Logbook should not pop up in the middle of the shutdown procedure

I also find that the “return to menu” button results in a CTD 90% of the time.

2 Likes

Should be removed as soon as possible!

3 Likes

I think you all want to vote on this:

instead of wasting your vote here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t believe the UI was designed this way, agreed, get rid of it! +1

7 Likes

I totally agree. This automatic logbook popup needs to be removed.
Add my vote to this. Immersion killer. Thanks Devs.

6 Likes

Agreed. Make it optional.

3 Likes

I agree that it ruins the flight at the end

3 Likes

Good post, I have voted, I too always start from a cold dark cockpit and wish to finish that way too, it’s meant to be a simulation after all?

7 Likes

Right, exactly like that … if you first click on end, because only then the flight is over. In any case, I’m there for it!

2 Likes

Please get rid of the Contunie/Restart/Exit to main menu after engine shutdown it kills preformance in VR when you press Contunie

There is a escape key for this…I like to do a complete engine shutdown in the A320 but cant as it puts me to 5 FPS

6 Likes

I can not believe this logbook fiasco has gone on this long. This is unacceptable. When they were touting this as a flight simulator, NOT a game, did they actually believe themselves? Absolutely ridiculous.

6 Likes

Have the developers commented on this? I don’t recall seeing any comments from either Asobo or Microsoft, as to whether they are giving any thought to getting rid of this immersion killer, though users have been asking about this from release.

1 Like

No, and that’s presumably because it didn’t gain enough votes. Before the topic about this in the Q&A (second most voted there) this topic had 170 votes. Now it has 300+. It gained 43% of its votes in the past 2 weeks, even though this topic exists for 5 months. Still it is not even listed, but now thanks to the Q&A it possibly is on their radar.

I’d say, have a vote here to change this mindset:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/give-small-but-useful-requests-a-higher-prioritization-eg-taxi-ribbon-toggle-logbook-pop-up-full-pause/350932

I also have my findings on this logbook topic specifically in that topic in post 19.

edit: I also think it’s unsustainable to require topics to be listed in the top list before it draws attention.

Blue line is position 20, orange line is position 23, grey line is this topic which after the campaigning still gets nowhere near the top.

3 Likes

I’d be happy if it was just a simple small notification that didn’t grind everything to a halt (or take away control completely, like the “Connection offline” popup…fun discovery 10 feet above a runway :smiley: !).

That’s the thing that’s most bothersome to me, everything just grinds to a halt and it all starts stuttering like mad which takes away any motivation to hit “Continue” for me, at that point the proverbial moment is already gone and I might as well quit. Really baffling design decision, just let the player decide when to end the flight.

1 Like

Okay, I’ve just started I want to end my flight. How would you suggest we instigate that?

Possibly hide it behind the Esc key, with an option to end the flight, and then generate that screen? I want that screen to appear as it shows me my log for that flight(s). But at least now it has to be instigated by me, rather than the sim in response to a shutdown procedure.

I couldn’t care less for the logbook. Stop throwing it in my face. Turn that thing off asobo

5 Likes

What would you say to people that want it?

There has to be a compromise, and the best I can think of it make it a manual process via a button when you press Esc, rather than when the avionics, and battery are turned off.

2 Likes

I dont care for a button press. But right now its forced and automatic. stupid plain and simple

2 Likes

The best anyone most likely would think of is simple: make any such features opt-in or opt-out. That’s all.

you want it? opt-in.
you don’t want it? opt-out.

No UI or keyboard command Microsoft can ever think of will ever replace the user wanting direct control on everything, especially more so IMHO with simmers and their simulators…

1 Like

So a button? That the user can press if they wish, and not press if they don’t? Sounds like the essence of choice to me.

When you press the Esc key, to bring the menu up for making changes to your controls, and so on, somewhere on that screen could be a button marked ‘End Flight’. Pressing it ends your flight. No one forces you to press it, and if you want to just hit the return to main menu button you can. Alt+F4 if you really want also.