Looking forward to volocopter

Is there a site for a User Manual? Config?

Q: What in controls can you bind the POSITION HOLD to?

This is far out! :heart: :heart: I’d like the Autopilot controls! :slight_smile:

• No Elevator Trim control w joystick. Unable to fly forward without keeping joystick in forward position. CAN use Keyboard for Elevator Pitch Up and Elevator Pitch Down.

Had a dig in the controls menu for Position Hold and didn’t find anything.

Same question for me on that.

had the same problems with the black avionic screens. The Checklist are really bad for that drone, not very helpful.

Cold and dark doesn’t work for me either, impossible to turn on the navigation display. Anyone a solution for it?

Avionics in cold of dark not working are a known issue (stated under “General”):
“Glass cockpit remains off when starting from cold & dark with the Volocity”

I have to say this thing is really interesting to fly. More stable (and slower) than a helicopter which makes it great for precision landings.

Edit: You can find the release notes here: Game of the Year Edition - Release Notes (1.21.13.0) Sim Update VII Now Available!

Hitting the ‘previous pilot position’ button results in this interesting camera view.

1 Like

Have any helioports on buildings and elsewhere been identified in the World Map to use with the VoloCity?

Perhaps I’m blind but I couldn’t find any autopilot function, only the option to set a flight plan / direct to course to follow manually … which is no fun with having to push the stick all the way forward to keep moving and with the super sluggish handling in general.

It was alright to play around with for 10 minutes, with the grand finale of switching individual engines off in the overhead to see how many engines it takes to keep it in the air (hint 4 are not enough).

Long story short … can I uninstall it to save space? :wink:

you should be able to uninstall it in the content manager, along with anything else you dont want to fly

1 Like

After wondering the same for a while I stumble upon ‘Page up’ that did the work.

I have a question about the Volocopter. I use a TCA Airbus Throttle Quadrant and can’t seem to increase the throttle on the Volocopter. If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate it greatly.

Anyone know if there is a way to assign the Position Hold button to an actual joystick button? It’s a bit of a pain to have to keep going into the cockpit and finding the button, then pressing it etc and then exiting the aircraft again.

I hope someone post a video on Youtube how to fly this plane.

It’s easy if you use a joystick or Yoke. Increase throttle to go up, decrease throttle to go down. Rudder left to turn left, rudder right to turn right. Push forward on yoke or joystick to go forward, and pull back to reverse or stop.

That’s the basics of it.

3 Likes

It’s a waste of time, uncontrollable, tried to move it arround and it just starts spazing arround and crashes

It’s a drone that flies by itself. Just push the stick in the direction you want to go.

In addition to that, in the middle position of the throttle it keeps the altitude by itself. Probably in the real one the up/down thumb control is spring centered.
It must be a cool experience in real life.

Yep, check out this test flight of the VC 200. You can see the spring-centered thumb thingy at 1:45

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.