Logitech/Saitek Flight Instrument Panel Help!

Hey nutria4. Read this in another forum post written by RiskiestElm2. Looks like the same problem that you are having. Asobo should really have Logitechs/Saiteks hardware natively supported. Anyways, I haven’t updated to the new update yet so hopefully this is a fix for now. Let me know if it works.

“I hope it could help somebody:
After last MSFS 2020 update, I’ve got a problem with non working radio and multipanel.
On start of MSFS I got a message that an instance of plugin already running.
After closing MSFS I noticed in the task manager that LogiMicrosoftFlightSimulator.exe is still running.
I killed this process and started the MSFS again and my panels started to work as expected.
Seems it’s a bug in the plugin or in MSFS that do not send message to plugin about closing the simulator.” By RiskiestElm2

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/native-support-for-saitek-logitech-hardware/322215

Hi I’ve juste received a bundle of fip but I don’t know how set them up. I’ve downloading the 2 files you provide. Don’t know how to install drivers and still get the fip blinking when using spadnext. Please help

drivingdude, thanks for the info. I tried, and that didn’t work so I got tired of being grounded, tested and purchase the spad.next driver for 24 bucks. Works great. Automatically picks up all the logitech stuff. Working now on how to change the REV button to FLC. Thanks again for your assistance. This issue is really frustrating.

Next I have to figure out why FS is imploding back to the desktop when pressing the Main Menu button after a flight. This too started after the 1.11.6.0 update.

1 Like

Same here, solid investment, so much more useful. Just a tip - disable the Logitech plugin when using spad.next, it seems (at least for me) that it was still sending SimConnect events alongside spad.next (which caused some remappings I did not working at all)…

I tried the same thing but eventually gave up, couldn’t get it to work correctly (and I still have the FLC on my StreamDeck so not a big deal for me). If you ever get it working please let me know!

Thanks,
Dirk

I’ve been using spad since a long time now.
I bought it as I wasn’t able to configure correctly my Saitek peripherals correctly, in 2016.
I completed this order with few fip gauges bought in the same time.
I’ve used it with fsx, p3d, xplane 10/11, DCS…
The fact that I do love in this software is that all my Peripherals are ok:
4 FIPs
1 Pro flight switch
1 Pro flight Multi panel
1 Pro flight radio panel
1 BIP
I also have a Pro flight Yoke system and rudder pedals.
Yoke and rudder pedals are configured in fs2020 but not throttle quadrant because of axis configuration, so quadrant is configured through spad.
What I do apreciate is the possibility to change FIPs depending on the aircraft, but also the possibility to manage through xml files most of the parameters.
So what to say next, I can fly, with all of that, working as I expect…

Hi, And congrats on the purchase.

It is worth pointing out that you can get your FIP working satisfactorily without having to spend more money on additional software [eg. SpadX].

Al the info you need is in the following [lengthy] thread on all things Saitek/Logitech:

I will post back once I get the REV button working as FLC. I just can’t see what I’m doing wrong, it should work the way I have the script configured.

I opened a ticket and provided a screen shot. I bookmarked this thread.

Here’s what I received from Spad.Next support:
MSFS does not sync back changes made form outside (e.g. by SPAD.neXt) to the UI.
It’s known issue and has been reported to Asobo a million times. They don’t seem to care.
The function should work, but UI will be out of sync.

Also please check the forums. When using FLC you will have to reset the Speed, as it’s cleared and therefor not activated (Another bug they do not fix)

Regards,
Ulrich

SPAD.neXt – Simulation Advanced Panel Driver: neXt Generation – http://www.spadnext.com
For direct help it’s recommended to join the SPAD.neXt Discord ( https://discord.gg/sRwcWkB )

MOre MSFS bugs, probably low priority. It does appear the script I submitted was correct.

1 Like

Hmm, not entirely sure about their response…

As I said I’m using FLC with the StreamDeck plugin, which also communicates with MSFS solely via SimConnect, and it works flawlessly, the FLC light on the autopilot in the UI illuminates and it functions as expected

After checking out some videos on YouTube I finally got FLC fully working (among some other cool profile tweaks), so if you are still trying to figure it out then shoot me a PM!

Dirk

Thx Player! (my first post here too)
In my old sim FSX, all my peripherals worked flawlessly for years. I just rebuilt a static single seat sim and installed all my panels and switches into a custom fit cockpit glare shield.
Just got my GPU (Rtx3080 was on back order for 2 months) on Friday. Installed Win10 and MSFS $$$
Saitek yoke and pedals and trim wheel were recognized, and configured (such a crude simple basic config menu). It didn’t recognize my Saitek switch or comm panels or GoFlite button panels. Yet ALL are recognized by Windows in devices.
I could barely takeoff as config sucks and everything is all over the place. Apparently (now I find out) GoFlite is not supported, and their site has no downloads, same with Saitek. Who woulda thunk? So I’ll use your links for the downloads, thx so much!
So can most of these panels that are not supported or seen by FS be connected and used, by third party software? I hear FSUIPC7 and Wide works to connect and config.
Will I need Simconnect at some point?
So tonight in the Marketplace, I saw I needed to do the America II Update. Soon as I went back to fly, my yoke and pedals made a ding sound and vanished!! Yet the lights were still on them. But the trim wheel remained connected. So now it’s deteriorated to the point of being unusable. Not bad for an investment of $3,000 and build time spent of months, during Covid too. :cry:

Sorry for late reply. No they don’t appear anywhere!

