Majestic Dash-8 Q400 to be developed for MSFS, waiting for SDK improvements

11 Likes

Oh, now that is good news. I loved flying that in X-Plane, and I believe there may be a certain YT captain who flies it in real life who will be happy to hear that, I expect.

1 Like

Thats cool!! Dash 8 is a fun aircraft to fly! Aerosoft announced the CRJ the other day too, also waiting on some SDK advancements but expected to release this year.

X-Plane ?
There is no Majestic Dash 8 Q400 in X-Plane just a Dash 8 .
X-Plane Dash 8 is very basic 
 not comparable with the Majestic version ( eg no “original” Dash 8 FMS etc etc etc )

I didn’t mean Majestic, I meant the Dash 8 Q400 in general. I forget the developer, but it definitely wasn’t Majestic. I bought it from the XP store.

Thanks for this. I am really hoping to get my hands on the -8 soon.

As a real life Q400 pilot this is amazing news. Majestic has done a great job with their FSX/P3D releases and I’m sure this will be no different. Majestic also has a “Classic” Dash 8 300 project on the backburner that I remember they paused development on specifically to wait for this sim and the SDK to come along.

You are referring to Emily, aren’t you? :smiley:

1 Like

Pilot Emilie is exactly who I thought of seeing this post! She did get laid off earlier in the year though. :frowning:

1 Like

That is exciting news! Love the Majestic Q400 in P3D and would make for a great addition between airliners and GA/Business aircraft. So either they will Control the turboprop model themselves or let’s hope the current model In MSFS is fixed by then.

really? I thought she said (in one of her latest videos) she was furloughed??

Oops, I think you’re right. I assumed that was the same thing.

2 Likes

Yeah. Imagine getting to Captain the plane, then a few months later getting furloughed. :pensive:

1 Like

Absolutely brilliant news. I love the Dash-8 Q400.

True story: the only ‘study level’ aircraft I ever bought for X-Plane 11. Something about its design and the way it can be used for domestic flights in some of the world’s more remote places. Love it. I have a whole suite of liveries personally designed (I’m a professional graphic designer) to decorate that thing with.

Will be following this development very closely. My wallet is already twitching in anticipation.

She would certainly fill a gap in the current lineup! I tested it in FSX several years ago and it was really stunning. Actually, I can’t wait for the SDK to be updated and we start to see those high end 3rd party models coming in

MS and Asobo have given us a revolutionary sim in record time, probably beating their own roadmap by 5 months. But expecting that they also give us 30 study level airplanes for 2$ apiece and from day one, was only an illusion.

With regards to the SDK. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and we simply must have a little patience.

The sim is out but the SDK just isn’t finished yet as the sim is extremely ambitious and apparently was able to release much earlier than planned. I personally prefer this approach of releasing without the complete set of features instead of rushing out a broken mess on day one and calling it “finished”.

Complex airliners addons will take years anyway, so we should maybe watch out for study level GA aircraft first. A study level Cub would probably possible within the next 6 months, condering that the default ones are already surprisingly good.

From an November 24th update:

Regarding FS 2020 there really isn’t anything further to add from what we expressed in our previous post. Asobo seems to be busy updating the platform which is always a good thing, and we can only hope that in the background an SDK allowing for our continued development on this platform will become available.

2 Likes

I am just playing with the SDK for about 2 months
all I can say is if anyone manages to create a complex airplane before the summer 2021 that person deserves a medal.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s going to take a mighty long time before this thing hits the tarmac.

Quote from a few weeks ago on their forum: Regarding MSFS 2020 we certainly plan on crossing over to the platform, and it is most certainly good to see other prominent development groups moving their products over. That being said, we would like to see some more work done to the SDK as the transition for us very like is going to be a laborious one as we a limited to team members, but we’ll get there.

Playing hard to get.