M20r carenado ctd

OK, at least with regards to not being able to reinstall the M20, I believe I found the culprit.

I manually went into the %AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator folder and deleted the following folders:

1. …\Simobjects\carenado_m20r_ovation
  2. …\packages\official\steam\carenado-aircraft-m20r-ovation

Once these two folders are deleted, the Content Manager gave me the option to download and install. It appears the sim’s logic is that as long as these two folder directories exist, then the sim thinks that the addon is still installed, but it can’t search up any info about the addon, hence the missing Version # on the listing for the M20 on the content manager.

2 Likes

Really a poor certificate with today’s update no repair of the entire aircraft.

Has anyone of you ever tried to get the money back?

I’m going to start requesting a refund. This is utterly unacceptable. They can pass the blame back and forth all they want. The bottom line, there are no acceptable excuses for leaving your customers hanging indefinitely like this. And the audacity to continue selling broken planes!

3 Likes

I agree, i’m usually very patient in these situations and don’t care who is to blame, as long as a fix is issued in a reasonable time. This hasn’t happened and with no explanation given as to why.

Worst still, i bought the Seminole under the unfortunate statement from carenado that the fix had been submitted to Microsoft and would be released at any moment.

Sorry, but this has not been handled with professionalism in my opinion.

3 Likes

Indeed. It’s been 7 weeks since the Ovation was broken, and since then, no action at all. Yet they’re still selling these broken assets in the marketplace.

Very disappointing, to say the least.

6 Likes

That’s the best way to put it I think. It’s just been very unprofessionally handled.

I bought it the very day before it became a mess. Haven’t been able to fly it at all unfortunately. I’m not mad I spent the $30 on it. There’s always the inherent risk with third party addons, and I have faith it will get resolved. I just have a bad taste in my mouth over basically being given the cold shoulder.

2 Likes

Exactly the point. I couldn’t care less about $30. I’ll spend 10x that much without so much as a second thought on something I want. It’s not about the money. It’s about the fact that as customers we’re being ignored.

Is something being done in the background? Maybe, maybe not. But the fact no one is telling us anything is the issue. We don’t know what’s going on.

And in the meantime, people are buying this broken garbage and can’t use it, can’t get refunds, and no one is doing anything to help them.

7 Likes

This is why I keep saying ASOBO / Microsoft need to pull finger out. But I am guess its cat & mouse. Still that leaves many of us with $60 the price of this sim at base level with useless add-on’s Not about the money, but the principal! The updates need to be much quicker than this!

“This is frustrating. I am frustrated. Not only with the Marketplace but with myself for not finding this sooner and getting clear communication out to you all. We, on the community team are seeking clarification on the how and why. We have received some but to be frank - its not enough. Thank you for your patience and I want to reassure you this has moved up to the top of my list - standby.”

Royal
CM

10 Likes

Thank you. It’s been 7 weeks since that update broke our planes, and other than Jorg and Seb admitting in the last Q&A that they broke 3rd party planes (after 6 weeks of silence on the matter), we’ve heard absolutely nothing about what, if anything, is being done about this.

I think I speak for many people in this thread saying that we’d at the very least like to know what’s being done and when we can expect this to finally be fixed. And we appreciate you looking into this on our behalf.

5 Likes

Those are great questions that we are seeking answers to as well.

4 Likes

And if not quicker, at least communicate. Thank you @RoyalTot for following up on this!

1 Like

Agreed. I want to take responsibility for not catching this sooner- I aim to do better. My role, as I see it, is to be the conduit between the community and the MS/Asobo team. With that being said - please feel free to tag me in major issues that seem to not be addressed.

I know I know - its in the Code of Conduct not to tag MSFT employees. Here is your written hall pass. I would rather have my inbox riddled with pings and be informed rather than not.

7 Likes

Hi all!

Your frustrations regarding 3rd party aircraft and the Marketplace are not falling on deaf ears. Jorg stated in the previous Q&A, he is fully aware of this disconnect and that our updates have broken 3rd party planes. Our ingestion time is slow with gathering updates from 3rd parties and releasing them to our Marketplace. This is top of mind. We aim and must do better by our community and our partners.

Our plan to remedy:

1. Beta versions of new builds(updates) in Q1 2021 so companies have time to test their products before the build goes live and address any issues.

2. Expanding our Marketplace team in the new year and changing processes. We will share details when available.

This insight doesn’t fix anything right this instant. Our ask: Continue to have patience as these two changes are major in scope and do continue to keep us informed and accountable.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback.

12 Likes

This is well understood. What everyone is asking:

1. Why has Carenado’s update not been processed?
  2. Would it actually fix anything?

If it’s not released because it won’t fix anything… That’s fine. Just let us know. Right now people are blaming Carenado and many are asking for refunds. And it seems like it’s not Carenado’s fault, but they are taking the blame.

All in all, people are bummed they spent money on product they can’t use. Some communication directly about those products would be appreciated specifically. And if you can’t give a date on when they’ll be fixed, fine, just say that. While not everyone is involved in a development industry, many are, and those who aren’t when communicated to appropriately, can be brought on board.

Not to mention, why are you leaving broken product available for sale in the Marketplace? I think if you turned them off, maybe said out for repair, people would be less angry. You are selling broken product.

We are all happy you’ve recognized that your processes need to be changed.

Edit: IOW, your response addresses your problem, it does not address our problem. That’s the kind of communication that makes people angry, when they ask a question, and you answer with the answer to a different problem. They feel not listened to. @RoyalTot’s response was much more appropriate.

6 Likes

I appreciate your reply, but it’s already been 2 months since our expensive 3rd party planes broke. It’s not like this just happened last week and there’s a scramble on to get it fixed. Furthermore, those broken planes are still being sold in the marketplace to unsuspecting buyers who can’t use them. That seems rather unfair.

I know I appreciate that things are being put into motion to ensure 3rd party devs can test their wares on beta builds in advance. This is a step in the right direction for the future. But it really doesn’t address the issue that people who paid top dollar for premium 3rd party content haven’t been able to use it for 2 months. A vague Q1 2021 isn’t a very reassuring reply as to when we can expect a fix for the products we paid for.

7 Likes

And when I open the door.

Update from Carenado

1 Like

Let me jump in. We have not yet got a definitive answer on the above. Will update when we do.

Certainly can empathize and sympathize - we would be too. (Speaking for Jayne here) As of this moment, we don’t have any details when this will be resolved. Standby.

Lastly, Jayne’s statement was written by both of us so I am to blame for the messaging as much if not more as the final edit was mine. Here’s the skinny: we want to give as much details as humanly possible. We’re frustrated with you as we get to witness first how much it impacts you. My personal ask as Royal or sometimes known as Alex is to give Jayne the benefit of the doubt that she is doing everything she can to be as transparent as possible and has your best intentions at heart.

4 Likes

Was this today?