Losing mouse control on Xbox Series S/X

That’s my thoughts too. XBox should have it’s own bug category much like VR does. I mean XBox surely has a wider audience base than VR! I just think that some issues may be PC issues manifesting themsleves differently or worse on XBox like this mouse issue. Voting for bugs is a really bad idea when one platform has been around for over a year and the other is 4 months old.
The issues on XBox and the lack (to me) of any sign of them even recognising the issues on XBox (like this bug) has led me to switch to PC, as I really don’t want to wait another year for xbox fixes to arrive (assuming they do). I love the XBox X platform am amazed by how they got FS working on it, but I hate the restrictions, slow content (plane releases) and lack of bug recognition. IMO they are largely catering for the casual XBox controller market and not those of us who try to sim on XBox with KB, Mouse etc. I’m now done with XBox because of this, but still hope it succeeds as a sim platform. I just can’t be bothered waiting for the kinks to be ironed out any longer.

2 Likes

Could not agree more. It’s mind blowing the monthly snapshot only includes 24 bugs that aren’t VR specific. HUGE lack of transparency.

Can’t wait for all the softball questions in todays Q/A.

“This one is for Jörg: hOw dO u mAkE mSFs sO go0d??? iS tHeRe eVeN rO0M 4 iMpRoVeMeNT??? XD”

2 Likes

I hope SU8 has XBox fixes for you all. In the meantime you will have to try to enjoy the new content of SU7 whilst having your mouse lose control every other session. It’s a major issue, but I fear too niche for the bug radar as perhaps there are not enough mice users on Xbox.
The PC(laptop) solution isn’t perfect (I’m running lower res) I still quite frequently need to reboot FS on it too, but I now have freedom to install what I like (freeware, liveries, 3rd party add ons etc) and a mouse that for the most part behaves itself, and a platform that is very stable.
ps. if anyone is considering selling their XBox to go down the PC route right now is an excellent time, just ahead of Christmas and with the series X in short retail supply. I got back what I paid for it 5 months on.

2 Likes

This bug was raised in today’s Q/A. No one knew if it was fixed or not for SU7. Literally no update other than they “hope” it was fixed. :neutral_face:

1 Like

and Sim Update 8 won’t be released until late February, and bug fixes won’t be in World Update 7 (late January) by the sounds of things. No more fixes planned in future WUs.

Yeah it was crazy, I kept asking the question and all they say is fhat they dont know if it was fixed smh.

Well the update is out but still no fix for this issue, WHEN WILL WE EVER GET A FIX!!! Come on @Jummivana please talk to the team and please come on in here and answer we feel completely abandoned and ignored on the Xbox Side.

5 Likes

This isnt just a XBOX issue, its on PC too. I am super angry that this isnt fixed! Along with many other weird bugs.!

Also, when in external cam and you pan the camera with right click hold the controls dont freeze! What is this stupid logic! What are these devs doing, plus now when you toggle the free look with the middle mouse it resets zoom which bugs everyone off completely!

1 Like

I can confirm this is still happening on Xbox after SU7. I’ve just had a CTD after loading the flight, and after restarting the sim and loading the flight again mouse cursor was lost, the only way to recover it was reloading the sim (again) could not make it work by leaving the sim nor opening another game. I’ve been trying to fly for about 15 minutes without success :joy:

5 Likes

It does happen on PC but it manifests differently. On XBox the cursor is still visible and right and middle mouse clicks still work, the cursor itself is unmovable and the left click doesn’t work. On PC the mouse cursor just disappears in the cockpit and no amount of moving the mouse brings it back, but it was easily retrievable by hitting ‘ESC’ key on KB to go back to the ‘pause/options’ menu, then back in to cockpit and mouse cursor/control is back. This ‘fix’ doesn’t work on XBox, you either have to reboot the sim or soft close/suspend it and open another game that has mouse control in it then go back into FS which is a highly frustrating process! It could be the exact same issue just manifesting itself in different ways, but who knows for sure. Seems to happen way more frequently on XBox than on PC though from my experience.

Still happening on the odd occasion, seriously how this not been fixed!!!

It happens most often for me when im in the world map, my mouse cursor will just stop dead on screen.

I have to restart that game to get connectivity back.

This is on series x.

Im amazed this is still not fixed after it being reported ages ago.

1 Like

Since SU7 I cannot use the mouse for more than 10 minutes in the aircraft. Makes the sim unusable. Disappointed in an understatement.

2 Likes

Hi Folks,
Mouse issue in MSFS Xbox X|S solved.
I know that lots of people have had issues with the mouse problem on Xbox X|S and here is what I have done to resolve it. I can replicate the fault and fix it again every time with these simple steps.

1. Start MSFS and log out.
  2. Take wired mouse out of USB (if it is wireless you could take the batteries out)
  3. Go to Xbox home screen and then settings, General/sleep mode/restart now
  4. When Xbox restarts Do Not Switch the controller on and remove the USB Connector
  5. Using your keypad go to MSFS tile using tab or arrow keys when selected hit enter
  6. Let MSFS start by hitting any key I use delete. Sign in to your user name by hitting enter key let the game start and when it gets to the welcome screen plug in your mouse USB and left key world map the mouse will work
  7. Now you can plug in you controller and that will work with the mouse.
  8. Very important: IN FUTURE DO NOT DO A FULL SHUTDOWN, AS THIS CAUSES THE PROBLEM, HOLD IN Xbox KEY AND SELECT TURN OFF CONSOLE and when you switch back on again your mouse will work with controller. You must always shut down in this way or your mouse will not work again and you will have to restart from the beginning.
    Hope this help you.
1 Like

Thank you very much for the additional work around. Just to be clear, in case the right folks are reading this thread, the issue hasn’t really been “solved;” the community has just managed to find another (somewhat onerous) way of managing the problem. I remain hopeful that this issue will be more permanently fixed through a patch of some sort so no gymnastics are required to have a working mouse.

3 Likes

This is unacceptable that they have not fixed this issue yet? How can it be almost 5 months now? Are these guys all idiots that work there? Can’t figure it out ? Or just lazy? It ruins the experience

2 Likes

Its just getting completely ignored, they dont seem to care about the Xbox customers anymore, even the community manager @Jummivana doesnt respond in here with an update so going by that alone tells me and others that its not taken seriously!

4 Likes

I appreciate the effort of some who found workarounds but honestly it is rediculus that Asobo/Microsoft didn’t find a solution for this mouse disappearing issue.

Same off topic here but also mentioned the huge increase of CTD since SU7.

No reaction nothing from them.

I really don’t want to wait till February for next SU - if they solve these bugs. I really have no hope.

Asobo/Microsoft bring msfs to xbox to make money and know they leave xbox Users completely alone with all these bugs.

Thanks for that.

2 Likes

Could not duplicate this workaround.

1 Like

Sorry. It worked for me on lots of occassions. Another thing I investigated was my USB hub, my peripherals are plugged into USB3 and I did think of trying USB2 type but the other process worked for me.
Regards.

Which hub do you have? Cheap?