Thanks everyone for the invaluable feedback and discussion, I’ve tried to summarize the related observations. I hope we manage to get concrete response and planned resolution from the developers.
Sim update 4 - weather effect on aerodynamics:
- Ridge lift - exists
- Turbulence doesn’t impact pitch and roll axises, highly unrealistic
- Thermals - exists but only relatively close to the ground. Also, not as strong as IRL .
- Thermals “Albedo” effect is still not implemented ( per developers, to be implemented in the future)
- Turbulence in clear air and in clouds (SU4) - severely limited and weak
- Updraft/downdraft velocity - limited to 1000ft/min ( per developers )
- Gusts are totally broken…
Anything else missing to a “TLDR” summary?