Longitude Mod 1.8 incompatible with new upgrade

If so that would suggest that it is a bug with the mod itself. Which is confusing since it works fine for me

Exactly what I thought.
I hadn’t used it in a long time but I discovered otherwise when I attempted to install it myself.

Heard of it but never had the need… where can I find the generator?

This is a link:

I installed the mod and had the same issue as you.
It didn’t show up.
I had to remake the mod’s (not default) layout.json file.
It then worked.
To use the generator, put it’s exe right in the file where the mod’s layout.json file is.
Drag that layout.json on top of the exe, and let it go.
Remove generator, try sim.

But don’t understand when the plane is reinstalled in the content manager a fresh layout is generated, why need a generator?

I got it, the layout included in the mod zip is somehow defective, this generator makes a new one

1 Like

Yes that is what I found.
Not the one that goes in the ASOBO file, the one in the actual mod was the culprit.

But why is it working for some, and not for others?

Wish I could answer that, let’s see if it worked for him.
I also didn’t see too many others with this issue, which is odd.

1 Like

My anti-virus is alerted on the download, it detected some virus signature, but I disabled AV and downloaded anyways… are you sure this is a reliable source?

1 Like

There are tons of posts here on it.
I’ve been using it for a while.

unsuccessful, with the generated layout, MSFS didn’t recognize the mod, because I could tell I was still flying the stock longitude: the ITT was way too high.
Heres what I did: install the mod again (replace the stock layout with the mod layout, copy-pasted the mod into the community folder), then I copies the generator into the asobo longitude folder and dragged the layout over it so a new layout was generated, then started FS I saw 30 ac there, but when I test flew it I knew it was still the stock… anything I didnt do correctly?

Ps I’ll try again to generate the mod layout

You can Tell if the mod is correctly installed in the aircraft sélection menu.
If the speed is something like 48x kt, its the default plane.
Modded is listed at 476kt iirc

1 Like

I generated the layout.json in all possible combinations I still have the stock which is 483 ktas, so I guess it didn’t work…

SInce none of this has helped, this is a “stab in the dark”.
Do you have the rolling cache enabled?
If so, did you try emptying that?

Never used the rolling cache…

Have you tried putting an older layout.json
Maybe from version 1.7 /1.6 / etc ?

yes, tried all previous versions all the way back to 1.5… but it’s always missing from the hangar… I’ve tried mod installation so many times that it has become part of my muscle memory now :frowning:

As a matter of fact I just tried 1.7 and no difference

I believe it is on by default, so unless it was turned off, it may be on.
If it is, turning it off will empty the cache.

If you’re all having a problem with the mod, it sounds like there’s a comma missing somewhere in the layout.json. Either that or a file that is needed is missing from the list. For instance, every .dds file needs a .json file in the texture directories, stuff like that. Or, maybe there’s a panel directory that’s called out in the aircraft.cfg file, but the panel.cfg and panel.xml files are missing from the layout.json.

I’d make sure there’s a comma after every section first, and make sure there’s no comma on the last section.