M3 - Free Multiplayer Model Matching Utility - Now available!

Multiplayer Model Matching (M3) is a free app for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that enables you to match other players’ aircraft models (even if you don’t own them) to ones you have installed. Say goodbye to generic MSFS models during multiplayer sessions!

Do you see the generic Bonanza for your friend’s Kitfox because you don’t own the Kitfox? Then you can setup M3 to see a proper tail-dragger X Cub instead. You own the Kitfox, but someone else has a new livery you don’t have, so you see the generic Bonanza? M3 will enable you to see the Kitfox instead. Just set it and forget it.

Now available at flightsim.to: Multiplayer Model Matching (M3) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

If you already have M3, you can download the latest Source Aircraft file using the following link and use the Source Aircraft import feature within M3 to import: Multiplayer Model Matching (M3) Source Aircraft Update File for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

45 Likes

This is what a lot of people have been waiting for!

4 Likes

model matching would be awesome

This is brilliant!

Amazing if it can be done.

Very much looking forward to this, if it’s true it will improve the immersion of multiplayer games perfectly.

I think it’s pretty egregious the base game’s model matching is that bad.

I guess this probably isn’t coming to Xbox?

1 Like

Sorry, but no. PC only.

Indeed it can! Performing QA testing right now.

Given this is going to be free, is it going to be closed source or open source? I’m interested in how you’ve gotten this to work technically. I mean, I’ll use it either way since broken model matching is one of my biggest peeves.

Would this allow me to assign one of my AI models as a match for a particular type designator? Or only flyable models? I’m fairly sure I occasionally some of the AIG AI models used in-sim now when flying multiplayer.

Closed source for the time being. If you can access the configuration files for the AI aircraft, then likely you could use it as a Target aircraft to match to an ICAO aircraft designator.

1 Like

Fantastic!

M3 is currently in Beta release with limited public testing underway. Our Prod release should be out within the next two weeks!

12 Likes

Software now appears to be available on flightsim.to
Multiplayer Model Matching (M3) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

First impressions look really good, hoping to have a lot fun with this. Finally solving all the unknown aircraft doing inappropriate manoeuvres.

More recent announcement post here
[RELEASE] Multiplayer Model Matching (M3) | M3 Team - General Discussion & Community Support / 3rd Party Product Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

@flyndive thanks for this, keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Definitely getting some attention.
Good job guys!

1 Like

Is there a way to use a owned 3rd party aircraft as TARGET aircraft?
an example: from Bredok3D 737MAX to PMDG 737

As I see it, this utility is mostly for retargeting aircrats to the default msfs standard aircraft models.

And also, how do you fix the issue with seeing generic aircraft when you have the aircraft but not livery.

You should watch the video directly above your post. I think both questions are answered there.

Not sure if you watched it but I watched it twice, and I still dont know where it explains how to do the 2 things I asked. He shows how to target a un-owned aircraft to a default aircraft - thats all he shows. He mentions briefly that there is a advanced section where you can add your own aircraft, but doesnt show how to. He even mentions one example if you want all aircraft to show up as a spitfire, but of course doesnt show how (spitfire is of course not even in the target list afaik).

theres a 72 pages manual which is great but also somewhat confusing, and mentions that you should avoid using the advanced stuff.

Have anyone even tried targeting a owned 3rd party aircraft? Anybody know a tutorial video that shows how?

yes I have made a target aircraft from the C414AW. It’s complicated.

alright, but if it works Ill just figure it out I guess :smiley: