Losing mouse control on Xbox Series S/X

Same here. so annoying, for such an otherwise great experience…

1 Like

Not only is it annoying that we dont even get a single answer in the dev streams but even the community manager @Jummivana doesnt even answer which makes most of us that also use Xbox feel ignored and completely abandoned. When will this even get fixed ?? This month ?? Before christmas ?? Next year ?? In 10 years ??? Some info would be so welcome.

4 Likes

Yes, the mouse bugs just like the Hotas One bugs are a real shame.

Regarding the mouse on Xbox, I noticed another bug that I can easily reproduce (I opened another topic here) and related to device detection.

Obviously, the detection of usb peripherals is buggy, but above all, that of the mouse seems a bit different from the others. As I explained in the other topic, when we open the “CONTROLS OPTIONS” page, we see the list of devices and it is dynamically updated.

If we connect the mouse first, the detection seems to work. And when we add peripherals (keyboard, joystick) we see them appear / disappear individually according to the manipulations made. But for the mouse, I noticed that its disconnection erased the list. For example, if you also have a keyboard connected, it disappears and then reappears after a few seconds. On the other hand, for the Hotas One joystick, it disappears permanently!

It’s weird, but here we can clearly see that mouse detection works differently from other devices. “Mouse pointer lost” bugs may be no stranger to this detection system.

How can I reproduce this issue? I’ve just received my wireless mouse and keyboard set (Logitech MK470) for use with my Xbox Series S. Is it just a matter of flying and then trying to use my mouse?

By definition, this bug is not easy to reproduce since it does not occur systematically.

However, it seems that it happens often when you are in the “WORLDMAP” and explore the map to create a flight.
When you move a lot with the mouse on the map, that you use the wheel to zoom and the buttons to select the airports, it happens sooner or later that the cursor does not move any more (while the wheel and the buttons still work).
I have seen this myself with a wired mouse, using a USB extender.

When this happens, the mouse no longer makes the cursor move, on the other hand, we can use the Xbox controller, and there, the cursor changes and we can move with the joypad, and zoom with the mouse wheel!

3 Likes

Centre mouse click and right mouse click also work too along with mouse movement control of views, it’s just the cusor movement that goes missing/gets locked up along with left click functionality, and minus a FS reboot it doesn’t come back.

1 Like

Are they going to fix this issue? Or does anyone have any tips to make the mouse work for MORE THAN 2 MINS!!!?

I’ve been flying a lot on my laptop (much lower res) and have been appreciating a non bugged UI re mouse. I jump onto the Series X this morning load a flight paln in the C4J and 15 min in mouse cursor goes. I mean it’s ridiculous that this isn’t a top xbox priority by now. It’s way to restrictive to fly some of these aircraft minus a mouse. I had to resort to ‘fix’ of jumping out to another game (as suggested, i works thank you, but is a real pain to have to do). Very frustrating. The thing that is most annoying though is that there isn’t a sign of a fix yet. Not impressed. :rage:

3 Likes

I got also no feedback on my tickets… i dont know

1 Like

I’ve had this bug since the sim was released on Xbox, but unfortunatelly could not recreate it on purpose. After SU6 the frequency reduced a lot, but now it just came back. It happens to me almost everyday, and just gets sorted out for a while after closing and reopening the sim.

Isnt it a long time since the bug was logged now? Still nothing…

I’ve been using a mouse since release on Xbox Series S. Prior to sim update 6 I only saw this issue every 10 flights or so and a restart would fix it. It is much more frequent now and I’m now also losing the left click. Even if cursor is still there, I can’t select anything, the left click doesn’t work. This is new within the last few days. After 4 or 5 restarts of the game it will work again. Anyone else with this issue?

1 Like

Mouse not working in cockpit on Xbox Series X. It doesn’t matter if the mouse is wired or wireless. I tried many solutions such as turning the game on and off, but no results.
Mouse not working, making flight unpleasant.
I’m really fed up with this problem…

I am having the problem of the mouse left click not working once FS2020 loads up. I can see the mouse cursor but can not click anything. I usually have to restart the Xbox a few times and it comes good again.

Still no answer anywhere if this is even being looked at, event the community manager @Jummivana remains completely silent even after me and others asked if she can answer if they are looking into it and hopefully fix this.

1 Like

I need help!
Im on Xbox series s and my mouse appear but the clicks don’t work… is there something I can do?

1 Like

Try closing and reloading the sim until mouse works fine… For me, it usually comes back on the first attempt.

Just as a reference point, having switched nearly totally to using FS on my PC now (partly due to this issue), the PC seems to occasionally lose the mouse cursor control too. On PC, you can easily get it back by hitting ‘ESC’ on keyboard to the ‘pause’ menu and then back in, or temp switch to windows and back and it returns. Not sure if it’s the same FS issue causing both, but it does seem to happen occasionally on PC version. You just don’t have to quit FS to fix it.

1 Like

I’ve already tried pausing the sim and leaving to the Xbox dashboard but neither action brought the cursor back. Maybe will try again next time this happens, just in case anything changed :grimacing:

No, the XBox is definitely different in that a restart of FS is required OR a soft quit and launch another game and then back into FS. I really hope they fix it but I’m fed up with waiting so it’s PC for me now.

1 Like