Looking for a Cessna 210 or equivalent

Greetings,

I currently fly the Carenado Cessna 210T in X-Plane. I was wondering if anyone knows an equivalent type of aircraft that might be available. I don’t want a glass cockpit and prefer steam gauges and the 530/420 GPS stack.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Hi there,
Best to ask this in the Third Party Addon Discussion > Aircraft category. I moved your post there.

None currently exists. Maybe at some point Carenado will make an MSFS version of theirs.

An MSFS aircraft of roughly similar performance and complexity would be Just Flight’s Piper Arrows.

Hhmm, cannot really agree that the Arrow is a reasonable surrogate for a 210. The included Bonanza is much closer to a 210 than the Arrow. Arrow has 4 seats, 200hp 4 cyl engine, 2650lbs max gross vs 6 seats, 300hp and 3,800lbs (210L as example) for the 210. Having flown all 3 (210, Bonanza and Arrow II) quite a bit in real life the Arrow is really not in the same class as the other two. Not to mention the high vs low wing difference.

The included Bonanza has a glass cockpit he explicitly said he didn’t want so I excluded it.

For a retractable gear, single engine GA aircraft with a steam cockpit, options are currently quite limited.

Understood and agree that the pickings are slim for high performance singles. I just waned to be sure the OP was aware that performance and characteristics-wise the Arrow is quite different to the 210.

I personally would quite like a nice steam gauge 210 as well…

Some old, blurry pics of the two 210’s I used to fly:

T210H that I co-owned:

Later model normally aspirated 210L (IIRC) with wife & sleepy kids after a 4 hour trip… :grinning:

10 Likes

The Carenado C182 is probably the closest decent payware aircraft to the C210 at the moment:

1 Like

I converted a legacy 210 over and one problem I had was the elevator did not work right. I flew it around but not really useable due to the downward direction of the evaluator. I converted about four planes and the best one to convert was the lancair iv p from orbits. I would love to have a t210 or p210, lancair iv p, piper malibu cessna 182rg,

The Mooney M20 has a GNS530 navigations system. (And also a Garmin 750 to choose from.)

I am currently reworking the cockpit textures and the texture bug on the foot rest texture pattern mirroring.

You could try this plane - but unfortunately the view down is very limited because of the low-wing design.

And a fully analogue cockpit with superb engine gauges.
But it´s not a high-wing plane and not very similar to a Cessna.

With all due respect to all parties, the Carenado C182T is a slug. And, the sound package is really bad. About the best you can say for it is that it’s pretty.

Not trying to knock Carenado in any way… I hope they bring both the 210 and the Cardinal to MSFS. And if they saw fit to model the Skymaster that would be a day one purchase for me.

The 210 and the 177 are the prettiest Cessnas ever built, IMHO. Besides being really pretty, the swept windscreen makes the view up past the wing better as well.

1 Like

Let me throw in the Trinidad TB 21.

The Carenado C337 might be another good option for you. Incoming soon according to MSFS their facebook announcement.

1 Like

I’m waiting for the p210 too

2 Likes

Love to see a retractable Cessna in the game!

2 Likes

The afore mentioned Carenado Cessna C337H would fit the bill here.

1 Like

Must say I would like to see a C177RG. I always thought it was one of the most beautiful light singles ever built. In real life I flew a C172RG for a handful of hours and quite a lot of hours in the C210 but never had the good fortune to fly the Cardinal RG. I would definitely get one if it becomes available in the game.

4 Likes

If we’re lucky, Carenado may release their C177 package. That would be one I’d buy for certain. If it comes anywhere close to the quality of their most recent release - the C337 - it will be a blast to fly I’d think.

The Cardinal is a very pretty aircraft, and eventually Cessna worked through the early development troubles. Unfortunately, a bad reputation is difficult to shake. Just over 4,000 were built the decade they were available to buy new, so they’re kind of rare.

2 Likes

retractable cessna 182 and 210 would be perfect

1 Like

The 182 RG with the crimson cockpit was an absolute CLASSIC. I loved to fly it.

1 Like

I love my C210, best plane ever… but not available on MSFS 2020 as we all now. So i started flying the Bonanza G36 as an alternative. Some fun facts:

Then i found this: Bonanza G36 Improvement Project » Microsoft Flight Simulator

All very cool stuff.

I still want my Centurian 210T. Just saying…

1 Like