Losing GPS tracking at Transition on RNAV approaches

Hi @OrigBullethead
You might want to consider looking at the (rather long!) thread which is the official G3000/G5000 thread Garmin G3000/5000 Issues and Support . Several of the issues you bring up are addressed there. For example, the MANSEQ issue. One thing I’d do if you go to this thread is to sort so you only see Bishop’s comments first. Just seeing his responses may clarify some issues, or you can “show all” when you want to see what the question/concern was. The way to sort by him is to go to the top of the thread and click on Bishop398 and in the info that shows up, there will be a box that says he has 19 posts (subject to change in # of posts). Click on that box and you’ll just see just his responses.

A couple of things you bring up, I can comment on. For example, in your paragraph 3, the G3000 is not authorized to fly RNP approaches due to not having the real “required navigation precision” needed to fly those approaches in real life. Frequently, there will be another RNAV(GPS) approach (listed “Y” or another letter) for the same runway. The G3000 can fly those. Main difference to the flyer in the approaches is the minimums, which will be lower for the RNP vs the GPS approaches.
As far as paragraph 2, the ILS approaches not capturing the GS, sometimes it’s also due to limitations on the approach, which unfortunately aren’t listed on the WM. For example, some ILS charts will show “AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED”. The G3000 will not fly those as the sim is set up now. Getting the charts for airports you want to fly to is an issue in some regards. I use Flightaware to see most charts in the US but there are lots of alternatives. Assuming you’re clicking the APR button before the GS diamond passes the middle of the mark as it moves down, then there is some issue with the ILS. Several possible issues…

Paragraph 1, there are definitely issues with discontinuities. The G3000 will go into “SUSP” mode when it hits one of those disconnects. Generally, the way around is to use the direct-to mode to go to the next waypoint, where the flight will continue on until it hits another disconnect. One issue with waypoints sometimes being way to far apart and in the wrong direction sometimes, is that the first point of an arrival route may not be a very good fit for where the enroute fixes end. That’s a limitation of the current sim. I normally try to edit the waypoints once I’ve realized where the sim is trying to send me!
Hope some of this helps.
Regards

1 Like