Losing mouse control on Xbox Series S/X

This what I do as well. I called Microsoft Xbox support and they told me to a complete power off and then unplug power cord. Unplug usb keyboard or usb w/l adapter (thumb drive). Power up Xbox (I leave my hotas one plugged in) . My mouse works once I’m in flight simulator. And then I connect the USB keyboard. This seems to work but then in a day or two it will stop working. I’m not sure if that’s because I turn my console off at night or if it falls asleep or just has a mind of its own. Lol

I know I’ve said this before, but I think it’s part of wider mouse/cursor issue in FS. I’m running FS on my laptop now having now sold my series X, but I have lost count of the number of times my mouse control disappears mainly in the cockpit (A320NX). Now you can get mouse cursor back on PC by hitting ESC or indeed ALT-TAB switching back to windows, where I’m guessing the mouse control UI just gets an ‘auto refresh’ in this process, but it gets quite annoying if you are having to do it twice every fight. Also worthy of note is that the bit of the UI that caused most hangs on XBox - the flight planner can IMO be quite glitchy from a mouse perspective on PC especially all the drop down menus, which look windows esque but are definitely not as smooth in function as windows dropdowns.
What I’m trying to say is that as glitchy and painful as it is to get XBox mouse cursor to recover it could be related to the more fundamental sim UI cursor issues. Maybe it’s not a critical issue on PC as users can just deal with it easily, but without having a shortcut to refresh the cursor UI during the game on XBox it manifests into a more serious bug/bad experience. In my opinion it would be a good idea if such a setting as ‘refresh UI’ option was selectable on a prominent XBox menu until such time that wider UI issues can be addressed.

Hi, I have a 4 port USB 3.0 Superspeed but it wasn’t expensive, probably bought it from Ebay. I have also used my USB 2 hub (also a cheap one) when I lost mouse control and managed to use my work around to get it back, I then changed back to my USB 3 hub.
I lost mouse control again the other day but that day I had backed up my Xbox series S settings to an external drive so when the mouse would not work I restored my settings and that too fixed the problem without using the work around.

Moderator Edit:
Hi all
I also have this problem, but not having used my console for 1 week, wanting to use it today, already I had to make an update of the console unexpected … then now, I can no longer interact with the buttons in the cockpit with my mouse, regardless of the aircraft, while it works very well in the menu, I am lost, I have already cleared the cache, put the mouse on default setting, exit the sim and turn off the console etc … It drives me crazy to look for topics with the topic, I also ask for help on all the groups on which I am subscribed but nothing. Do you have a solution?

bonjour à tous,
j’ai aussi ce problème, mais n’ayant pas utilisé ma console depuis 1 semaine, voulant l’utiliser aujourd’hui, déjà j’ai eu à faire une mise à jour de la console inattendu… puis maintenant, je n’arrive plus à interagir avec les boutons dans le cockpit avec ma souris, ce peu importe l’aéronef, alors qu’elle fonctionne très bien dans le menu, je suis perdu, j’ai déjà vidé le cache, mis la souris sur paramètre par défaut, quitter la sim et éteint la console etc… Ça me rend fou de chercher des topics avec le sujet, je demande aussi de l’aide sur tous les groupes sur lesquels je suis abonné mais rien. Auriez-vous une solution ?

Unreal that we are now 4 months further after i first started the topic and reported the issue and still no FIX and not even a worth from Asobo or even a worth from the community manager @Jummivana why are we being ignored ??? Why can we not get a straight answer as to when this will be fixed ?? It’s not even on their todo list for crying out loud!

4 Likes

We should be getting weekly, if not daily updates on this. Instead it’s the complete opposite: complete radio silence. Unbelievable.

Even Easier

When on MSFS Home screen unplug mouse Press Xbox Key on controller to go to Xbox home screen.
Tab along to profile and sign out it will log out of Xbox and MSFS
Long press Xbox key and select restart it will restart with controller turned off so unplug it.
Using the keypad open MSFS Hit Any Key and sign in.
Let the game load all the way to the home screen then plug in mouse and click on world map it should go to the globe.
If that worked you can now plug in the controller.
Very important: IN FUTURE DO NOT DO A FULL SHUTDOWN, AS THIS CAUSES THE PROBLEM, HOLD IN Xbox KEY AND SELECT TURN OFF CONSOLE and when you switch back on again your mouse will work with controller. You must always shut down in this way or your mouse will not work again and you will have to restart from the beginning.

I certainly wouldnt recommend doing this, people have lost all their saved settings and progress this way. Even support warned against doing this as its then your own fault if you lose everything

I think the easiest way to recover this is simply using Quick Resume function by open another game via Quick Resume and switch back to MSFS. Once this is done mouse will work (at least for a random time - it might be possible that freeze comes up again but can be recovered by switching games).
This is of course not really a workaround but will help pilots not to quit the game completely and will allow to resume your flight.

@Jummivana since there are a lot of Xbox users affected, can we please get a statement that Asobo is looking into this? This thread is now open since months but we feel ignored so far. Thanks!

2 Likes

I am shocked how long this bug has been going unfixed. The mouse on my X and s has only been playing up since last week . I feel for the rest of you being ignored with this problem

Btw just tried it to see if it works but no it doesnt, after 30 min mouse is stuck again

Sadly i thought i had the issue as i plugged in hotax and keyboard and mouse in a UGREEN hub and maybe these hub is not getting enough juice. i was thinking of getting a wireless keyboard mouse but glad after reading above its sad to know that indeed after being over excited game is unplable with this stupid bug!

has any one checked if wireless keyboard mouse are having same issues or is it just wired ones.? i am using wired via hub and i thought hun was cheep but seems like a well documented bug!

Same issue for both - we already tried nearly everything :wink:

Wow thanks for that Patrick, the fix works for a while but you do have to repeat. I did not know that you could lose your settings by doing this but I have lost some recently and also pilot log and achievments. Can you point me to the article from Microsoft that tells us about this? I can’t imagine how taking these steps could lead to loss of data, I have been restarting computers for forty years and never met any problems.

So I jump onto Flight Sim after a while, download latest updates, have had no issues with mouse (CTD’s resolved for me in previous update)

And bang, issues with my mouse. Never had such issues before. Mouse is defo connected and working, as holding the right click allows me to pan the camera around, but mouse movement stops working.

Is this same issue others have found? I have tried USB hubs, USB extension leads, but if the mouse was not working, then clicks and right click would not work.

Very frustrating.

2 Likes

Just ask support there is not any article out there its just that we tried all kind of workarounds and they work for maybe 30 min to an hour but if you ask support they give you these warnings.

Best thing I found is when it happens is start a 2nd game, close that game and go back to MSF with quick resume then you got mouse control again but most kf the times I have to do this every 5 to 10 minutes which becomes very annoying that i have just given up on that too

1 Like

And for those asking, it makes no difference if you use wired or wireless keyboardsand mouses, makes no difference what kinda hub you use as I have tried 26 different hubs from friends and family, tried different mouses and keyboards etc. Its definitely a MSFS issue that Asobo and Microsoft need to fix but keep on ignoring!

1 Like

Thanks. If I activate the mouse it usually lasts for the complete session and sometimes when I close console and restart the next day it will work but not if I do a full shut down.
Regards
John

So far over an hour mouse problem free on each of SX and SS. Thanks