Logitech pedals - braking anomoly

I noticed this a while ago and tried adjusting everything to make it work right but no luck.

I am using Logitech/Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. When viewing the braking function from the Windows game controllers properties, I see a smooth bar graph going from 0% to 100% as I gently apply brakes. As we would expect.

But when I do the same inside MSFS (controller sensitivity graphs), applying the brakes shows it going from 0% to 50% instantly and then proper linear pressure from 50% to 100%. In other words, applying anything less than 50% braking is impossible. And I even think the brake animation is showing this too. Gentle pressā€¦ nothing. More pressureā€¦ the pedal movement is sudden and ā€˜snapsā€™ part way in.

Iā€™ve tried playing with every sensitivityā€¦ nothing changes the fact that the MSFS sensitivity graphs goes from 0% to 50% instantly and then works fine 50% and up. Itā€™s not the end of the world. Braking still more or less works but it would be nice to have less than 50% braking when taxing and doing a differential turn.

And while it probably doesnā€™t matter, the rudder function does work fine. It goes smoothly from 0% to 100% in both USB Properties and MSFS.

For those with the same rudder pedals, is yours doing the same?

I get the same with my CH Proā€™s.

Iā€™m thinking this is by design.

By design? You mean MSFS isnā€™t coded to use minimal braking?

What I mean is I have a completely different brand of pedals that exhibit the exact same behaviour. So I doubt itā€™s an issue with either of our pedals. Iā€™d say this is working as the sim expects. It doesnā€™t mean there isnā€™t minimal breaking, just means in the graph it starts at 50% when the pressure is applied.

I had the exact same problem after building up a new system. And I think the solution was a full calibration of the rudder pedals (and brakes) under windows settings (devices and printers) although it seemed alright there.

3 Likes

Success! Many thanks.

The issue is related to faulty data in the Windows Registry. Once I removed the controller from the registry and reconnected (so it appears as a new device), all is well again. It was odd how Windows Properties showed it as working fine but did not work fine inside MSFS.

Here is the link that explains it removing the entry from the registry.
Recalibrate the Flight Rudder Pedals Axes: RegEdit ā€“ Logitech Support + Download

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

2 Likes

You my friend are a Gentleman and a Scholar!

This solved the problem with the Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals I had in MSFS (Prepar3D worked fine).

The solution of unplugging the pedals, importing the registry keys from your link, plugging back in the pedals, running the calibration within Windows, and re-launching MSFS.
Now my brakes work as intended!!!

Thanks again!

SuperVertrix

FWIWā€¦I had an issue with Saitek toe brake always starting at the 50% mark as if they were a ā€œcenteredā€ control. After a bit a mucking around with all the suggestions (and no Iā€™m not going to reinstall the sim to fix this); went to the ā€œSetup Game Controllersā€ for the rudder pedals and in Settings clicked on Reset To Default and that worked for me.