Losing mouse control on Xbox Series S/X

Hi,
Well did some flying today on my Xbox after I installed the patch to version 1.18.14.0 and the mouse was working all the time. The day before I lost mouse control several times.
It’s weird.

Yeah I had that earlier first it workes for like an hour straight then the next time it was immediatly frozen when i got to the main menu after thr sim started, another time it happened after 6 minutes flying and another time after 35 minutes. Its random and strange. Im now trying out a tip someone gave to see if that works with having the mouse sensitivity set at 100.

Mouse sensitivity at 100 didnt fix it either just got stuck again, this is driving me up the wall.

1 Like

Played for almost 2 hours and poof it got frozen again, it really makes no sense sometimes it freezes within 2 to 3 minutes and another time 30 minutes or more. Really hope we get a fix for this soon.

2 Likes

And just happened again this time while i was picking my airport on the world map all of a sudden it wouldnt move again. Really hope this gets fixed it becomes more annoying each time it happens.

1 Like

Mouse woes for me too

My mouse button stopped working on the XBOX but worked fine on my computer. I then purchased a Microsoft mouse in the hope that it would be more compatible and it worked… for a while. Cursor moves but buttons don’t work. Then even the cursor went away. I’ve restarted multiple times. Using the xbox controller for is just not as good as using a mouse so I feel stuck.

Finally I tried a cold restart – unplugged power to the XBOX then restarted and now the mouse works fine!
I’m new to the sim and run on an XBOX S. Loving it but want a more stable platform.

stay tuned…

So the mouse worked for a while even restarting the FS, then I tried a console restart and mouse buttons stopped working. Tried a cold restart and mouse cursor worked during startup of the FS but then stopped. No cursor no buttons. Clearly there is no simple fix.

1 Like

Let me know if it keeps on working for you, for me the buttons work and the scroll wheel but the mouse dont move, it does at first but after a bit it stops and gets stuck on screen. Will try the cold restart see if that indeed solves it but not keeping my hopes up. But will try it out, hopefully that works and that it only works for like an hour lol

1 Like

Yep. That’s why I said stay tuned.

Mouse worked for a couple of hours. I went to another game then came back to FS and mouse worked fine. Then I did a restart of the console and… Cursor works but not the mouse buttons!

Just tried it, leff the xbox without power for 10 min then plugged back in and started up, still lost mouse control after 4 minutes this time

1 Like

Well did some bush flying on Xbox, no mouse control all the sudden and then I even got a frozen screen, had to restart my Xbox…

its so annoying and so random, hope they take a good look at it and give us a fix.

1 Like

Having the same issue on Xbox Series S as well. Mouse stops responding after a few minutes on the menus.

My PC version is currently having a lot of CTD issues, so not being able to use KB/M on Series S means I can’t get any “serious” flight time in until some fixes arrive.

1 Like

Another day with constant mouse frustration, surely Asobo must have figured this out by now. Hope we see a fix soon

3 Likes

A few days later my mouse is working perfectly! Don’t know why. I did have to move my whole system because I was taking up too much space in the kitchen. In any case, mouse works.
Who knows why?

For me still notnworking even tried a complete xbox series x reset but that didnt fix it either, talked ro many others on reddid and discord having the same issue no one been able to find a solution. Given up for now until microsoft fixes it

Not sure if I can say the mouse is working “perfectly”. Today while in flight the the mouse got stuck in right click mode so wherever I pointed the mouse, that’s where I was looking and could not interact with any control. I tried click on the mouse button to try to get it unstuck but to no avail.

I terminated the flight…

I hope we can get this fixed in this next hotfix

it wasnt fixed today!

If that is true then That just blows, but how do you know since the update aint even out yet ???

I’m on Xbox Series S as well, and having the same mouse problems as others.

• It worked for 3 hours with no problems yesterday, on 2 or 3 flights. I could use it to navigate menus and in the cockit to adjust instruments and views.

• Today, and the day before that, the mouse cursor freezes and mouse buttons no longer function either straight away on the ‘push button to start’ screen, or after a few minutes in the main menu.

• I’ve only tried using my mouse for 3 days; I’d say it’s only worked during 33% of my game sessions

• Sometimes connecting the controller after I’ve loaded the game causes the mouse issues to occur

• Sometimes loading the game with controller connected causes the mouse cursor to not show up at all, and/or the buttons will not work

2 Likes