Losing mouse control on Xbox Series S/X

There are different games with mouse support

Different games have mouse support but not every game.

Well I googled the list of games that support mouse useā€¦ looks like Iā€™ll give minecraft a try just to see how well it works and if switching between the two solves anything.

Edit: as expected switching between the two didnā€™t help.

Well no surprise the latest list of ongoing fixes heading into 2022 do not include the Mouse freezing issues for Xbox! Itā€™s like Xbox sim pilots AE second class citizens.

1 Like

No, they already stated that Xbox simmers will not be treated as second class gamers (see post Longterm for XBox - #232 by Crunchmeister71 )ā€¦hopefully :wink:
Furthermore, Iā€˜m happy that this stupid bug gets finally some attention from dev-team (see latest developer update mid of December).
They have not identified the root cause but I fell confident that this will be fixed soon.

Really annoying bug thatā€™s hopefully fixed in the next update. Canā€™t complete a flight anymore without losing the mouse on series x :unamused:

2 Likes

I pause the SIM start up YouTube, start a video then go straight back to the flight simulator and most of the times the mouse is waiting

Get this same problem of mouse freezing here on my xbox. For me, it happens all the time in the map mode though. Very annoying to restart the game hope they fix this.

1 Like

Yes I have exactly the same issue and the bug occurs very often since 2 days now. I canā€™t fly anymore.

This has been happening since day one! Come on MS/ Asobo please fix if your serious about sim pilots on Xbox platform

Hello I have a problem with the mouse cursor on xbox, during a flight all of a sudden it disappears and impossible to access the menu and the instruments. Would it be better to have a wired mouse instead of a wireless mouse? Thank you

I have this issue also on series x

2 Likes

This is a known issue. Please see below thread:

me to on series s ā€¦

i need mouse and keyboard support on xbox. please fix it back when it worked

1 Like

Exactly the same issue for me on Xbox series X

The mouse also freeze in the menu. I canā€™t fly properly, this is so frustrating.

I thought Iā€™d share some workarounds I have recently found that (have worked for me) on how to fix the mouse not being able to click and losing the mouse on Xbox Series X. Iā€™m not sure if another person has already recommended these workarounds above.

Problem: Lost ability to click on stuff once loaded into the menu or in the cockpit.

Solution: Restart sim with the keyboard plugged out. Once MSFS has loaded up and you are in the menu, plug the keyboard back in.

Problem: Lost mouse in cockpit or mouse is frozen in the cockpit.

Solution: Go to Xbox settings ā†’ General ā†’ Sleep mode & startup ā†’ select Full shut-down (I would also select the Energy Saver option for Sleep mode which will turn off the Xbox completely every time you turn it off) The Full shut-down option will turn off the Xbox completely instead of the Xbox typically going onto standby when turned off. Once the Xbox has turned off, you can turn it back on to resume siming in MSFS.

2 Likes

Really hope they fixed it in the next update. Every time the mouse freezed

This does not work. I do this all the time and nothing.

This issue has gotten worse for me. Is happening 3 or 4 times a session. Usually happens when Iā€™m on the map selectinging a flight but have had the odd in flight freeze too.
I open Youtube then close it and resume with MSFS. Pain in the backside but works for me. Beats restarting the sim everytime.

There is simpler and faster to recover the mouse:
Starts another game and MSFS will go to Quick Resume. Returns to MSFS and the mouse will be OK. ( Optional : Return to the second game and close it to free the RAM of the console and resume MSFS again )