Losing mouse control on Xbox Series S/X

I can’t get the mouse to work in any other game other than flight sim. Well that’s on game pass as I have no other games loaded on the Xbox, anyone got any tips?

If you want to use a mouse on a game that is not MSFS you probably want to ask where the game is discussed not on MSFS forum.

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this topic.

Anyone experiencing that the mouse sometimes isn’t working? I tried to restart the Xbox or turn it off then on and it doesn’t fix it. The cursor would be a big black round that I can move but now at function. Any help would be appreciated

Never worked on my xbox, tried many mouses. Went back to PC, so no idea if they ever fixed it.

I have a cheap wireless mouse and keyboard from Logitech which I use every day with MSFS on Xbox Series X. Add long as I start the SIM with them switched on it always works without fault.

At this point I honestly have no hope this will ever get fixed.

My mouse cursor just stopped while flying the Asobo A320neo. Now I’m using the Logitech G502 Lightspeed and it’s the same think. Occasionally it just freezes.

1 Like

I’ve been having issues with the mouse on Xbox in MSFS for the last few days. Mouse works all the way through the loading screens and then when I get to the menu, the click works but it won’t move. Come out of MSFS and open up edge browser, mouse works perfectly and moves/clicks etc. Then go back into MSFS and still not working. Only way I’ve found to get it working is restart the console completely with game on quick resume.

Currently plugged into port on console and previously into a powered hub… only MSFS that has the issue, and once I restart the console I have zero issues in game, it’s just when hitting the menu screen for the first time. It’s happened sporadically in the past, but this last week it’s been every time I’ve started the sim.

Just start up youtube on the xbox and return to the Sim… The mouse will be working again… No need to close down the Sim and restart…

I will try this, I have been going into Edge where the mouse is working perfectly back to the sim without it resolving, but will try YouTube next time it happens

It Works 9 out of 10 times for me… very rarely I get a ctd when leaving youtube and going back to the sim… and I will have to start the sim up again…but mostly this works fine… It is a crying shame we still have this problem though… after all the time msfs is on Xbox… :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, especially as there is clearly nothing wrong with the mouse connection or operation as it works perfectly well in other applications without restarting or doing anything.

I find it works fine while loading up the sim, then it’s always on the menu screen it stops working if it’s going to. Can do a flight using the mouse fine all flight in the cockpit etc, then finish the flight, hit escape and chose main menu and boom mouse stops moving and only click works.

Has to be the sim and something that the menu does to break it… highly frustrating!

2 Likes

Just had this happen for the first time in a few months, it doesn’t occur much but my god is it annoying when it does. I’m not even 100% on what I did to cause it, I started my sim with my keyboard unplugged like usual, got everything ready that I would need for my flight etc etc, started pushback and then tried to start engines but realised my mouse movement wasn’t being recognised

3 Likes

try unpluging the cord or usb module and then plug it into another port. Shut down and restart. It works for me.
Good luck

I’m having the exact same issue but only in the last few days!!

I can accept other bugs but this is seriously annoying

2 Likes

Again for me. Enter buttons still works, but scrolling stopped.

Seriously this bug is annoying!

I find it bizarre that Asobo haven’t fixed it, is it really that hard.

2 Likes

I said in an earlier post that my keyboard will stop working but the mouse is fine. Happened last night! I have learned a trick…flip the keyboard over, pull one of the batteries out for a few seconds and stick it back in. Back in business.

2 Likes

Ok this got even worse in the new Sim Update 13 Beta on Xbox. Lost mouse control 9 times in the past 30 minutes and only way to fix it was restart the entire sim. This needs to be seriously looked at and get fixed.

3 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue now. Mouse loss of control has gotten waaaay worse!

Now if I leave a flight after full shut down, and full control of mouse, enter the main menu click on world map the mouse will lock up in its position and no longer move.

Almost every time I load out of a flight I have to restart now. If I don’t move the mouse for a number of minutes it will essentially “fall asleep,” Lock up and no longer move. I have had to restart the sim more in the last 48hrs than I have in 2years!

It’s also freezing up way more frequently during flights as well.

I sure hope this issue is getting fixed sometime soon, getting sick and tired of losing mouse control in the middle of a flight. I don’t even know why the topic got marked as solved as it is not solved at all it even got worse. Because now the little tricks we used like opening edge on xbox and then close it again then back to MSFS doesn’t work anymore. This needs to get fixed team Asobo / MSFS

1 Like

Yes it drives me mad too / X Box X wireless mouse no rhyme or reason just stops working from time to time