Logitech yoke system, power faults common?

Finally received my logitech flight yoke system a few days ago. Set it all up, working fine. I noticed that the clock wasn’t working though, so I did a little research and found that I needed to reinstall the logitech software to fix this. Did that, and it worked. PC rebooted after and then the clock worked. Tried it again in msfs, and everything seemed great. Switched off my PC, came back to it a couple of hours later and the yoke is just totally dead. Won’t power on at all.

I usually use a powered USB hub, with individual switches so that I can turn each part on/off as desired, but when the yoke is switched on, I get a very short power light blip on the attahced throttle quadrant, but no lights on the yoke and then that blip turns off too.

I tried different ports on the hub, and different parts in THAT port. Same. Yoke doesn’t work, everything else does.

Tried running it direct to the PC in each and every port. Same.

Tried connecting to a whole different PC. Same.

When you plug it in, it’s not even recognised by windows that it’s been plugged in. No connection noise, no device listed anywhere, and the logitech install software won’t let you click “next” because it doesn’t detect that it’s been plugged in.

I’ve ordered a replacement from Amazon, and this unit is hopefully being collected on Monday, all packed up and ready to go…

…but I’m just wondering if this is a common problem? Is there some way I can avoid it happening when the new unit comes? It seems like the problem started AFTER updating/reinstalling the logitech software/drivers, so could that have killed it? even though it was initially working after the PC rebooted?

Tempted to just live with the clock not working when the new one arrives?

Weird that the throttle quad light blips on though? Happens when youmplug in and then when you unplug the yoke system. I’d have thought that if the hardware was completely dead/bad cable or something like that, there would just be no power at all?

I’ve only seen a coule posts elsewhere online and they talk about reinstalling drivers on device manager, but in my case, it’s not even listed at all there, because it’s not detected that it’s plugged in.

Logitech support was of no use at all. Go on their online chat and I was literally told to wait IN CHAT for an agent, but that it might take 24-48 hours…not that they’d email me back or anything, but literally to wait online in chat for up to 2 days??? that’s why I gave up after half hour and just sorted it direct through amazon.

Anyways, just curious how many other people have had hardware issues like this with their logitech yoke system?

2 Likes

Mine has been working fine for literally years…you must have gotten a dud. FWIW, I don’t use the Logitech drivers…just plug it in and Windows handles it.

does your clock still work without the logitech drivers?

Yes, everything works.

ok, cheers. i’ll try that when the new one arrives then.

does anyone know of a quick and easy way to jsut unistall ALL the logitech flight system stuff that’s currently installed, clean all the usb registry data etc, just to make sure i’m starting fresh when the new one arrives?

1 Like

For more context, when I bought the system Saitek was on it’s way to Logitech and there was another company in the mix (can’t remember the name) that was providing the drivers. I had a nightmare trying to get it to work with the drivers available at the time. Based on a tip at the time, got rid of them and just plugged it into Windows…and it worked. Still using it that way today. Logitech may have updated the drivers and they might work better now. Your problem may just have been a hardware problem.
Anyway, when the replacement comes, try just plugging the system in and rebooting…if that works, off you go flying. If not, then try the current Logitech drivers.

I think the other company was MadCatz?

Yeah, I’ll try that and see what happens. Fingers crossed!

Thanks again for your input.

Logitech/Saitek systens Works, but ARE Very old technology and don’t support New USB funcionalitys Very well. Especialy The Power manegement.

I had to buy a USB Hub with external Power and change ALL windows USB setup to not put to sleep these hardware.

1 Like

As mentioned above, check your USB port sleep settings.
I have a the logitek setup as well.
I had to ensure my USB sleep was off

Yeah, I did check all of those, and everything that device manager sees is set NOT to sleep.

Unfortunately, windows doesn’t even recognize that it’s there anymore. Plugging in doesn’t make any connection sound and I can’t see it anywhere in device manager.

So I’m guessing that either I just had a bad unit from the start and it was always going to die after a couple of days… or possibly when I did the logitech update, it tried to write some firmware or something to the yoke itself, and it didn’t finish what it was doing? So it half worked, until it was completely powered off, and then won’t ever power on again?

Seems like a power supply fault. They often show by blips when trying to start and the built in protection shuts it down. Your possibly lucky because it happened at the start of whats called the bathtub curve of faults and easier to get replacements.

Yeah, in a way, I’m glad it happened so soon. As you say, easy to get it replaced. Still pretty annoying having waited about a week and a half for it to be delivered first time, worked for 2 days then dead. Now got another week at least to wait for delivery of the next one. Seems like it’s something for which Amazon don’t hold stock in the uk. To be fair though, they did place the replacement order before they’ve collected the old one, so at least I don’t have to wait for them to receive the old one back first… they have at least got the ball rolling the minute I requested a replacement.

In case anyone is interested, I’ve now received the replacement yoke system so I’m all back up and running.

I actually did a fresh windows install, due to an issue with my razer tartarus keypads…

But this time, I didn’t install anything from logitech relating to the yoke, rudders, throttle quad, multi panel, switch panel, radio panel. No drivers at all, just let windows handle it all.

Only installed the logitech plugin for msfs. That’s it.

All working fine, with the exception of the time being displayed on the yoke. That does not work, it just displays 00:00 all the time. The stop watch mode DOES work though, it’s just the time mode that doesn’t.

Last time I tried to fix that by installing the logitech drivers, it killed the yoke completely… so I think I’ll just live with it not displaying the time. I can add a digital clock to one of my screens using airmanager anyway.

Just waiting for a second screen to arrive for my air manager setup, then I’ll be all good to go.

Glad that Amazon managed to get my sorted with a replacement within a week. Looking forward to starting all the tutorials again and then completing some flights :smile:

Good news.

1 Like

Final update, hopefully…

Just checked windows update, and it was displaying an optional update (that wasn’t there yesterday, even though it’s obviously not just been released today) for the logitech (saitek) yoke and throttle…I did that and now the yoke shows the time. Fingers crossed it doesn’t die this time. Pretty happy with the setup now.

2 Likes

I recently acquired a new PC (Cyberpower) with Windows 11 pre-installed, downloaded msfs, purchased the Logitech Flight Yoke System and plugged it in, and every function so far works except the clock – always 00:00:00 displayed. I’ve been toying with downloading Logitech’s drivers to see if that would fix the clock, but given your experience, I will leave well-enough alone and live without it.

1 Like

Just to update you, windows itself did a driver update and now my clock works. I’m still on windows 10 though, since first time I tried to go to windows 11, my razer tartarus keypads both stopped working… took ages to get things right again and ended up having to fresh install windows 10… but yeah, windows updates, might have to check optional updates? Mine has been working great with just the windows drivers and the logitech msfs patch thing (not driver, just the thing that makes all the panels work in the sim).

Thank you for the info – I will check out Windows 11 optional updates. Beyond that, however, I’m still inclined to leave well-enough alone.

Optional update in Win 11 fixes clock issue .

I, too, have had power problems. My fist yoke worked well for a few months and then just died. The yoke is not recognized by windows. I ordered a replacement which also has (different) problems. When the replacement yoke is plugged in, Windows 10 recognizes it but a couple of seconds later the connection is broken: the device icon disappears and the yoke clock and throttle quadrant LED go dark. This power on/power off sequence continues forever. After some experimentation discovered that the yoke acts differently between USB 2 and 3. It seems to work when plugged into a USB 2 port, but not USB 3!
On a related note: has anyone been able to power the yokes built-in hub? Ever time I plug an adapter in, the yoke looses power. I have tried numerous adapters, all with the same result. If you have powered the yoke’s hub successfully, please let me know what adapter you used.