Losing mouse control on Xbox Series S/X

You have you tube on the Xbox?

Yes just install the app from the store. I donā€™t use it for anything other than fixing the mouse in MSFS, which fortunately for me is quite a rare problem.

2 Likes

I found this solution try it. workaround for this (as this has been an issue for quite awhile it seems). For now all you have to do is go back to the home screen without closing it, launch another game, immediately close that other game, then go back to the sim and it should work.

1 Like

I have had mouse and keyboard issues for as long as I got them specifically for MSFS. I have a wireless mouse and Razors half/left hand mini keyboard (think itā€™s called Tartarus or something like that). So my problem is neither will work if both are connected at same time. So ended up getting a usb hub that powers off connections via buttons. Now my workflow everytime I wanna play MSFS is this ā€¦ power off the keyboard, touch the mouse to activate, start up Xbox series x, start up Msfs, press mouse button to start Msfs, create a flight, once I ready to fly, turn on keyboard. Every single time I want to start up MSFS. Iā€™m also using turtle beach flightstick. But I had same problem when I had THotas. Also every once in awhile I lose keyboard connection, so I just power off/on the keyboard.

I used to have this issue too on the XSX when the mouse and keyboard each had their own USB receiver plugged in. I then bought a (cheap) Logitech mouse and keyboard combo using the same receiver and Iā€™ve not lost the mouse (or keyboard) since.

I also suffered this issue on PC as well since the released of the SU12, my mouse pointer just dissapear and clicking anything just donā€™t work, when i open the pause menu and pressed esc the pointer does reappeared but i canā€™t press anything in the cockpit or even in the pause menu, this happen everytime i open the steam overlay at a certain time, the only way i can get the mouse control back was to just restart the sim, itā€™s so frustrating as i need to abandoned my flight because of this and it happened 3x already.

This is still ongoing. Iā€™ve tried about every workaround available and nothing works. Infuriating that something as simple as plugging in a mouse isnā€™t working.

This is still an issue. I found that I could no longer move the camera in cockpit using my xbox X with the controller, so I went out and bought an expensive mouse. Got used to using the mouse and it was good. Then the mouse stopped working properly! When I click the mouse wheel moving the mouse looks around the cockpit but on cursor mode nothing happens. And not the normal functionality of the controller is returned. If we are able to use the mouse, can we just have the proper functionality returned? Anyone else having this issue?

Iā€™m still having this issue as well. The cursor remains on screen, but moving the mouse doesnā€™t move it. Holding down the right button allows you to look around, but the mouse cursor itself doesnā€™t move. Iā€™m not sure if the click still works as it hasnā€™t yet stopped moving over a click spot.

I tried removing the mouse dongle from the XBOX and plugging it back in, and what happened was that huge XBOX mouse cursor thing (big donut) showed up in addition to the mouse cursor that was already on screen and stuck. The huge cursor thing could be moved around with the mouse but could not click anything.

1 Like

Did you try the YouTube workaround instead? Search this thread for it, covered several times.

Yeah Iā€™ve used it before, thanks. More than anything I just wanted to note that the bug is still there in the latest version. I donā€™t think of the workaround as a long term solution because of a couple of things:

1. I try to avoid quick resume like the plague. Iā€™ve experienced instability both in sim and in other games because of it.
  2. If Iā€™m in the middle of flying with others I donā€™t want to lose a ton of ground in the middle of a flight just to go through that whole process.

I do appreciate your mentioning the workaround though, that way no one else is misled into thinking this is a terminal problem. :+1:t2:

Youā€™re right, the workaround itself is quite painful. Clearly Asobo have put this serious and broken behaviour on xbox in the too hard basket. IMO issues with this kind of severity should be given priority.

1 Like

Yeah, opening the YouTube app playing a video then going back to flightsim sorts it for me the twice itā€™s occurred

2 Likes

Had this for 18 mths with non msfs recommended ( would that really help?) wired mouse.I find that if I leave the xbox alone for 4-5 days it often causes it to appear next startup ,could be just coincidence though.Youtube does mostly work for me but this fault must be findable surely and I hope msfs donā€™t just give up on it.

I have the same issue after the latest update . Never had this issue before. Unplugging the mouse doesnt help.

Are you mouse and keyboard dongles the same? I have two dongles, when I unplug the keyboard dongle the mouse begins working again.

I have my keyboard and mouse on the same dongle, however I need to unplug and re plug in my dongle EVERY TIME to get the mouse to work. Works for me soā€¦

1 Like

@Scet106 Right, I got a separate mouse and now my issues have been reduced to about one in every 10 startups

Hi, I find that if on XBOX just flip to another game, donā€™t close, (I got Ghost Recon) just start it up for about 5 seconds, enough to start game, then close and switch back to FS and mouse working

1 Like

Yeah this works. I go to dashboard donā€™t quit the game then restart xbox and then quick resume mouse will return (msfs)

1 Like