Losing mouse control on Xbox Series S/X

Yeah happens a lot right at themain menu, hope they fix it fast

3 Likes

Confirmed issue not fixed with 1.18.15.0 update, was hoping they fixed it but no they didnt. Really hope this gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

This is annoying. The mouse was working fine a couple of days ago. What has changed to mess it up??

2 Likes

Never worked fine for me, been an issue on xbox since launch last week

1 Like

Mine worked intermittently before but now it’s not even recognised at all (tried it in another game and it works fine) - I have hotas, mouse, controller and keyboard and can’t even seem to be able to do really basic things - it’s so frustrating to the point of making the game unplayable (as I have to pause - try an work out what button I should be pressing as the hotas one msfs suggests is incorrect - and I can’t use my mouse to select something

)

3 Likes

Got the same stuff, mouse, keyboard, xbox controller and hotas one. Manged to get the Hotas One setup just fine just was a mess since buttons are labelled and set incorrectly but after an hour managed to get it set right as I wanted too. As for my mouse sometimes it works for a short while but most times it freezes right at the main menu. It really bums me out that there aint no fix for this issue yet as if its getting ignored. Sure we can use the controller but that aint a solution when using the hotas stick, we want to quickly be able to change things in the cockpit with the mouse with not having to lose control of the aircraft.

3 Likes

It’s not working for me since the latest hot fix. Before that, the problem was intermittent and could mostly resolved via a restart or disconnecting/reconnecting. Now, there is no way to get the mouse to work. If I don’t touch the controller on boot-up, I can move the cursor with the mouse but the buttons don’t work at all. As soon as I touch the left joystick of the controller, the mouse cursor disappears and any mouse clicks are U/S. I mapped my Xbox controller to be basically a mouse now, but it’s really annoying to not be able to use an actual mouse instead.

1 Like

told ya! Asobo dont want to fix the small issues first!

2 Likes

I find this to be a really bizarre (and very frustrating) issue.

My mouse worked again for the last 6 hours of gameplay. But today, again, it won’t work.

It’s possible for me to tell whether it’s working or not on the ‘push button to start’ screen. If I can left-click there, it’s all good. If not, then the mouse cursor will show but no buttons work, until I click the left-stick on the controller, at which point the controller cursor appears and the mouse cursor disappears or freezes.

1 Like

Someone needs to look into this. Super annoying. Mouse freeze’s in the world map or in the hangar or in the marketplace or mid flight or just on the loading screen. Three flights in it’ll freeze. It freezes while you’re locked in on the trim pitch. It freezes in the settings. It freezes in all camera views. It freezes over my house. It freezes over yours. It freezes over Walter White’s. It freezes here and there and everywhere a mouse can stop.

2 Likes

Yeah, these K&M bugs need to be fixed. It’s a joke. Razer turret not supported, Mouse cuts out mid flight or middle of the main menu, forcing a restart.

I’ve given up on this game for a little bit, the performance issues and bugs just simply are too much. I’ll be playing splitgate for a little while now.

1 Like

I really hope Asobo / Microsoft comes with a fix soon

2 Likes

Same. The click still works but cursor won’t move at all. Extremely frustrating.

Btw anyone knows how I can vote for this topic? It says my vote is limited but I have never voted elsewhere.

4 Likes

You have to meet a few qualifications to vote for topics. Since your a new user, you have to read a few topics, comment on a few topics, spend 10 minutes reading topics and spend like 20 minutes reading the forums, something along that line.

Just spend a little more time here, reading posts and commenting, and you’ll be able to vote in no time.

What K&M are you using by chance?

Thanks! Yeah that’s fair enough.

The mouse I am using is just a random wireless mouse from Amazon. Not a decent one but works fine with my laptop

Yeah, as you’ll notice, a lot of K&M issues on Flight Simulator.

Did you try and see if the mouse works with any other supported games first? Some mouses don’t work on the Series X as is.

I have the series S a HP mouse wired and the Hotas one. I cannot get the mouse buttons or wheel to work. I have tried everything it just won’t do anything. Then I tried to use my controller to interact with the cockpit and my plane does a complete nose dive and the engine power is cut. How is that even possible? I was able to successfully map the right buttons though so that’s a start. LOL

Yup should have clarified, Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 on Xbox has issues with all peripherals, including the “Officially Licensed” ones, doesn’t matter if you have a basic Mouse and Keyboard, or if you have the expensive officially licensed Razer Turret K&M combo, a Flight Stick, or the officially licensed T-Flight HOTAS, they all have issues in one way shape or form, and don’t work as they should nor expected.

I’ve been playing Splitgate, and it’s a game made by 4 people. It’s not perfect, it has its bugs, but even they got K&M right on that game, and the bugs aren’t game breaking. Asobo on the other hand just can’t do it with their massive team.

Might have to start calling them Asobo, cause their team is so ■■■ they can’t even fix their own game.

This isn’t even the top of the iceberg when it comes to problems with the game, performance issues on series X, broken marketplace charging customers and no items in return, peripherals not working as they should, hell even something as simple as the Taxi ribbons in the game don’t work half the time, and the ribbons lead off the runway whenever they are turned on.

What a joke

1 Like

Having the same issue. As soon as I use the controller or the keyboard for anything my mouse cursor disappears. My normal solution would be to not use the controller but mouse clicks do not do anything when trying to select anything in menus. I cannot stand using the controller in the cockpit as it takes too long to do anything so grounded for now. The best bit is this is with a Razer Turret, the official mouse for Xbox! And judging by the age of some of these bug threads getting the mouse to work on Xbox one is going to be way down on the list of priorities.

2 Likes

Hopefully afix comes soon for this annoying problem, i like to use the mouse for my cockpit controls

1 Like