I am giving up on my 6 FIP panels. Had them working (after countless hours of trying) on my previous PC, but had to switch each one on at a time, otherwise a race condition occured where some of them went blank. But at least they worked.

Now I have built a NEW pc (AMD 3950x and RTX 3090) and I can’t get them to work at all. Either they only are backlit, i.e. get power but no splash screen, or they work for a while and turn off. Have read all threads on the subject and tried everything suggested. Spad.next did not help.

I am actually going to throw them in the garbage, I am so sick of wasting any more time on them. Googling makes it clear that I am not alone. Shame on Logitech for not supplying software and drivers that make these usable. I have an M.Sc. in computer science, but guess I need a Ph.D to get this rubbish to work.

All my other Logitech sim products work fine.

Rant mode off… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Before you toss those in the trash PM me a price for them.

Surprised at that, since afaik spad does not depend on any Logitech drivers at all. Granted I don’t have multiple FIPs (one FIP, multi and switch panel), but they work flawlessly (not to mention all the additional configuration possibilities you have with it).

Maybe the FIPs (or at least one of them) have hardware issues…

Dirk

Weird thing is, they still work on my old PC (except from the fact that I have to manually switch them on one at a time, which I’m fine with).

I will do a last effort before I get rid of them and do a clean install of Windows, installing nothing but MSFS2020 and the drivers.

Before I do this: I assume I need to install the old drivers from 2017 (Flight Instrument Panel Drivers 8.0.124.0) before I install the Microsoft Flight Simulator Plug-in 8.0.313.0?

Or can I install just Spad.next and not the Logitech drivers? I don’t really need Spad.next, but happy to pay for it if it works better than the Logitech drivers.

I have to correct myself, for the FIP you actually need the Logitech hardware drivers (I initially only had the switch/multi panel and for those you don’t need any Logitech software at all). You definitely don’t need the plugin (I uninstalled it since it was interfering with spad.next). Follow the instructions from here: fip gauge driver - SPAD.neXt

I found it extremely useful, especially for the FIP. You can load third party gauges from fipgauges.com (I’m running an ILS and a radio gauge), switch between gauges via joystick button press, program sim events to the FIP buttons, etc.

Dirk

1 Like

Thanks Dirk! Will give Spad.next a try if I get them working again.

I’ve got 7 and they work fine as long as I follow the following procedure;

Spad.next installed, latest drivers etc
FIPs all connected to a powered USB 2.0 compat hub

Before booting, they are turned off individually (using hub power toggles)

PC Boots and when it has loaded and on windows I turn each FIP on in sequence, I do this by pressing the individual usb hub power switch and wait until the FIP unit powers up (red pulsing flash on FIP arrow button switch) - the FIP unit will boot and be backlit and in a state to accept spad.next

I perform this for all of my FIP, note that I find I can safely add 2 at a time like this, any more and they can crash - probably due to usb voltage demands. The time between turning a FIP on and it being on and in a status to proceed is about 5-7 secs - listen for the USB device added tone and watch the arrow button on the FIP flash.

After 30-40 secs all my FIP are on (brighter due to being backlit) and all black/blank. At this point I run spad.next and this brings the FIPs to life although the gauges are not active until MSFS 2020 boots and runs the simulation.

After spad.next, I run msfs2020 and bingo.

The process may sound long winded but if the usb hub is conveniently close to use the individual hub power buttons it’s no problem.

Of course it would be ideal if I could just turn the pc on and all gauges boot,but I have found this to cause problems and individual FIP will crash (7 FIP draw just about 1A and this surge of USB power seems the problem).

App my FIP are on a hub to themselves, another powered hub has yoke, rudders, quadrant and panels.

Following this has led to 100% success. Spad.next seems integral to this.

1 Like

Just to confirm that on my configuration I’ve added two USB hub 10 ports ( 65 W (20 V/3,25 A) found on amz) on which I’ve connected all my Saitek Peripherals.
Everything works smoothless and peripherals are waking up with PC Startup.
When the FIP stop blinking (small arrows) it’s time to launch spad.
Again I use this configuration for years now and I’m pretty happy with my configuration:
At this time I’ve 6 FIPs, 1 BIP, 1 Radio, 1 multi panel and 1 switch.
This (spad) was working with XP11, FSX, P3D and FS2020 (since alpha)

1 Like