Looking forward to the 22nd - VR!

i7 10700k, 32GB, RTX3070, Reverb G2 …was hoping it would be enough but I am not so shure to be honest if Iam reading you have to push more than 4k.

Maybe look at using VR as a way of providing entertainment for the rest of the family, as VR-users do tend to look a little odd when looking around a cockpit that nobody else can see. That entertainment will get even more intense as and when VR controllers are added.

You’d have to turn the sound up though, to avoid hearing the giggles. Also, the tap on the shoulder, to ask if you want a cup of tea if you’re lucky, or when are you going to stop if you’re not, can be a bit of a shocker. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Been flying X-Plane 11.50 with Vive no problems witth hand controller.

When Microsoft, Valve and HP have been saying they work closely to produce a ‘faultless’ system, it would be beyond a joke for HP Reverb G2 hand controllers to be redundant.

My expectations are to see images of my hands in the VR environment.

Are they software engineers or a bunch of cowboys?

2 Likes

Fit a bolt on the inside of your games room door.

You will know if there is a house fire if the power cuts, :grin:

2 Likes

Cant wait for takeoff.
Motherboard: Asus Rog Hero x11 wifi Z490
55" curved oled Tv, till VR arrives.
CPU: Intel i9-10900K @5.1mhz per core.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 turbo
CPU-Cooler: Liquid cooled 240mm
PSU: Kolink 1200watt Platinum
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4/3600mhz
M.2 NVME SSD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
M.2 NVME SSD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
SSD: NVME Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
5.1 logitech sound system Soundblaster Z.
Next level V3 Motion platform on GT Ultimate rig.
2 Buttkickers on race rig with 300watt earthquake amp.
VR HP Reverb G2
Sim Racing studio wind and tactile generators.
Saitek Hotas.
Alpha Honeycomb flight controls.
Thrustmaster TPR Rudder.

I was going to make a joke that all you need is a big fan to simulate open cockpit flying but then I noticed you had one! Send us a video when you get your VR working. That setup should be a blast.

3 Likes

Yo don’t need to have all settings on ultra, put the game on medium and textures on ultra, you will not notice the difference in VR

2 Likes

Just to assist poor lil ol’ me, what do you mean exactly? A checklist of what’s what and some numbers would help.

Eg, custom setup
Shadows 1024
Render scaling etc etc

Thank you.

Thanks. The SRS generators are first class. They give the appropriate amount of wind depending on direction and speed and in VR feels very real. Much like me after a hot curry but without the unpleasent undertones. LOL.

Maybe true for older headsets, but the cruel irony is in something like the G2 you can definitely notice all the little details from higher settings in games… but given the sheer rendering demands at 80-100% res you can’t turn them all up and get playable frame rates.

In ACC I just sat in the car and dialled everything to the max, got about 10fps on my 2070S but it was beautiful! Pin sharp and amazing detail. Even a 3090 has to fall back to 45fps with those settings though…

Really looking forward to MSFS VR. I’ve got a 3070FE on the way which will help a little but I think we’ll be on to the next generation of cards at least before we can get the most out of current headsets like the G2 or even the Quest 2.

I mean, use the medium preset for all options but put everything related to textures (including render scaling) as high as possible.

You will see things in the distance blurry enough that you don’t need to run the game in high or ultra, however, things close to you (such as textures) you want to have them at the highest possible quality.

That way your performance will be good enough that you can run VR without loosing a lot of vissual quality :wink:

1 Like

cant wait was starting to think i had a 600 quid paper weight role on 22 vr day

Do we know at what Zulu time the VR / Sim update is going to come out tomorrow?

Thanks

1 Like

Are you sure about render scaling? The max is 200% which means it’ll render four times as many pixels as the display has and scale them down for better antialiasing. This would usually drop your frame rate by about 75% if it’s GPU-limited.

Don’t think they’ve ever published an official go live time for updates, just a given day.

Oh no sorry you are right! Don’t put render scaling over 100%!! I though he was talking about the textures slider

1 Like

Does anyone know if the updates usually drop at a certain time?

I’m hoping the 3rd party developers fix the 3d mouse in vr because as if now any 3rd party plane is pretty much unusable in vr becuase the mouse pointer is doubled and there is also no zoom function.

It’s unlikely that third-party developers can change a core simulation feature such as the mouse cursor.

I agree,just wondering what if anything can be done becuase it makes it almost impossible to click on anything especially like the carenado m20.