Low performace on a second flight

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes.

Brief description of the issue:

When the first flight is completed and the second flight is started from a different location, the stuttering increases compared to the first flight.
For example, if I return to the main menu after the first flight in Manhattan, then start the second flight in Melbourne, the fps will decrease and the stuttering will increase.
I think the memory doesn’t seem to be properly cleared after the first flight.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i-9 11900K, RTX4080 64GB 1T SSD

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I found that this is related to the rolling cache. I deleted and turned it off and all the issues are gone.

During last weekend, I found how to eliminate sudden drops of fps on a second flight especially in Melbourne downtown area. In the past, last year, I experienced similar experience at the airport of Miami. At that time I resolved the issue by resetting the rolling cache by turning off and then on. And now I did the same thing but turning off permanently. Surprisingly all that fps drop disappeared like magic. And also I have found the similar post. Stutters when Rolling Cache file is fully filled and start to get rolled w/ new data - Bug Reports & Wishlist / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Yes. When it is fully filled up, the stutters will start happening.

The larger rolling cache file size is, the worse the stutters will be.

2 Likes