Looks Like More Delays from 3rd Party Aircraft Developers?

Most of us can live with bugs and issues that these patches cause a lot of users but reading through this just made me cringe. If patches cause these kinds of issues how long do you think it will be before developers can deliver us simmers proper aircraft?

4 Likes

Yep, the constant updates from Asobo isn’t helping the matter.

FSX wasn’t great on launch but it was largely left alone, which allowed 3rd party developers to do their stuff.

Right now, you can understand why 3rd party devs are not wishing to risk time and resources into something that might break by the next update.

FSX was a mess at launch, acceleration/SP2 brought it on track, but was a major rework of the sim and went through thorough testing. And still, they missed a key CFG entry :slight_smile:
Asobo now publish a fix that breaks every single livery that has been made until now. I mean they don’t have to send a notice to anyone, but it’s like reworking very basic parts, I would assume the concrete would have been solid by now and we would only be fixing the decoration.

Yea FSX was a monstrous mess at launch, but I believe a majority of that platform’s issues had to do with its stability. The aircraft and environmental conditions were much more stable than what we have with MSFS. Add in the bi-weekly updates that are making monumental changes to the sim sets up a recipe for months and months of headache and dealing with sub-par aircraft especially. (Not talking about study-level, just default proper aircraft) There was a really good article written up on Flightsim.com that explained this issue very well. I’ll have to track it back down and post it here. However, even with all the people bashing us for being critical, will not be ran off. Short of getting completely axed by Microsobo, this platform will succeed long term. It’s just going to be a very frustrating and painful ride we will be on to get there in the end.

Edit: Here is the link for that editorial from flightsim.com

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?21572-KerrSpectives-State-Of-The-Sim