London landmarks saga

After nearly one month I’m still waiting for the latest update of ORBX London landmarks (supposed to solve the CTD introduced with SU5) to be loaded onto the markeplace…I used the marketplace cause i liked the idea to save everything in one place but having seen how long it takes for every update I start to think it was a bad idea

6 Likes

Yeaaaah…by the time asobo push the update there will be another MSFS update and then another two months of waiting until asobo releases addon updates and we’re gonna be stuck in an endless cycle lol

1 Like

Yep, will never use the MP again. It’s ridiculous to wait months for an update that is published everywhere else.

3 Likes

I agree with you. It’s just a pity cause I believe the idea to find everything in the same place was definitely good

In theory it sound great, however in practice they have shown it simply does not work. I now only buy 3rd party add ons from their website and source instant updates. I Have a plethora of 3rd party scenery and planes and know exactly where I ordered from…everything has been updated apart from…Ceranado and London city…which I purchashed from release on Sim market, it took them weeks to update it on UK update …once bitten twice shy. All my addons are filed with addonlinker. Prime example there is one payware scenery, I love…best ever for scenery he updated weekly…now its on the market by the time you get updates it be 2030

1 Like

I’m in agreement. I find it hard to understand the enormous gap between the ORBX release of version 2.2.0 on August 13th and still nothing on the Marketplace four weeks later. It’s certainly made me change my thinking on where I buy add-ons.

Hi all
I agree, I was also bitten by buying the marketplace version on London landmarks. I will avoid the marketplace in the future

On a similar point, I was foolish enough bye another scenery from the marketplace, not knowing it was also available from the developer . I bought this after release of sim update 5 and it NEVER worked. I feel it is almost immoral for a company to sell a product that will not work. I requested a refund so I could bye directly from the developer who has patched the add-on weeks ago but MS refused.

Fortunately the developer kindly allowed me to use a copy of the patched scenery so I have that working However my understanding is ORBX will not help in this way (I don’t blame Orbx for not helping, but it wold be nice if they would).

Also, to the best of my knowledge MS are still selling both London Landmarks and the second scenery I bought. What I struggle to understand is how can they still be selling them when the must know that the version they are selling do not work.

Well, good news is that the 2.2 update from Orb-X is finally live on the Marketplace with the September 9th Update. I’ll be trying it later on… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update 2.2 for ORBX London Landmarks (updated in marketplace) has allowed me to once again spawn into the London area without the sim hanging or becoming unresponsive. :grinning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.