popup suppression: Still creating bogus zero minute logbook entries

There’s probably some Chinese proverb that states that: “if you take the time and effort to fix one thing, at least make sure you’ve fixed it well”. Doesn’t apply here obviously.

1 Like

Yeah they finally gave the option to get rid of it, been a long time coming! This never meant the logbook would work correctly since it never has. If you want a proper log then I suggest you get a logbook and write it down, it would be more accurate and fun that way anyway.

2 Likes

While I appreciate we now have the toggle to stop the logbook from automatically opening, would it be too much to ask that it can properly sense takeoffs from untowered airports? It seems to missing landings as well. I use pilot2ATC and not the in-sim ATC, even though Pilot2ATC is a more accurate representation of proper communication, it seems to really to mess with MSFS ability to log take offs and landings

Turning the new feature off it correctly logs my single flight when I return to the Main Menu. I’d rather have this than have them silently hit the Continue button to hide the window from appearing, rather than actually stop it from appearing at all, to block those zero length flights from filling the logbook.

something left from this logbook… when you shutting down corsair(battery or instrument) and you got opened canopy, canopy closed by itself, same was when logbook popup, so some script from this ■■■■ stay

Perhaps change the logic so that the logbook only appears and logs an entry when you pull the parking brake AFTER shutting down the engines? Key is to make the trigger a combo of events and not just a single event like engine shut down.

Yes, ever since its release in 2020, to make sure the takeoff is logged at nontowered airports, the sim insists a taxi to and hold at the runway the sim has decided is the correct runway for takeoff is completed. Every time flying out of a nontowered airport, I taxi to this hold position first, then if that runway is not the runway I have chosen for takeoff based on wind or other factors, I continue to taxi to the hold position of the runway I have chosen for takeoff.

To take the guesswork out of which runway the sim has decided is the “correct” runway for takeoff, I turn on the taxi ribbon option before the taxi begins using Subtle Taxi Ribbon, then turn off the taxi ribbon option as soon as the ribbon is extinguished. Every time the taxi ribbon appears and is then extinguished at the hold for takeoff area, I always get the takeoff logged, no matter what runway I use for takeoff.

Been doing this for over a year now, but I would rather do this silly workaround than not have the takeoff recorded in the log. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks for your observation and work around. But since I like to take off into the wind and choose the runway that one would in RL . I guess I will just have to miss a few takeoffs being logged instead of puttering around on the ground burning Avgas and fouling my plugs (would be nice if that was simulated as well ).

I will do as you suggest if it really starts bothering me on the log book more than using an less desirable runway. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Never use built-in logbook, use a real logbook if you want to be accurate. I don’t know why anyone would try to use the built-in logbook? Either deal with easy automatic logbook entries that result in failures or write out your times on a sheet of paper or in an actual logbook and do it the right way.

If you care about the logbook you should have a real logbook that you’re writing in, otherwise what is the point? Is it just to keep track of sim hours to brag about?

I use the logbook for its “Fly Again” feature which is more efficient than using Save/Load. And because I use the log for that purpose, it annoys me to see inaccurate entries in the log, and that’s why I obsess over making sure each takeoff is recorded. It does not have to make sense to you.

4 Likes

Ah I see, I’ve never used the “Fly Again” feature, so I can see how that would be a problem. It’s baffling that they still can’t get something as simple as logging flights working right. Makes you wonder what the code looks like.

1 Like

This item was delivered in Sim Update 7 (1.21.13.0).

If you are still seeing the logbook pop up, please vote/comment in this bug report.

If you are seeing the logbook flash in VR, please vote/comment in this bug report.

If you are seeing zero-time entries, please vote/comment in this bug report.