M20r carenado ctd

Yes, 1 hour ago.

Thanks! Seeking timelines on my end.

I’m sorry if I came across as mean, that wasn’t my intention. Just trying to be honest about what people are feeling and why, and how best to address those feelings and the issue here.

Personally, I understood what’s been going on the whole time.

I am happy to hear the process that brought us to this point is being addressed. And, as I noted, if the developers were aware of how to fix it, it wouldn’t have happened in the first place. So I also realize it takes time to even figure out what’s wrong, much less fix it.

In the meantime, people just want to be aware that ya’ll care. You have addressed that. Thanks for the feedback.

Bull ■■■■! Apple often releases its updates, but along with this, all the applications on my phone work and are updated immediately. Сarenado is the opposite. The simulator will be updated for a very long time. Accordingly, Сarenado needs to be updated immediately after it.
If you want to be on the market, be relevant. Windows is also being updated all the time, but I don’t remember that some application accused corporation of breaking their product))))

You’re welcome and this is exactly what we’re here for. To be part of the community, not merely a scrolling billboard of text. “This week in MSFS…”

3 Likes

I see it all the time, especially where Apple is concerned. Try being in the music/recording industry. Every single OS update from Apple causes major problems for applications that require fixes from Apple, and there’s nothing they (the application industry developers) can do about it. It takes months sometimes for fixes to happen.

I have a professional friend who’s still on Pro Tools 6 because of this.

I do not even know. I make music and use Logic pro X. To be honest, I have no problem with that. In any case, the comparison is not very good. Do you really want to compare Logic Pro and Сarenado models?))))

I have the same issue, too, on a Windows 10 system. I filed a bug report with Carenado Support on Dec 3, 2020. They replied that I should just update MFS 2020 which I had already done earlier in the day. They then responded with this email:
Carenado Support, Dec 3, 2020, 14:46 GMT-3:

I see, thanks, this problem was cause by the sim, but we also updated our aircraft, we sent the updates for the aircraft to Asobo a few days ago, they should be ready and available soon.
Regards

Carenado.

My question revolves around Carenado’s definition of ‘soon’. :wink:
I wonder if they test their software on released versions of MFS 2020. Doesn’t seem like it.

I’m sorry, what are you trying to imply?
That post was for a different set of problems caused by a different update.

These planes began development 6 months to a year ago. When they get released has more to do with when they are ready than anything else. They have a development schedule, they figure out what they need to do, budget the time to do it, move on to the next, and go back and fix bugs as they appear. the latest products get the latest technology, the earliest ones get fixed to run as specified if they break. There is zero incentive to be made to remake a product that isn’t going to bring in revenue.

MSFS is a software product that is changing at lightning speed. Listen to the people who are converting aircraft from FSX. Every update gives them a new problem with the instrument panel. This is exactly what Carenado has to deal with, too.

The GNS530 mod was working great. Then Asobo broke the POI waypoints and several other GPS functions. Nothing the modder can do but wait for Asobo to fix what they keep breaking. Not to mention he’s conscientious enough to develop extra code to keep functionality from breaking. I wouldn’t have bothered, as it’ll just need to be removed when they fix the problem.

There are no nefarious or disingenuous processes going on here. It’s all about the business, that’s it. We all claim to want capitalism. Welcome to capitalism.

Soon is “We’ve done everything we can, and we have no idea when Microsoft is going to fulfill their part of the bargain, sorry”

As Asobo has said repeatedly, they will be implementing a process to give early access to developers next year. Right now, Carenado gets the updates as soon as you do, no sooner.

It literally takes at least a week of testing, probably more because they have to do it on multiple platforms, and then at least a week to make changes for problems they find, along with using bug reports from users to help guide them to problems. How they manage to get fixes out in less than a month is amazing to me. That they do means they are in direct communication with Asobo and can get their help.

Indeed, but I think you’re misinformed.

You’re absolutely right, I would not compare Logic Pro X to Carenado, since LPX is an Apple software product.

Carenado is more akin to comparison with a hardware interface product like a Helix or a Focusrite product. They are 100% reliant on MSFS working to work themselves, or, in the case of a hardware interface, the audio drivers that Apple breaks with every upgrade.

Clearly, you do not do much complex if you haven’t run into audio driver interface problems with Apple products. If you’d really like, I can find links to many, many problems that Apple has caused for musicians and producers. They eventually get fixed. Personally, I’m happy I record and produce on a PC, and I’m just an amateur.

Do a search on Catalina Audio Interface issues, or Mojave, or Helix Apple Update issues… or… the list goes on.

Dude chill. Carendo don’t know what’s going with changes till we do. Don’t compare Windows Dec with add-on planes. Windows is tested different, it runs your pc it needs to work.

This one is on ASOBO. Carendo are on the same playing field as FlybyWire in this sense. They can’t know till the updates are released.

ASOBO/MS have failed. Here is how they can fix it.

1. Better Communication
  2. A 3rd Party Forum where Devs maybe only partners can announce and respond

Also where is the EZ-Long update.

4 Likes

You’re killing me with EZ-Long. Haha… It’s Long-EZ. :wink:

But yes, agreed.

3 Likes

Yeah sorry. I keep doing that.
Thanks dude

1 Like

Well, I sure3 agree with you saying that ASOBO/MS should have a separate 3rd party forum . I think moving all discussions concerning 3rd party software would be fantastic idea. We could then focus on fixes to the core MSFS program and let any fixes involving 3rd party Addons, Payware, Freeware or other ware be handled after any core MSFS issues are resolved. Makes sense to me…

This is clearly a step in the right direction and should have been taken from day one as planed, if I remember correctly. With a closed beta group of players and developers issues like this could become less of a problem. But only if the developers are able to push the updates quicly to the marketplace. It does not look good when I have to think twice about bying from the marketplace based on the experience with the two Carenado planes that I have but can’t use.

1 Like

The Marketplace is a core feature of the sim. If items for sale on the in-sim marketplace are broken that discussion should not be hidden away in some small corner of the forum.

5 Likes

I was so looking forward to flying this airplane. I just purchased the M20R Ovation for ($43.67 CAD) today and it doesn’t matter what I click with my mouse in the cockpit, it’s an instant CTD. If I use the mouse wheel or any mouse buttons it’s an instant CTD. Really disappointed right now. Are we going to have to avoid buying 3rd party products? I know it always takes time to iron out the bugs but man this is irritating… No more purchases for me for a long time.

4 Likes

Same here. Carenado never more.

2 Likes