LVFR A318ceo Discussion

Yes, yes, we know. If you can’t learn the plane in the game and then be ready to take over if both pilots have the fish, then it sucks. amirite?

3 Likes

I wonder if real pilots also criticise the A320 family because they are all the same. :slightly_smiling_face: I think it’s cool that the whole current lineup is available in the sim now. The aircraft using the default on-board systems is practical for a number of reasons. The main one being, if one of the AAUs do improve the default airliners (which I hope) then LVFR’s products would immediately get a huge leap in fidelity as well.

But even without this, these aircraft have much better sounds, more realistic in-flight behaviour, fully modeled cabin with animated passengers (something I still haven’t seen anywhere else yet) and several realistic liveries out of the box, which all make me prefer these over the A320neo, which lately also has this terrible graphical artifact for the exhaust gases. So even though systems fidelity is the same entry level, they provide quite some advantages.

I personally haven’t purchased the A318 as I already have the A319 and there’s really not much difference between what ops can be done with each. I’m tempted more towards the A321neo for its long range. That said, I appreciate that the whole family is available and even in their current form, they’re enjoyable. And if one of those Aircraft & Avionics Updates really overhaul the default systems, these products will jump in value immensely.

8 Likes

You are literally telling them to stop making aircraft add ons because that are not built to a standard that they never claimed in the first place. That was £15. And repeatedly lecturing people for choosing to buy it.

On a thread about the add in that you don’t own and won’t buy.

People like different things.

I like the LFVR airbus family offerings for what they are rather than get angry about them for what they are not.

I particularly dislike toxic gatekeeping.

12 Likes

I’ve never been angry in any of my posts. I’d say from your reaction, you’re the most offended person here. I’ve calmly explained my opinion…. You on the other hand can’t seem to accept that folks disagree with their strategy.

For the second time, you keep doing you. If it’s what floats your boat, great! You don’t have to keep spinning in circles making the same point. Remember, you replied to my original comment, not the other way around.

Side note, don’t read about the e-jets…. You’ll go nuts with being offended.

2 Likes

All I can say is that I love my A318, A319 and A321’s. I fly them the most. Therefore I can’t wait for the A320 CEO , launching most likely this quarter.

3 Likes

ALL:
Keep the discussion on topic and not on each other.
Thank you.

3 Likes

The CG is a little over sensitive. I’m finding anything over 25% encourages it to sit on its behind. Does anyone know what the correct cg range is in real life? The performance calculator I use doesn’t have it for the A318, only A319 and upwards.

To set a custom start value for tank content, you can add

Tank.1=0.0
Tank.2=0.4
Tank.3=0.4
Tank.4=1.0
Tank.5=1.0

to the [FuelSystem.0] section

of the apron.flt, runway.flt etc.

The value is percent over 100. This seems to be the only way to set custom tank content, but unfortunately it is still a bit buggy. Sometimes it is not really initiated and one has to use “ESC” and “RELOAD FLIGHT” , but then it should be set accordingly.

Above example sets the tank content of the standard A320 to appr. 25 %.

Kind Regards
JayDee

2 Likes

I’ve been using suggested fuel and payloads from Simbrief, she’s still a bit tippy!

Has anyone come across any performance calculators for the A318CEO? My go to for the A320 does not calculate for the A318:

Just picked it up today. Is anyone else getting wheel chocks and airstairs still attached when the plane is in motion, and gear still down after raising it? It doesn’t happen on the A319.

Reinstalled and all back to normal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just one note. I know many people think PC users are more serious, and XBox users are casual. That is an unfair classification. In order to get most of the 3rd party jetliners, WASM is needed. PMDG needs WASM. Fenix needs WASM. Leonardo needs WASM. Even CRJ needs WASM. The XBox community has been wanting the more sophisticated jetliners. For now, LVFR is producing the only jetliners that XBox can get. They provide more atmosphere than default jetliners. They have passengers and cabin crew, sounds, etc. It is different that what they have available with the default aircraft.

XBox users might want a steak, but all they can get is a burger at the moment. But the lack of availabiltiy shouldnt mean that XBox users should get classified as casual. They don’t have a choice at the moment. Meanwhile, LVFR is filling a need. They are providing aircraft that is a bit better than default aircraft. Its giving XBox users something to purchase. As a former XBox user, it was disappointing week after week, seeing all the things that PC users would get, but WASM was promised November 2021 and still hasn’t come to XBox yet. When it does, and high fidelity aircraft come to XBox, you will see the number of pilots for PMDG and Fenix increase dramatically.

13 Likes

You seem very hung up on the word “casual” as if
I used it as a derogatory term. Casual is just that…. Casual….

If that’s offensive, then I apologize, but it wasn’t intended that way and I personally think you’re reading into it too much. This wasn’t meant to be an Xbox vs. pc bash session and has now gone off topic from my original reply which was specifically about this aircraft released by LVFR.

With that said, I do still think the Xbox audience is the “causal” player base and I’m saying that as I watch my 13 year old play on his Xbox. Take it how you want from there.

1 Like

I’m a casual PC flyer…what’s the issue?:man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Folks, let’s get back on topic here.
This is for a discussion of the Latin VFR A318ceo only.

1 Like

Personally, I think it is what it is for the price, to me thats 2 pints of beer and a packet of crisps. LVFR are very transparent on what they are offering and as a customer dont expect a lot like the other Airbus on the Market .

I Fly FBW, FENIX however, this compliments my fleet for my career with “A pilots life” as well I have all the PMDG varients.

I have no complaints I dont feel its “cash grabs” for the price.

I enjoy my little LVFR A318.

4 Likes

One little complaint/bug I noticed today while flying at an airport that had icing conditions. It seems none of the LVFR planes model ice accumulation on the plane. The default 320 did, though. A bit disappointing, that is.

Can it be fixed? Or does that require a new model?

Icing on the default a320 is over done. No icing is accumulated on an jet airliner that way, as the aircraft flies too fast and not too much time spent inside moisture/clouds during icing. The only areas of noticable icing is on the pitot-tubes and other small air frame areas. But not like what we see on the default a320/747 etc.

The icing model is not accurate/realistic on airliners in MSFS.

We could have done it, as it was very simple, but its not realistic.

2 Likes

That’s the thing. We have to work within the world of the game we have. It might be a bit exaggerated and gamey but it’s still better to have and turn off if you want rather than not have it and rely on flow pro to tell me I’m icing up or falling out of the sky while the plane looks shiny and clean and wondering what’s going on.

1 Like