Losing mouse control on Xbox Series S/X

Nothing. Done what was suggested and my mouse cannot operate left and right buttons still - where that hammer

Remember what I said earlier. I have my HAT1 left to view an instrument view. This is MFD. when I use the HAT1 and go right switch to PFD I can use the mouse as normal?

:ā€™( I am so sorry. Out of ideas, for now.

I know. But many thanks for your input. @MelvinQuebec

1 Like

So I have created a new Xbox account and set up again. It looks like it worked but I have to see in the morning. Itā€™s been along day

So mouse and Velocity one works. The keyboard is in the river.

Thanks to all and I will report back

PS - does anyone know how to change your ingame name

2 Likes

So glad that seems to have solved the issue. If you can, report your findings to Asobo via Zendesk.

Hereā€™s the info on changing your Gamertag:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

1 Like

Zen desk? I will definitely as this has wiped out 450 flight hours and the like.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Yes the problem, as I stated earlier, is the keyboard. Try removing the keyboard, start the game all the way over (Xbox button, go to game, push the start button and go to ā€œcloseā€). Then start the game fresh.
The keyboard is the culprit for the mouse becoming unclickable. Iā€™m certain of that on my end. If I remove my keyboard then Iā€™ll occasionally loose the mouse icon/arrow whatever itā€™s called but I do not experience the clicks not working. They are two separate issues.

Well itā€™s a good point but after removing the keyboard from the Xbox, I bother words removing the dongle, nothing changed.

The problems lie with binding a key to an external view, that you still cannot do btw even with the HAT switch. I am talking a fixed view from say the wing tip. When you go to that view you canā€™t get back to the cockpit. Well I couldnā€™t.

Hi I have an extensive discussion on another thread about this where using Xbox I plugged in a keyboard and this resulted in me having to create a new profile and start the sim all over again.

So there was a solution and you are using a keyboard with no issues? Could you provide what you did or post a link to the other thread?

When activating my cursor and moving it left or right the yoke would actually move with it. Causing me to swerve all over the place and turn autopilot off. Itā€™s a mess and have not gotten it to work correctly. So I use a mouse instead, but like so many have pointed out. That disappears or stops working all the time.

@EchoEightSix no, I donā€™t have a fix. I had to create a brand new identity on Xbox and then map the velocity one from scratch

I also donā€™t use a keyboard. The keyboard is in the garden pondā€¦.

1 Like

Itā€™s been 6 months since the sim in out on xbox and I donā€™t understand why this bug is still not fixedā€¦ It should be on the top of the list of bugs to fix ASAP (with the CDTs) since day one !! Itā€™s so annoyingā€¦

Iā€™m gonna flood the chat of the Q&A tonight with this bugā€¦

Is already in the top bugs but they need to figure out how to reproduce the bug and found a solution. Is not that easy

Look at this. Scroll to the Community Triage Update section. Itā€™s been mentioned for three consecutive weeks.

2 Likes

I saw this and I read every dev update every thursday, that doesnā€™t change the fact that it took them 5 months to acknowledge this bug and now even more to fix it, I know itā€™s not easy, but come onā€¦ 6 months doing this workaround (start another game, go back to MSFS with quick resume) and sometimes the bug occurs again even after thatā€¦Iā€™m losing my patienceā€¦

3 Likes

Perhaps the issue isnā€™t even theirs to solve.

Iā€™ve got a Razer Turret, which is the only sanctioned (that Iā€™m aware of) Xbox One/Series keyboard & mouse package and it doesnā€™t do this at all. I have a consistent working mouse and keyboard.

Iā€™m wondering if there are issues with keyboards and mice within the OS, rather than within the sim. Yes, they work on other ā€œgamesā€, but the way this sim utilizes the keyboard and mouse is somewhat different to an FPS, for instance.

2 Likes

I have this problem on the X series continually ,but it never seems to happen once I have made it as far as the cockpit ,I also use a dongled Rii keyboard.

Tried using just Hotas without controller = no difference
Tried starting without keyboard switched on = no difference
Tried Quitting/Shutdown Console = sometimesā€¦works
Tried another game/Youtube fix= no difference

One thing that seems to work is to plug my mouse(wired) into a laptop,check it works ,put back in Xbox and itā€™s okā€¦

Once working I can get a run of approx 3 startups of MSFS until it fails again,but other times it fails first attempt next startup.I always one way or another get it going,but if anything needs fixing for many Xbox users ,then this is surely it?,I realise that some on Xbox have no such problem

2 Likes

I have a cheap wireless mouse that works fine on Edge XBSX without issues. As soon as I use it with MSFS it is eratic. When i first got the mouse it was brilliant and had little to no issues.

Could it be the quality of mice in MSFS thats causing issues? Would a better one from Logitech or MS work without issues.